Reality Check - Eastern Conference

kukoc7

Benchwarmer
I know that 5-6 games are not the season. Many things could change, but let's have a look to the eastern conference standings.

I think that Atlanta-Boston-Orlando and Miami are out of reach.
Is it realistic point to the 5th position ?
Chi-Ind-Cle-Nj and Mil are not better than knicks.

Atlanta 6 0 1.000
Boston 5 1 0.833
Orlando 3 1 0.750
Miami 4 2 0.667
New York 3 2 0.600
Chicago 2 3 0.400
Indiana 2 3 0.400
Cleveland 2 3 0.400
New Jersey 2 3 0.400
Milwaukee 2 4 0.333
Washington 1 3 0.250
Toronto 1 4 0.200
Charlotte 1 4 0.200
Detroit 1 5 0.167
Philadelphia 1 5 0.167

I wanna see how the Bulls perform once Boozer gets back, but overall I agree with your sentiments. Alot of teams were being a tid bit overrated while the Knicks were being vastly underrated. Feels good to get off to this great start so far. I have supreme confidence it will only continue, PLAYOFFS HERE WE COME!

supercelo24

Rookie
I think we have a great shot at the 5th spot.

my east scenario would look like this:

1.Miami
2.Boston
3.Orlando
4.Atlanta
5.Chicago
6.New York
7.Milwaukee
8.Indiana

6th is a very real possiblity. Even a pessimist would have to say we can reach 7/8th without question.

Last edited:
Although I am skeptical, you've got to love the Knicks' hustle. It is the most fun I've had watching the Knicks in about four years.

The Bulls will be a better team than the Knicks when Boozer returns. Indiana and Milwaukee should not be better than the Knicks. Philadelphia is in the unfortunate position of having Doug Collins as its coach. Toronto sucks, but could be better with hustle and cohesion. Detroit has a lot of talent but clearly some internal relationship problems that are holding them back. Can Kuester coach? New Jersey will improve -- pray they do not get Melo. Milwaukee is in danger of being the victim of Jenning's sophomore slump. Bobcats? I don't know. Brown has one foot in and the rest of his body out. Players can sense that. But don't count out Jordan's influence and competitive drive to make this team a contender.

So, for now, I see the Knicks fighting for 6-7. Persistent hustle and a healthy Stoudemire can take us a long way.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
the way were playing and the upcoming stretch we have coming up is looking real good. we could compete for a top-5 spot realistically. i mean yes the bulls have a better team and we beat them without their second best player( another all star talent ) but at the end of the day its about how the team meshes and their losing time for Rose and Boozer to get chemistry by the time they do it could be march so in that stretch we could really put together a nice record and honestly after watching the game against Boston portland and the bulls we really could play with these guys its going to come down to finishing out the close games ( i,.e Portland ) and winning the must win games ( like the washingtons and 76ers. ) if we could do that and once Amar'e gets rolling we could be a dangerous team

petescud

Starter
If we have a healthy season, then 5-6th will work. Be nice to just get into the playoffs and make some noise. Melo will be licking his chops if we did

elcol

Rotation player
i think the knicks could get around 5-7, but closer to 6-7 and dont forget the hawks like havent lost a game.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I know that 5-6 games are not the season. Many things could change, but let's have a look to the eastern conference standings.

I think that Atlanta-Boston-Orlando and Miami are out of reach.
Is it realistic point to the 5th position ?
Chi-Ind-Cle-Nj and Mil are not better than knicks.

Yes they are. The Bulls only lost to the Knicks, because they didn't have Carlos Boozer.

The Nets are better than the Knicks at the center, point guard, and shooting guard position. They're better.

The Cavs are better, as sad as it sounds.

The Bucks have a better center and point guard than the Knicks. They're better.

The Pacers have a better center, small forward, and shooting guard than the Knicks.

The Knicks aren't going to the playoffs, but they will win 30-35 games this year.

If they can get 34 or 35 wins, it'll be their most wins since 2004.

kukoc7

Benchwarmer
Yes they are. The Bulls only lost to the Knicks, because they didn't have Carlos Boozer.

The Nets are better than the Knicks at the center, point guard, and shooting guard position. They're better.

The Pacers have a better center, small forward, and shooting guard than the Knicks.

The Knicks aren't going to the playoffs, but they will win 30-35 games this year.

I think this is the worst case.
But all these teams are so close each other that you can be 6th or 10th in a moment.
Let's see what happen...

KingCharles34

All Star
We're better then the Bucks, Bulls, and Hawks? :confused:

I dont think the bulls will have any problem finishin ahead of us, same with the Hawks. The Bucks are the only team there you can make a small argument for, but I doubt it

LOL

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
LOL @ Pacers > Knicks

I think 7th is a reasonable expectation, with 6th being stretching it and missing the playoffs at 10th being pretty disastrous.

The Bulls will be better with Boozer, but how much better? Taj Gibson has played really well for them at PF and Boozer is MUCH worse than Gibson on defense...are we sure that swapping them out is really going to go well for the Bulls? Let's be honest, Boozer is a good rebounder and scorer and he has a good shooting touch and post game but man the guy SUCKS on defense...

I think 7th is a reasonable expectation. Can't expect too much from this squad.

keyser soze

Benchwarmer

Pacers!?!?!? :wtf:

KBlack25

Starter
Pacers!?!?!? :wtf:

I think the Pacers are good. Look at the numbers Hibbert is putting up. He is in shape, he fixed or is help treating his asthma, he worked closely with Walton. Pacers are better than they get credit for.

I don't think the Nets, Cavs or Bucks are better though, honestly.

metrocard

Legend
Collison and Felton are equal, Collison has more potential.

Jones sucks.
Granger is good, but I feel like Gallo can reach his level...

Hansborough is ass.

Hibbert is a BEAST.

but Knicks > Pacers overall.
and no way in hell Knicks > Hawks.

Hawks could be the best team in the East if they get a PG.

I can see the knicks fighting for the 6th spot i think with the knicks i think are and should be better than the Bucks, Pacers, Cavs, and Nets. Chi bulls i think are a better team and we beat them last time because Carlos Boozer didnt play. However, i can the knicks and Bulls fighting for the 5th spot as the Atl. Hawks, Orl Magic, Miami, and Boston i think are locks for the 1-4 spot. I think the bulls will eventually beat out the knicks for the 5th spot once Carlos Boozer gets back into full throttle shape. So yeah i see the realistic goal for the knicks is possibly the 6th spot- 7th spot with the Bulls eventually gaining the 5th spot in the Eastern conference. over the knicks. The bulls are a much better with the Pg, C. The PF position betwen the bulls and knicks is a good matchup but i think Amare is better than Boozer. I see Gallo as the imprtant key more than Chandler for the success of the team for us to gain a higher not in the EC spot because we need to see him incorporate other aspects other than jumpshot canniness. If Gallo`s three point shots are not faliing, then that this is a disadvantage and problem for us because Will chandler along with Amare cannot all do it by themselves in carrying the load of the team. Thats why i think Gallo is very important for the tea, to be better. So yeah i see the knicks in the 6th spot or even probably worse the 7th spot, which i hope not but i think probably wont happen. The Hawks are much better team than the Knicka with J. Johnson leading the way. We should be a much better team agisnt the nets, pacers, bucks,and sixers but in which the knicks should not have lost with the sixers winning. The positions that the knicks have a clear disadvantage compared to other teams is de. the center, SG position. The PF position is clearly the area where the knicks have a huge advantage and plus compared to the other teams in the EC. The Pg is much better than the prevous yrs. espeically with the subtraction of chirs duhon as a starter. If Buike can have a soild and effective starting performace when he comes back then that would be better and great for the team. Hopefully he comes back ready to go because watching highlights of Buike if not for the previous injury, I think he can be a key contributer for the team becuase you can see that he does have the talent to be a solid contributer to a team. Im not asking him to be great, but just to be make key contributions. I think randolph is still developing and adjusting his raw skills being only 21 yrs. old because you can see that he makes questiobale plays in the game. The bobcats, Toronto and detroit most defenitly i think are in the bottom of the Ec conference. Det. internal and chemistry problems unfortuantely is hinndering and affecting their play.