View Poll Results: With such (successful) use of depth, what to do with Azubuike? Are we TOO deep?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Trade for a pick

1 5.56%
  • Let him earn some minutes and then decide

11 61.11%
  • Let him take the starting 2 from Fields

4 22.22%
  • Equal playing time at the 2 with Douglas

1 5.56%
  • I'm baffled

0 0%
  • The Gov is cool

1 5.56%

Thread: Azubuike Poll

Default Azubuike Poll

What to do?

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

i say we give him some burn, he could only help us. i mean the defense and 3 point shot he brings would only benefit us. hope him the best when he comes back

Originally Posted by Crazy8s
    What to do?
    It depends where we are when he is healthy, but the bottom line is he has a right to earn his place in the line up and prove himself in practice.

The more successful we are over time, the harder it will be for him to crack the starting line up, but he will get minutes if he's nice.

Add another positive to the list, that being depth and the ability to go with the hot hand(s) night after night with no real drop off. Good problems to have.

It depends on how he comes back. If he is at the level he was at just before he got injured, then it's a no brainer....he is the starting SG. He's a really good player and can bring better defense and shooting than Fields. Just another player to spread the floor and pester opposing guards.

Fields or Walker would be losing minutes. Which one? I like how both of them are playing and both can be very good contributors off the bench.

Plus, we don't trade him unless Melo signs an extension somewhere. His expiring contract is how we can afford to sign Melo next year.

If he comes back and plays like he did last year then i would say start him and have Douglas back up both Felton and Azuibuike. Either walker or fields would be like a 4th option, or maybe they can get occasional minutes at SF

Can't trade him like that coming off an injury, unless you want to give him away. We need to see if he fits in and how his game is. He used to be really good offensively and another good defender...I would get rid of Rautins before him if he's what he used to be before the injury

Veteran

Plenty of time to decide. This ain't like the old days when a guy made a couple of hundred thousand a season and you semi-forced guys to play injured to help the team. Nowadays, players make millions on guaranteed multi-year contracts so teams wait until players are completely healed. When Az comes back he'll be rusty but he should be 100% physically. How much he plays when he comes back will depend on how well the team is playing, if we can keep up this shooting we will be way over .500 and D'antoni won't want to mess with the chemistry.

Let him earn his spot. He has the talent to contend for the starting job but if all things keep going well with Fields, can't see him getting in.

Keep him. Lord knows people will get tired in our style of play so we need depth. He is a good solid player who can knock down the three. Not only that, but he has good athleticism and can d up. Who would we trade him for if we are deep as is? I mean its not like were going to get someone who is going to be a star at the two for him. Another role player maybe, but we have enough of those.

Unfortunatly, the previous injury has effected his skillset but if he comes back ready to go then that would be really great for us. Watching plays and highlights from him, yuo can see that he is a good player and contriubter if he hopefully, is ready from injury and comes back in strong percent. Once and if he does that, then he could be the starting SG. However, i dont know if i want to reaplace Fields in the starting lineup becaiuse i just love the way he plays.