Knicks @ Bulls GT - Nov 4

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
If this team ever figures out the pick-and-roll with Amare

I don't get it. Ronnie T has successfully converted in the P&R, I think, 4-5 times in the last 3 games, but STAT hasn't. Literally AT ALL.

Fair enough he's been doubled and tripled constantly since opening night on picks, post ups and dribble drives, but you'd think there'd be at least a dozen times when he's scored on the roll by now.

Is it the passer or the roller?

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I hate how some people change opinions game to game.

Omg he had a good game hes awesome and we're awesome.
Whoa he had a bad game. WTF we suck donkey balls.

Its a longgggg season. We got a while to go and need to see a lot more before we can judge anything. In the meantime it doesn't hurt to be optimistic or at least try to cheer your team. Why on earth do you watch this game if you just want to hate all the time? Theres a difference between objective criticism and blind hatred.

So are you saying, that after the first 4 games of the season, you're not slightly worried about Amar'e? I know I'm gonna be called out for whining about his game, but for those of you who actually watched his individual performance and shrugged it off because we were winning......... I don't know what to say?

Whoa he had a bad game. WTF we suck donkey balls.

If that's aimed at me and my comments about Amar'e, then GTFO. STAT, IMO, is a big concern at an even bigger price.

Sure, he opened the arc for our shooters tonight, but we're not gonna be hitting 70% of our 3s game by game.

We need him to play like $100M. End of f'ing story.

gaknickfan

Benchwarmer
still very early ..... but i like that the team plays hard ..... and most suprising is the team defends ...... also great win coz game on national TV (dont have to take kidding from my buddys...we all remember the last time our team was on TNT ) ......like what im seeing GO KNICKS

KingCharles34

All Star
These kids are up past their bedtime gettin mad :mad:

So we gonna act like Amare's not averaging over 6 turnovers a game?

The Knicks are my team but fairy tales are for kids :smokin:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Turiaf is a great GREAT piece of the puzzle, the guy just plays hard every single play, on both ends of the court. he's not the most polished offensive player, but i expect him to get better on this team.

Absolutely. Vital role player, leader, example setter and so on. Legendary.

I really liked Felton's game tonight too, man. 20, 10, 5 and 2 picks as well as deflecting Rose's passes and playing enough D to keep him honest. His shots were falling, his passes on point....Great game from El Capitain.

Douglas was lights out too.

WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME WE GOT 50 POINTS OUT OF OUR BACKCOURT?

Good to see Gallo firing too. Hope he brings it tomorrow night.
:gony:

smokes

Huge Member
Seriously, it's not quite time to hate on Amare just yet. It's 4 games in and he was the BIG signing of the summer that Knicks fans have been waiting for since 2008. He's under a boatload of pressure, playing for a new team, with a new PG to tandem with.

Sure he hasn't played amazingly yet but he's still putting up solid numbers (apart from the TO's), and his threat allows us to open up the floor.

Too early for peoples panties to be getting in a twist if you ask me.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Amar'e may not have scored a ton but that block he had late in the 4th was a big time block. He contributed in a different way...

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
And there you have it

Its real simple. Amar'e needs help. When Gallo is hitting shots and being productive Amare can have a bad game and be a turnover machine and we can still win.

Our defense has been much improved. While Wilson, Fields, Douglas and Gallo are getting a lot of press right now Turiafs +/- numbers have been off the charts and this has been his most impressive game. For once in a long time I feel good about our defense. Sure we will not be a great defensive team but being average is leaps and bounds better than last year. If you also see how we are rebounding the ball I could care less about David Lee's Departure as Turiaf has been splendid in filling that hustle role and we are not paying 60 million/5 years for it.

Considering we are 2-2 at this point and our 2 losses came at the hands of boston and portland where Danilo was in a slump I am very optimistic about this teams chance to make the playoffs.

petescud

Starter
Tonights game was awesome. Both Amare and Chandler weren't on fire, and we still won big. Toney Douglas, Gallo and Ray Felton are you kidding me.....Awesome......This team can do really well if we all play like this throughout the year, by others picking up the guys not playing 100%....This is what makes winners ... I still love watching this team and thats the greatest part of all....also was great that we won was hearing Charles Barkley saying this Knick team stinks and Chicago isn;'t playing well. Does CB ever think that, maybe we got better this year. Sorry but i think he's an idiot

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
Tonights game was awesome. Both Amare and Chandler weren't on fire, and we still won big. Toney Douglas, Gallo and Ray Felton are you kidding me.....Awesome......This team can do really well if we all play like this throughout the year, by others picking up the guys not playing 100%....This is what makes winners ... I still love watching this team and thats the greatest part of all....also was great that we won was hearing Charles Barkley saying this Knick team stinks and Chicago isn;'t playing well. Does CB ever think that, maybe we got better this year. Sorry but i think he's an idiot

I like Charles Barkley but the way he talks about the Knicks is getting on my nerves. He straight up said the Knicks stink, the Knicks need to shut him up and keep winning.

The win wasn't the best, the 3 point shot won't help us every time. The Knicks play good defense but still have their mistakes, need to learn to keep the energy going and finish strong, especially in the fourth quarter.

Let Amare play a few more games in our colours before the malice. If you absolutely have to hate at this early stage of the season, just remind yourself we still got fat boy curry listed

iJoe

Rotation player
So are you saying, that after the first 4 games of the season, you're not slightly worried about Amar'e? I know I'm gonna be called out for whining about his game, but for those of you who actually watched his individual performance and shrugged it off because we were winning......... I don't know what to say?

If that's aimed at me and my comments about Amar'e, then GTFO. STAT, IMO, is a big concern at an even bigger price.

Sure, he opened the arc for our shooters tonight, but we're not gonna be hitting 70% of our 3s game by game.

We need him to play like $100M. End of f'ing story.

First of all, you need to lighten up if you think all comments are about you because they're not. Like I said, its fine to be objective, just not go crazy game to game.

Amare is still getting used to being the sole focus of the defense. Its gonna take some time and hes never been too fast at picking things up. As the surrounding players improve, hopefully that will lighten his load.

I personally just love the fact that this team hustles and tries damn hard to win even if it is still really messy. The Knicks still sometimes lose track of their defensive assignments, but its nice seeing 3 or 4 players rise up and collapse on the driver. Turiaf's energy is infectious! The other teams have got to get used to not having a layup line against the Knicks anymore.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
First of all, you need to lighten up if you think all comments are about you because they're not. Like I said, its fine to be objective, just not go crazy game to game.

Amare is still getting used to being the sole focus of the defense. Its gonna take some time and hes never been too fast at picking things up. As the surrounding players improve, hopefully that will lighten his load.

I personally just love the fact that this team hustles and tries damn hard to win even if it is still really messy. The Knicks still sometimes lose track of their defensive assignments, but its nice seeing 3 or 4 players rise up and collapse on the driver. Turiaf's energy is infectious! The other teams have got to get used to not having a layup line against the Knicks anymore.

Hence the "if" dude.

And you're bang on about the D comparatively with not even since D'Antoni came in, but since the new millennium.

It's great to see both that and the best second unit we've had in a long, arduous time.

kingDOM312580

Benchwarmer
Right now the game plan for knick opponents is to shut down Amare. Once teams realize we have 4 or 5 players who can step-up on any any given night, they will begin to respect us as a team and Amare's game will open up.

KnickfanaticinGA

Benchwarmer
Let Amare play a few more games in our colours before the malice. If you absolutely have to hate at this early stage of the season, just remind yourself we still got fat boy curry listed

Did Curry make the trip yesterday? Was probably out and about at the local restaurant stuffing his face with Chicago style pizzas doing a comparison to Ray's. :teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth:

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Seriously, it's not quite time to hate on Amare just yet. It's 4 games in and he was the BIG signing of the summer that Knicks fans have been waiting for since 2008. He's under a boatload of pressure, playing for a new team, with a new PG to tandem with.

Sure he hasn't played amazingly yet but he's still putting up solid numbers (apart from the TO's), and his threat allows us to open up the floor.

Too early for peoples panties to be getting in a twist if you ask me.

I am not hating on Amare...I'm a fan. I am just concerned about what I have seen so far. I think my concerns are more with how the offense is running via Amare and Felton more than Amare as a player himself. I think these turnovers and loss of production have to do with where and when he is getting the ball. I think Felton is a good PG but so far he has not gotten Amare the ball where he needs it so that Amare can just finish. I observed this in the very first preseason game and created an entire thread about it so lets not pretend it's just 4 games. I hope that Felton and Amare can get into a grove and devlop some ESP or that Amare can effectively adjust his game to that of a creator instead of just a finisher.

p0nder

Starter
Feton was a dissapointment for me because he didn't really try to get Amar'e going. Amar'e was teetering on having a good game in the first half. But he wasn't getting touches and when he did they were at least 15 feet from the net and not off of the pick n roll.

A lot of felton's assists came from passing it to douglas or gallo who were not really being contested for the long ball and were knocking them down at an unreal pace. Props to him to recognize that they were hot, but i'd have rather see him do some more creative things: weave the base line, get his players open, etc. It is apparent to me that Felton is an average NBA PG with above average speed. When he faces tougher defensive front courts we will see Amar'e get shut down. If Gallo and Tony D don't get hot then we are shit out of luck.

I was much more impressed by Tony D. That kid played with fire, shot the lights out, and made his team mates better with his play. He had a career game last night, and i hope that we can see more of this from him this year. He developed well last season and looks like he is ready this year to break out.

Chandler did the intangibles last night. It wasn't a great game for him offensively, but he played good defense and hustled for some offensive boards. He can not have the green light for the three ball yet. that is something he has to work on in the offseason. If he did add that to the repitoire i think we have a very good player on our hands.

Mozgov was lost on the court, but i don't think it was really his fault. You can't give a 7'1 rookie the ball at the top of the arc. twice. resulting in two turnovers and 4 points for the bulls, then yank him. That is terrible for his confidence and won't help you win any games. Feed it to him in the low post off a pick n roll, or run two picks, one for amare, then one for mozgov, and have him finish. He needs to increase his confidence and his minutes if we are going to have any chance of using him effectively as we battle for play off position.

Still a good game for us and a big win. If the knicks can build off of this then i think we can win a few in a row starting right now.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Haterz? He was playing like sh*t and was getting called on it. Period.

How about he extend that play a few games before you start pre-ejaculating in your pants.

Well there are Gallo haters and then there are those like me who are fans but began to seriously doubt him due to his play. I agree this is just one game but he was crucial considering Amare looked like crap and this is the type of performance that can restore his confidence. I think this will be a very solid year for Gallo and he will continue to get better as the season progresses.

Think how deadly this team is when ALL cylinders are firing! We dropped 120+ while Chandler and Amare were stinking it up on the offensive end.