Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reality Check - Eastern Conference

Default Reality Check - Eastern Conference

I know that 5-6 games are not the season. Many things could change, but let's have a look to the eastern conference standings.

I think that Atlanta-Boston-Orlando and Miami are out of reach.
    Is it realistic point to the 5th position ?
    Chi-Ind-Cle-Nj and Mil are not better than knicks.

Atlanta 6 0 1.000
    Boston 5 1 0.833
    Orlando 3 1 0.750
    Miami 4 2 0.667
    New York 3 2 0.600
    Chicago 2 3 0.400
    Indiana 2 3 0.400
    Cleveland 2 3 0.400
    New Jersey 2 3 0.400
    Milwaukee 2 4 0.333
    Washington 1 3 0.250
    Toronto 1 4 0.200
    Charlotte 1 4 0.200
    Detroit 1 5 0.167
    Philadelphia 1 5 0.167

I think we have a great shot at the 5th spot.

I wanna see how the Bulls perform once Boozer gets back, but overall I agree with your sentiments. Alot of teams were being a tid bit overrated while the Knicks were being vastly underrated. Feels good to get off to this great start so far. I have supreme confidence it will only continue, PLAYOFFS HERE WE COME!

Originally Posted by Hitman
    I think we have a great shot at the 5th spot.
    my east scenario would look like this:

1.Miami
    2.Boston
    3.Orlando
    4.Atlanta
    5.Chicago
    6.New York
    7.Milwaukee
    8.Indiana

6th is a very real possiblity. Even a pessimist would have to say we can reach 7/8th without question.
    Last edited by supercelo24; Nov 06, 2010 at 14:31.

Although I am skeptical, you've got to love the Knicks' hustle. It is the most fun I've had watching the Knicks in about four years.

The Bulls will be a better team than the Knicks when Boozer returns. Indiana and Milwaukee should not be better than the Knicks. Philadelphia is in the unfortunate position of having Doug Collins as its coach. Toronto sucks, but could be better with hustle and cohesion. Detroit has a lot of talent but clearly some internal relationship problems that are holding them back. Can Kuester coach? New Jersey will improve -- pray they do not get Melo. Milwaukee is in danger of being the victim of Jenning's sophomore slump. Bobcats? I don't know. Brown has one foot in and the rest of his body out. Players can sense that. But don't count out Jordan's influence and competitive drive to make this team a contender.

So, for now, I see the Knicks fighting for 6-7. Persistent hustle and a healthy Stoudemire can take us a long way.

Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood

the way were playing and the upcoming stretch we have coming up is looking real good. we could compete for a top-5 spot realistically. i mean yes the bulls have a better team and we beat them without their second best player( another all star talent ) but at the end of the day its about how the team meshes and their losing time for Rose and Boozer to get chemistry by the time they do it could be march so in that stretch we could really put together a nice record and honestly after watching the game against Boston portland and the bulls we really could play with these guys its going to come down to finishing out the close games ( i,.e Portland ) and winning the must win games ( like the washingtons and 76ers. ) if we could do that and once Amar'e gets rolling we could be a dangerous team

If we have a healthy season, then 5-6th will work. Be nice to just get into the playoffs and make some noise. Melo will be licking his chops if we did

New York > Atlanta Hawks

i think the knicks could get around 5-7, but closer to 6-7 and dont forget the hawks like havent lost a game.

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by kukoc7
    I know that 5-6 games are not the season. Many things could change, but let's have a look to the eastern conference standings.

I think that Atlanta-Boston-Orlando and Miami are out of reach.
    Is it realistic point to the 5th position ?
    Chi-Ind-Cle-Nj and Mil are not better than knicks.
    Yes they are. The Bulls only lost to the Knicks, because they didn't have Carlos Boozer.

The Nets are better than the Knicks at the center, point guard, and shooting guard position. They're better.

The Cavs are better, as sad as it sounds.

The Bucks have a better center and point guard than the Knicks. They're better.

The Pacers have a better center, small forward, and shooting guard than the Knicks.

The Knicks aren't going to the playoffs, but they will win 30-35 games this year.

If they can get 34 or 35 wins, it'll be their most wins since 2004.

Originally Posted by abcd
    Yes they are. The Bulls only lost to the Knicks, because they didn't have Carlos Boozer.

The Nets are better than the Knicks at the center, point guard, and shooting guard position. They're better.

The Pacers have a better center, small forward, and shooting guard than the Knicks.

The Knicks aren't going to the playoffs, but they will win 30-35 games this year.
    I think this is the worst case.
    But all these teams are so close each other that you can be 6th or 10th in a moment.
    Let's see what happen...

We're better then the Bucks, Bulls, and Hawks?

I dont think the bulls will have any problem finishin ahead of us, same with the Hawks. The Bucks are the only team there you can make a small argument for, but I doubt it

Originally Posted by abcd

If they can get 34 or 35 wins, it'll be their most wins since 2004.
    LOL

Spots 6 through 10 are all possible really.

Veteran

LOL @ Pacers > Knicks

I think 7th is a reasonable expectation, with 6th being stretching it and missing the playoffs at 10th being pretty disastrous.

The Bulls will be better with Boozer, but how much better? Taj Gibson has played really well for them at PF and Boozer is MUCH worse than Gibson on defense...are we sure that swapping them out is really going to go well for the Bulls? Let's be honest, Boozer is a good rebounder and scorer and he has a good shooting touch and post game but man the guy SUCKS on defense...

I think 7th is a reasonable expectation. Can't expect too much from this squad.