Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 46

Thread: Gallo is STILL the key.

  1. #1
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Gallo is STILL the key.

    If we are going to be a good team Danilo Gallinari is still the key. This team was basically an average or bad Chandler performance away from losing in an awful fashion against both Portland and the Celtics. Can you honestly expect Chandler to keep playing out of his mind like this?? The answer is, you'd be stupid to.

    Danilo Gallinari is still the key. We need his 16- 19 ppg. If we got that kind of output from him we wouldn't need Chandler to compensate and we might be 3- 0.

    Gallo is still the kind of player we need down the stretch in games. He can make the big three and shoot teams out of the zone. He can also find teammates on forays to the hoop. This man has what we need. He is the starter. When his wrist gets better hopefully he'll snap out of his funk and play like we kno he can.

    This combo of Amare next to Gallo on the frontline is boss in the making. It could be very successful. Amare can use Gallo to kick to when he's doubled and Amare can also use Gallo off the pick and roll when G brings the up the court occasionally. Those two could do damage in the p & r if given the opportunity. I envision Gallo running it smartly and effectively.

    It's been really frustrating to watch the Knicks struggle w/out his contributions, especially late in the last two games. Everytime Chandler or somebody else fired a brick in the 4th I found myself saying "damn that was Gallo's shot". Cause I kno that when he's right he has THE BEST CHANCE ON OUR TEAM TO KNOCK THEM DOWN! His wrist must really be sore. He just doesn't shoot like this. Trust.

    We've watched Chandler go nuts only to end up an L at the close of the last two games. WHAT WE NEED, is Gallo to do what he CAN do and for Chandler to come off the bench and get his 10- 14 ppg while playing the solid D he's known for by us NY fans. This is a WINNING formula combined w what Amare and Felton can do. Anything we get from Fields and Moz is icing.

    When he's right, Gallo needs to step it up and compliment Amare like he can.
    Last edited by ronoranina; Nov 01, 2010 at 22:21.

  2. #2
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,487
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    He's only going to be a key contributor if he plays the right game. We don't need him stagnating ball movement at the start of games. The fundamental triple threat has been lost on Gallo. He's not even a single threat ATM.

    He looks slower, less confident and worse on defence this year. That's a lot to work on. Never mind, obviously, his rude shooting and shot selection.

    Give him one more week, and if he hasn't brought himself back, he's not worth the experimentation. One and a half years of that is enough. I doubt any other coach would put up with a starter coming in to the season so out of sync.

    I agree that we need his contribution. Right now, however, I'm more looking forward to AR coming back than holding out any hope for Gallo who lost his game in an absentee off-season.

    I don't think that's unreasonable.

  3. #3
    SWAGABURY KingStarbury3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chinabury
    Posts
    3,313
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    And heres the key to the door....and whats behind door number 1?































































































  4. #4
    Veteran quiggle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    1,246
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    you see a well rounded overall player would say to himself, okay so my wrist is banged up a bit and might affect my scoring but let me see what other ways I can contribute. pass the ball better, rebound, hustle and other intangibles but Gallo doesn't have the fortitude to do any of those things because he would say his back would blow out again. if it wasn't for D'Antoni he would be Eric Anderson material on the bench.

  5. #5
    Hannibal Lecter TR1LL10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dark side of the Moon
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    The premise of this thread is sound. Anyone who does not think that one of our players production doesn't matter is a fool blinded by **** hate. If not to help us win games his production is directly tied to his trade value and the potential ability to snag another star like Melo. Either way you slice it the Knicks will benefit from Gallo playing well.

  6. #6
    Superstar KnicksWillRiseAgain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,164
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by ronoranina
    If we are going to be a good team Danilo Gallinari is still the key. This team was basically an average or bad Chandler performance away from losing in an awful fashion against both Portland and the Celtics. Can you honestly expect Chandler to keep playing out of his mind like this?? The answer is, you'd be stupid to.

    Danilo Gallinari is still the key. We need his 16- 19 ppg. If we got that kind of output from him we wouldn't need Chandler to compensate and we might be 3- 0.

    Gallo is still the kind of player we need down the stretch in games. He can make the big three and shoot teams out of the zone. He can also find teammates on forays to the hoop. This man has what we need. He is the starter. When his wrist gets better hopefully he'll snap out of his funk and play like we kno he can.

    This combo of Amare next to Gallo on the frontline is boss in the making. It could be very successful. Amare can use Gallo to kick to when he's doubled and Amare can also use Gallo off the pick and roll when G brings the up the court occasionally. Those two could do damage in the p & r if given the opportunity. I envision Gallo running it smartly and effectively.

    It's been really frustrating to watch the Knicks struggle w/out his contributions, especially late in the last two games. Everytime Chandler or somebody else fired a brick in the 4th I found myself saying "damn that was Gallo's shot". Cause I kno that when he's right he has THE BEST CHANCE ON OUR TEAM TO KNOCK THEM DOWN! His wrist must really be sore. He just doesn't shoot like this. Trust.

    We've watched Chandler go nuts only to end up an L at the close of the last two games. WHAT WE NEED, is Gallo to do what he CAN do and for Chandler to come off the bench and get his 10- 14 ppg while playing the solid D he's known for by us NY fans. This is a WINNING formula combined w what Amare and Felton can do. Anything we get from Fields and Moz is icing.

    When he's right, Gallo needs to step it up and compliment Amare like he can.
    True.

    Chandler has been puttin up Legend numbers. what is it like 24ppg, 4bpg, 12 rebs???? Thats INSANE! If Chandler were to play like that all season he would be the MVP! 4 blocks per game and hes a SF! 12 rebounds! 24 ppg, all off the bench! its Insanity!

    and if Gallo doesnt step up hes going to be shipped off to Denver! get your head in the ****in game!

  7. #7
    Moderator
    CoolClyde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Bronx
    Posts
    2,476
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally Posted by quiggle
    you see a well rounded overall player would say to himself, okay so my wrist is banged up a bit and might affect my scoring but let me see what other ways I can contribute. pass the ball better, rebound, hustle and other intangibles....
    well said squiggles, it would be nice to see some **** blocks joining this knickerblocking squad...

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,053
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by quiggle
    you see a well rounded overall player would say to himself, okay so my wrist is banged up a bit and might affect my scoring but let me see what other ways I can contribute. pass the ball better, rebound, hustle and other intangibles but Gallo doesn't have the fortitude to do any of those things because he would say his back would blow out again. if it wasn't for D'Antoni he would be Eric Anderson material on the bench.
    Exactly. The last time we had a #8 on the court to my recollection was Spree. I loved Spree because if his jumper wasn't falling, he would find other ways to contribute ie. play some d, get a steal, a board, get to the rack or the charity stripe.....

    But Gallo can't or refuses to do any of that. I guess its that sense of entitlement that comes with being the coaches godson. Anyone who has played a team sport at any level has experience with this. A kid that shouldn't on a team or gets to start over better players because of nepotism.

    This is the bottomline: Would the Knicks be better with Gallo playing better??? Of course. CAN HE is the question. Its should be obvious now that Gallo did NOTHING to improve his game over the summer. Just because Gallo is European(white), doesn't mean you automatically have a work ethic. Chattel slavery in this country tells you that. And why work on your game when your Godfather is gonna give you the start anyway??? See that's the rub. I will leave it to the ****LOVERS to solve this obvious PARADOX. Those of us who never wanted **** in our lives and on OUR TEAM in the first place will sit and watch the CHICKENS come home to ROOST. And I put that ON CHIEF!!! ( Still sipping kool-aid....Rebuilding is possible....)

  9. #9
    Superstar KnicksWillRiseAgain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,164
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by CoolClyde
    well said squiggles, it would be nice to see some **** blocks joining this knickerblocking squad...
    Thats like porno Walt Frazier! LMFAO

    But yeah, thats one of the reasons I have lost faith in Gallo. If he knows he cant shoot, drive to the hoop! The other team thinks you can shoot so give em a few punk fakes and drive!

  10. #10
    Veteran StEpHoN_mArBuRy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Queenz
    Posts
    3,086
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    And the one time he did drive to the hoop in our last game it was some awkward ugly looking ****..

  11. #11
    Superstar KnicksWillRiseAgain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    1,164
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    And the one time he did drive to the hoop in our last game it was some awkward ugly looking ****..
    LOL, He was like...Pump fake...Drive!

    Oh here i go!

    (Hes running in the paint super slow)

    (Gets in the paint, falls down)

    FAIL

  12. #12
    Veteran StEpHoN_mArBuRy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Queenz
    Posts
    3,086
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    ^^ LMAO! Yeah. looked like a glitch off of that game NBA Delete 11

  13. #13
    Member BleedOrange&Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    354
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Gallo certainly can contribute, the question is does he know how? I have to agree with quiggle even after i just blasted him on another thread....lol the **** needs to quit dicking around on the 3 point line and look for other ways to stay on the floor. I question whether or not he actually knows how to play like a big man (set screens, rebound, play help defense.) Even if he misses a couple of shots early if he can contribute in other ways to stay on the floor the game will eventually come to him and hopefully he ill be able to make a couple of zone busting 3s in the 4th quarter when it actually matters. As good as Chandler is he is not much of a threat from distance and he can easily be taken out of the game as we saw against Portland when Amare and Wilson were both shut down. As much as I don't like Gallo right now I cant bare the thought of playing Roger Mason, Bill Walker or any other one dimensional bench players during the fourth. Ideally i want If I need a basket late in the game I want

    Felton
    Fields
    Gallo
    Chandler
    Amare

    All proven scorers who have the ability to make big shots. Oh and you can forget getting Melo this season if Gallo and Randolph continue to disappoint. Waiting on Melo could prove disaster as the impending CBA negotiations as well as other factors may change Melo's mind.

    Denver looks real good right now and while this may sound impossible If Denver were somehow able to acquire Chris Paul both of those unhappy superstars could join forces and contend for a title with the Lakers, while the Knicks wallow in mediocrity. While Improbable a scenario like this is not impossible.

    Thats why as frustrating as it is to watch Gallo start every game D'antoni knows that Gallo's fragile confidence must be taken into account and that his improvement is the key to Knicks winning now as well as being able to get Melo to come over.

  14. #14
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by ronoranina
    If we are going to be a good team Danilo Gallinari is still the key. This team was basically an average or bad Chandler performance away from losing in an awful fashion against both Portland and the Celtics. Can you honestly expect Chandler to keep playing out of his mind like this?? The answer is, you'd be stupid to.

    Danilo Gallinari is still the key. We need his 16- 19 ppg. If we got that kind of output from him we wouldn't need Chandler to compensate and we might be 3- 0.

    Gallo is still the kind of player we need down the stretch in games. He can make the big three and shoot teams out of the zone. He can also find teammates on forays to the hoop. This man has what we need. He is the starter. When his wrist gets better hopefully he'll snap out of his funk and play like we kno he can.

    This combo of Amare next to Gallo on the frontline is boss in the making. It could be very successful. Amare can use Gallo to kick to when he's doubled and Amare can also use Gallo off the pick and roll when G brings the up the court occasionally. Those two could do damage in the p & r if given the opportunity. I envision Gallo running it smartly and effectively.

    It's been really frustrating to watch the Knicks struggle w/out his contributions, especially late in the last two games. Everytime Chandler or somebody else fired a brick in the 4th I found myself saying "damn that was Gallo's shot". Cause I kno that when he's right he has THE BEST CHANCE ON OUR TEAM TO KNOCK THEM DOWN! His wrist must really be sore. He just doesn't shoot like this. Trust.

    We've watched Chandler go nuts only to end up an L at the close of the last two games. WHAT WE NEED, is Gallo to do what he CAN do and for Chandler to come off the bench and get his 10- 14 ppg while playing the solid D he's known for by us NY fans. This is a WINNING formula combined w what Amare and Felton can do. Anything we get from Fields and Moz is icing.

    When he's right, Gallo needs to step it up and compliment Amare like he can.
    Gallo will also settle and shoot a 3 when not needed. Late in games this is killer if your not careful. Every low percentage missed 3 in crunch time is an extra possession for the opposition.

    Gallo's wrist is fine, as stated by Dantoni himself. (why does everyone keep making excuses for this guy????)

    Gallo needs to do more than camp on the 3 pt line if he wants to benefit from doubles in the post. Mid-range shots are more efficient.

    There is no way Gallo is running the P&R smartly or effectively. He can barely get himself to the basket.

  15. #15
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Gallo will also settle and shoot a 3 when not needed. Late in games this is killer if your not careful. Every low percentage missed 3 in crunch time is an extra possession for the opposition.

    Gallo's wrist is fine, as stated by Dantoni himself. (why does everyone keep making excuses for this guy????)

    Gallo needs to do more than camp on the 3 pt line if he wants to benefit from doubles in the post. Mid-range shots are more efficient.

    There is no way Gallo is running the P&R smartly or effectively. He can barely get himself to the basket.
    Gallo has said his wrist is sore. Coach is just downplaying the injury. I'll trust the guy that's actually saying he's injured in this case. You can do what you want.

    As for his shooting, Gallo is a very accurate volume 3pt shooter. The reason he camps on the line is because when he shoots there's a good chance it will go in, the best on our team infact.

    He is our best shooter from deep and he has the best chance of getting hot and knocking down 6 or 7 in a row. This is why he takes a lot of threes. Personally, I'm usually surprised when he DOESN'T make an attempt from 3 pt range. I expect his shots to go in.

    When you have a shooter you let him shoot. Plain and simple. I like Gallo shooting from 3, in the post, from mid range, inside. His stroke (no pun intended) is that good. He simply needs to get up as many shots as he can in my book. I personally don't even need,him to drive that much. I think he can and, thus shouldn't limit himself, but as long as he takes a variety of shots from different ranges (especially 3s) as far as I'm concerned, it will be to the benefit of the team.

    On mindset, Gallo I think, usually feels more comfortable establishing what he does best first in games. If he knocks one down it sets up the rest of his game as he can then utilize the pumpfake if someone is close-up on him, or just drive around a guy that's out of position and closing hard.

    Again Gallo is a shooter w a good dribble-drive game that he doesn't like as much as his shot. I'm not really mad, at him for this cause I feel he should do what he does best. When he finally gets comfy in the league look for a varied and efficient arsenal of ways for him to get off his shot; most important IMO is in the post, where he can take advantage of smaller players and drive by guys w comparable height. That's where he will really benefit and take off. Unfortunately we haven't gotten to see too many of Gallo's intentions and methods for getting off shots so far. I hope we get to soon. We will eventually. Go Knicks!

    Oh and I think he can run the pick and roll. Admittedly, I have not to much to base that on. Idk it's just a hunch. If you don't agree that's fine.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 20
    Last Post: Jul 17, 2010, 21:10
  2. Replies: 12
    Last Post: Jun 29, 2010, 17:28
  3. Gallo and Curry:Are The Two Knicks only Untouchables!
    By New New York in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Dec 24, 2009, 18:43
  4. We should keep Hughes
    By Paul1355 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: Dec 21, 2009, 06:53
  5. Replies: 15
    Last Post: Dec 03, 2009, 21:57

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •