Knicks @ Bulls GT - Nov 4

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Think how deadly this team is when ALL cylinders are firing! We dropped 120+ while Chandler and Amare were stinking it up on the offensive end.

You're right. This team can be very good if it all comes together.

And just imagine when Azubuike comes back 100% (around X-Mas time). Having Fields, Douglas, Chandler and Turiaf off the bench will be great. Add to that when Randolph carves out his niche and gains confidence.

Our depth is going to win a lot of games and I gaurantee a team like Boston will not want to see us in the first round of the playoffs if everything is clicking by the end of the season.

nyk_nyk

All Star
I love that they won, BUT what they did last night will not carry over game to game. They need to figure out how to win without relying on the 3. Amare was dreadful and I'm concerned about his lack of court awareness. He turns the ball over way too much and if not for the 3 pt barrage, we might not have won that game. Nearly all his turnovers resulted in a CHI basket. I'm sure he'll get better but being that we don't have that consistent 2nd option its a bit concerning.

What Kerr said about Amare was right. He's a finisher and not a creator. He needs the ball going to the basket or in a good spot near it to be most effective. Right now we're seeing him try to create too much and he looks uncomfortable. Teams are zoning in on him and he has to take what's given to him instead of putting his head down and charging forward. If the rest of the guys continue playing well then things should open up for him a bit more.

Hittin 70% of 3s is great but that's not the way to win consistently. Real ballers will understand that.

I can hear Dantoni now: "See, the 3pt shot works" "ok guy's keep shooting" = Inconsistent

iJoe

Rotation player
Yep, don't forget that the Bulls are considered a great defensive team that is coached by the premier defensive mind. 120 points is no easy feat on them.

My main worry is that when the 3 ball isn't falling our entire offense runs flat. We need more failsafe options than letting Amare chuck the ball from above the foul line.

That said... if we can keep hustling and creating TOs that lead to fast breaks, we can still be a nightmare to defend. Considering its only been 4 games for an entirely new squad, its not bad at all.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
BTW, I wonder what all the Thibodeausexuals crying that the Knicks didn't fire D'ant and hire him thought about his decsion to leave Rose and Noah on the bench for so long in the 4th...

Oldtimer

Rotation player
This Weekend

The two games this weekend are very important. Last night's game was great, but we cannot count on 16 for 24 three point shooting on a consistent basis. Hoefully Gallo's first three games were the aberrations and not last night's game. He only scored three points in the second half, but that is not bad because he did not force things. Douglas and Felton were also terrific.

TheWizards can be tough, but we should be able to handle Philadelphia. I am looking for two wins.

p0nder

Starter
agreed old man. these are two must win games for the knicks. particularly their home game is an important one to start setting the tone at the garden. Hopefully this game's energy carries over and they'll be excited to play again. Amar'e MUST be better then this game, so i think it'll be a fun weekend fr knicks fans!

Speak3asy

Benchwarmer
I am not hating on Amare...I'm a fan. I am just concerned about what I have seen so far. I think my concerns are more with how the offense is running via Amare and Felton more than Amare as a player himself. I think these turnovers and loss of production have to do with where and when he is getting the ball. I think Felton is a good PG but so far he has not gotten Amare the ball where he needs it so that Amare can just finish. I observed this in the very first preseason game and created an entire thread about it so lets not pretend it's just 4 games. I hope that Felton and Amare can get into a grove and devlop some ESP or that Amare can effectively adjust his game to that of a creator instead of just a finisher.

I think they just need more time together and Felton needs more time in the system. For Feltons NBA career he was in an offense that didn't allow for the creativity run and gun that the Knicks do. He still has to settle in and with all the trade rumors and people coming and going it is probably hard for the team to stay focused.

I said last week I was unsure of Gallo's playing and he needed to go and I think he may be a piece in some sort of deal down the road, but I have been adamant about this team being a solid 7th or 8th seed team and I think this kind of performance just reaffirms what I have been thinking and saying.

I think as the season goes on and the team really starts to create an identity around who we are and what we do best, things will get better. I mean like Amare had said, we only lost to Portland and Boston by a couple of points and if we had kept focused we could have easily won those games. Things are looking bright and we will have losses along the way, but I still believe we are playoff material.

CoolClyde

the power of three

I love that they won, BUT what they did last night will not carry over game to game. They need to figure out how to win without relying on the 3. Amare was dreadful and I'm concerned about his lack of court awareness. He turns the ball over way too much and if not for the 3 pt barrage, we might not have won that game. Nearly all his turnovers resulted in a CHI basket. I'm sure he'll get better but being that we don't have that consistent 2nd option its a bit concerning. What Kerr said about Amare was right. He's a finisher and not a creator. He needs the ball going to the basket or in a good spot near it to be most effective. Right now we're seeing him try to create too much and he looks uncomfortable. Teams are zoning in on him and he has to take what's given to him instead of putting his head down and charging forward. If the rest of the guys continue playing well then things should open up for him a bit more. Hittin 70% of 3s is great but that's not the way to win consistently. Real ballers will understand that. I can hear Dantoni now: "See, the 3pt shot works" "ok guy's keep shooting" = Inconsistent

totally :agreed: we're lucky Gallo, TD and Feltip were lights out tonite, or this could've been a big loss. however, it makes sense that 1 out of every 4 games Gallipoli will have a great night. Tony "Chill" Douglas is becoming a great player, before you know it, our entire bench will be 20+ point players who will provide that spark when Gallipino's NOT hitting. Notice the cock did NOT put greasy kid stuff in his hair last night... just saying...

STUD just HAS to stop charging ahead into double coverage, he's becoming turnover city.

Good game for Feltip and Tuffiaf, both coming into their own.
Moscow disappeared once again... wtf?
I like Laundry Folds again, but Shitstache seemed to bench him for quite awhile, letting godson go wild... ok for this game.
Amazing debut by Ant Rando... NOT!

All in all, a good game, let's see some consistency and I'll be satisfied... thus far.
:gony: