Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Knicks Won't Extend Chandler

  1. #1
    Moderator
    CoolClyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    2,499
    Rep Power
    20

    Default Knicks Won't Extend Chandler

    Same f*cking sh*t as last year with David Lee. "we want him, but we have to see what happens"...
    first the wait for Lebron, now the wait for Melo, and we lose our best players while we wait.
    sigh... say goodbye to the 2nd best player on our team.

    Every other team is signing their players, but not the Knicks!
    oh well... I blame Eddy Curry.


    Knicks Won't Extend Chandler

    Nov 01, 2010 8:55 AM EST
    The Knicks aren't going to give forward Wilson Chandler a contract extension by Monday night's NBA deadline.

    "We will wait until the year is over," Knicks president Donnie Walsh told The New York Post.

    "It has nothing to do with Wilson. We want him. It has to do with the fact that there will be a new collective bargaining agreement and we are not sure what impact it would have."

    Chandler will become a restricted free agent in July.

    Via New York Post


    DONNIE WALSH, HARD AT WORK!

    Read more: [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  2. #2
    The Knicks are Back DaTPRiNCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood
    Posts
    3,862
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    i still have faith that we resign him, come the offseason we get first dibs on him he'll end up back here. at least thats what im hoping for. he's come out this year just beasting and has really shown he could take that next step

  3. #3
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,038
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    I like Chandler, he's homegrown, and seems like a nice guy, but it's only been three games. He's been good other seasons, but inconsistent. Hopefully he's consistent all season and we offer a contract to him.

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,795
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    We'll probably offer a contract to him towards the midseason...it's VERY early to offer a contract extension to him because you really don't know who's going to be on this team come 2011

  5. #5
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,227
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    We'll probably offer a contract to him towards the midseason...it's VERY early to offer a contract extension to him because you really don't know who's going to be on this team come 2011
    Midseason isn't an option.

  6. #6
    Veteran quiggle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,246
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    it's not that, Wil pretty much sealed his fate the offseason getting busted for weed. Dolan doesnt like that kind of image being brought to the club, he can be MVP material but out you go if you diss the organization like that.

  7. #7
    Veteran StEpHoN_mArBuRy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Queenz
    Posts
    3,086
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    ^^ It wasnt even his bud... his mans took the heat..get off it already.

  8. #8
    Veteran quiggle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,246
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I don't care if he smokes dishwashing solution, its Dolan that doesnt like negativity bought to the team look what happened to Marv Albert and Gus Johnson because they dont bring the good side of the team to light. see Oakley keep running his mouth Knicks treat him bad woo woo woo thats why you dont see him back here in any form.

  9. #9
    Hannibal Lecter TR1LL10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dark side of the Moon
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Everyone needs to relax and stop hating on Walsh. This is a smart move for the organization. The CBA negotiations are ongoing and no one has any idea what the cap will look like and how existing salaries will impact our flexibility. Waiting until the new contract is signed is by far the best move and I think Chandler understands that. Further it does not hurt to have him feel like he needs to perform all year to earn a nice contract. Win/win.

  10. #10
    Moderator
    CoolClyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    2,499
    Rep Power
    20

    Default trill on

    Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
    Everyone needs to relax and stop hating on Walsh. This is a smart move for the organization. The CBA negotiations are ongoing and no one has any idea what the cap will look like and how existing salaries will impact our flexibility. Waiting until the new contract is signed is by far the best move and I think Chandler understands that. Further it does not hurt to have him feel like he needs to perform all year to earn a nice contract. Win/win.

    actually, that is a voice of reason, Trill. i'd just like to see Knicks offer more than a 1-year contract to a home-grown product (!) before they lose him to free agency. i have to agree with you tho, win/win winston chandler.

  11. #11
    Hannibal Lecter TR1LL10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dark side of the Moon
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    actually, that is a voice of reason, Trill. i'd just like to see Knicks offer more than a 1-year contract to a home-grown product (!) before they lose him to free agency. i have to agree with you tho, win/win winston chandler.
    Yea but if we want him we can resign him since he is a RESTRICTED FA.

  12. #12
    Member BleedOrange&Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    354
    Rep Power
    9

    Smile

    Originally Posted by quiggle
    I don't care if he smokes dishwashing solution, its Dolan that doesnt like negativity bought to the team look what happened to Marv Albert and Gus Johnson because they dont bring the good side of the team to light. see Oakley keep running his mouth Knicks treat him bad woo woo woo thats why you dont see him back here in any form.
    Whaaaaat? Theres a reason why players aren't getting extended this season and that is the looming CBA and cap flexibility for Melo. With this uncertainty it would be wise to wait and see what happens (If the cap is lowered or players salaries have to come down.)

    As for Gus Johnson not showing the good side of the team you must be high as Wilson as Gus Freaking Johnson annoyingly tried to get fans excited by having seizures and pissing his pants every time our crappy Knicks made a play. Firing Gus Johnson was the best move the Knics have made in years. R.I.P. Gus Johnson the most overrated play by play announcer ever.

    On a side note, has anyone had the urge to dress up a "Wilson" brand volleyball put it on a stick give it a bloody smiley face ala Cast Away and yell out "Willlllll-Sooooooon!!!!!!!" every time Chandler makes a decent play, or am I the only one?

  13. #13
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by TR1LL10N
    Everyone needs to relax and stop hating on Walsh. This is a smart move for the organization. The CBA negotiations are ongoing and no one has any idea what the cap will look like and how existing salaries will impact our flexibility. Waiting until the new contract is signed is by far the best move and I think Chandler understands that. Further it does not hurt to have him feel like he needs to perform all year to earn a nice contract. Win/win.
    Exactly and if I'm not mistaken he'll be a restricted free agent so there's no way we can lose him for nothing unless someone offers him Eddy Curry money.

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,271
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    ^^I agree with these above qoutes. It would be foolish to get rid of him, especially knowing how he's improved his game year after year. It would be a crime to get rid of him before getting rid of lesser producing players on the team. that is just poor backwards management...

  15. #15
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Gilbert, AZ
    Posts
    5
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Because they're waiting until the end of the year, I would hope they either know one of two things:

    1. That Chandler's extremely likely to re-sign once the year ends.
    2. There's an extremely high chance Melo comes to NY.

    I agree with what a few people have said defending Walsh but you have to realize that there IS a way to build a team without sitting and waiting for huge players to come (LeBron, Melo). You sign your players that produce when you have the chance and the team continues to get better. Then, if the timing is right a big name player will come and that will help a lot, but if it doesn't happen at least you're already moving in the right direction.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 219
    Last Post: Apr 15, 2009, 07:35
  2. Knicks at Magic 3/21 7PM
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: Mar 24, 2009, 11:06
  3. Replies: 1
    Last Post: Feb 18, 2009, 21:23
  4. Farewell Marbury???
    By lanceroy in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 154
    Last Post: Jul 10, 2008, 19:22
  5. At What Point Will You Say The Knicks Are Better Without Steph?
    By Eddy Currys House Special in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 130
    Last Post: Jan 21, 2008, 17:25

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •