Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 66

Thread: This 9 Man Rotation can be a threat, and alot of people don't know it.

  1. #16
    Member BleedOrange&Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    354
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard


    wow.
    I'm telling it like I see it dude. If you want to prove me wrong back it up, there is no BS in that post. "Randolph our best overall player" if anything I was being nice by keeping my mouth shut. But too many people on here kiss your ass and don't call you out on garbage predictions like this one. Its amazing how seemingly your always "right," perhaps its because you on one thread you say I support mike D'Antoni and the next week you say we need to fire him. You were wrong about Chandler, wrong about Marbury and now your wrong about Gallo. But wow, you don't even give me a stat or an observation to contradict my post. Check Mate Loserbury
    Last edited by BleedOrange&Blue; Dec 12, 2010 at 22:28.

  2. #17
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by BleedOrange&Blue
    I'm glad to see Wilson getting some respect on here, dude is our third best player behind two legitimate All-Stars in Ray and STAT.

    What I don;t get is the support for Gallo and Randolph. Gallo is averaging the same numbers this year as he did last year except his shooting has gotten worse not better, so I don;t get where you got the "A" for shooting. Fields, Amare, Felton and Wilson all have higher shooting percentages, he is the worst shooter in our starting lineup. The argument can be made that he has the potential to be a good shooter, but i am not buying that argument when he is regressing. Most of his shots are wide open threes, where as Felton for example is shooting floaters in traffic and pull up jumpers off the dribble. Gallo also isn't fooling anybody with his defense. He has shown the occasional nice block here and there but don't be fooled, he is soft which is why he can't play the 4 like Chandler. So I am going to be absolutely clear, Gallo has not shown me he has what it takes now, nor do i see the potential for him to be good enough in the future. He will serve us better as a trade chip then a player.

    Anthony Randolph is garbage, he has had 21 years to learn how to play ball. Right now he is literally the dumbest player on the team save for maybe Curry. What makes you or anyone else think hes going to grow a basketball I.Q. over the next few seasons? I put his chance of being a serious rotation player at 10% -15% tops. If the Knicks are smart they will hold onto him for a little while until the right offer comes along, otherwise just cash him in for a pick. His stock is not going to go higher I can tell you that.
    I respect your opinions, but it's still too early to say definitively what you said about Gallo.. Again, patience is needed here. This is still a crucial learning time for him imo.

  3. #18
    Member BleedOrange&Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    354
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by ronoranina
    I respect your opinions, but it's still too early to say definitively what you said about Gallo.. Again, patience is needed here. This is still a crucial learning time for him imo.
    I'm calling it now because I just don't see it with him. Statistics and daily observations all point to Gallo just being another guy. I have made the argument that he is regressing this season. How is this team going to win when our three point specialist is streaky at best. If Gallo was an elite shooter that needed to develop skills than hes worth waiting on but thats not the case. Show me one statistic that Gallo leads in. Show me the superior +/- or PER rating that suggests otherwise. I am not making this stuff up, again I call it like I see it and when I turn out to be right I expect my rep points!

  4. #19
    Member keyser soze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    bay area, california
    Posts
    391
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by BleedOrange&Blue
    I'm glad to see Wilson getting some respect on here, dude is our third best player behind two legitimate All-Stars in Ray and STAT.

    What I don;t get is the support for Gallo and Randolph. Gallo is averaging the same numbers this year as he did last year except his shooting has gotten worse not better, so I don;t get where you got the "A" for shooting. Fields, Amare, Felton and Wilson all have higher shooting percentages, he is the worst shooter in our starting lineup. The argument can be made that he has the potential to be a good shooter, but i am not buying that argument when he is regressing. Most of his shots are wide open threes, where as Felton for example is shooting floaters in traffic and pull up jumpers off the dribble. Gallo also isn't fooling anybody with his defense. He has shown the occasional nice block here and there but don't be fooled, he is soft which is why he can't play the 4 like Chandler. So I am going to be absolutely clear, Gallo has not shown me he has what it takes now, nor do i see the potential for him to be good enough in the future. He will serve us better as a trade chip then a player.

    Anthony Randolph is garbage, he has had 21 years to learn how to play ball. Right now he is literally the dumbest player on the team save for maybe Curry. What makes you or anyone else think hes going to grow a basketball I.Q. over the next few seasons? I put his chance of being a serious rotation player at 10% -15% tops. If the Knicks are smart they will hold onto him for a little while until the right offer comes along, otherwise just cash him in for a pick. His stock is not going to go higher I can tell you that.

    Well, there is a difference between shooting a high feild goal percentage and being a great pure shooter. Kobe Bryant, for example, is a terrififc pure shooter, but his FG percentage can sometimes be relatively average because he takes a lot of difficult shots and is a volume shooter/scorer. Gallo is clearly our best pure jump shooter on the team. His range on 3's is virtually unlimited and when he is on a role, he is quite deadly. Put it this way, with the game on the line and the Knicks down by two, if I gave you a choice of one Knick to take an open three for the win, it would have to be Gallo. There is certainly real value there. Also, the guy is a money free throw shooter and is getting better and better at drawing fouls at critical times. Overall though, I completely agree with your assessment that Wilson Chandler is a considerably better all-around player and more valuable to us than Gallo is. And I agree with the rest of your post, wholeheartedly.

  5. #20
    Member BleedOrange&Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    354
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by keyser soze
    Well, there is a difference between shooting a high feild goal percentage and being a great pure shooter. Kobe Bryant, for example, is a terrififc pure shooter, but his FG percentage can sometimes be relatively average because he takes a lot of difficult shots and is a volume shooter/scorer. Gallo is clearly our best pure jump shooter on the team. His range on 3's is virtually unlimited and when he is on a role, he is quite deadly. Put it this way, with the game on the line and the Knicks down by two, if I gave you a choice of one Knick to take an open three for the win, it would have to be Gallo. There is certainly real value there. Also, the guy is a money free throw shooter and is getting better and better at drawing fouls at critical times. Overall though, I completely agree with your assessment that Wilson Chandler is a considerably better all-around player and more valuable to us than Gallo is. And I agree with the rest of your post, wholeheartedly.
    In terms of form Gallo is without a doubt mechanically sound. This is most evident at the free throw line. So I completely agree with you there. I am just trying to make the argument for his inconsistency and inefficiency.

  6. #21
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Gallo sealed off our win over DEN with the beautiful foul that he drew. He did the exact same thing successfully last year, too.

    He is ok at blocks/stls.

    He draws fouls real well all-around. On offense and defense. Which shows he his game and has a quality bball IQ. Which, when we look at him as a flawed player needing to be able to mature his game, bodes well.

    He can get to the line tremendously well and his driving game is elite. So if you're talking about his offense, that must be included, as well as his elite ft%'s.

    His stats are very similar to what they were last year. But he had an absolutely wretched start to the season, and has heated up since over a pretty good margin of games now, and his numbers have risen.

    I will bet that by the end of the season his numbers are better. (Despite while being on a team with additional dominant scorers and shooters (Amare and Felton), and an emerged trust and health in Chandler as a scorer.)

    Last year Gallo was a 1dimensional, 1trick pony player who just had a good shot.

    Now he is the worst shooter on the team. Yet his numbers are consistent despite his start, and his impact on games has never been greater.

    Something isn't consistent. He's a very young player and talent; yet we called him out hard and early and were pessimistic bc he was just a 1trick pony type who couldn't evolve into more, so why waste our time acting like he has all-star skills and skill-set. When he just is a good shooter and who can catch n shoot.

    Yet, ironically by his terrible start and just-decent shooting so far this year, he has proven unequivocally that that pidgeon holing of him absolutely incorrect. And that by either miscalculation, incomplete assessment of his game, and/or some player hate, he hasn't been accurately looked upon.

    The same people by and large, are making the same arguments, with the same level of conviction this year against him.

    It's like Gallo won't be fully trusted and accepted until he gets an all-star selection before the age of 24, averages 20+ ppg and has better peripheral stats to Chandler in every category, all while taking just the right number of 3's in every game that seem to us that he should be taking.

    (Much like Mike D'ant won't get full cred for his game system and philosophy until we beat LA with a healthy Bynum starting and hold them to <100pt)

  7. #22
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by BleedOrange&Blue
    I'm calling it now because I just don't see it with him. Statistics and daily observations all point to Gallo just being another guy. I have made the argument that he is regressing this season. How is this team going to win when our three point specialist is streaky at best. If Gallo was an elite shooter that needed to develop skills than hes worth waiting on but thats not the case. Show me one statistic that Gallo leads in. Show me the superior +/- or PER rating that suggests otherwise. I am not making this stuff up, again I call it like I see it and when I turn out to be right I expect my rep points!
    He isn't a 3pt specialist, man! This is where you and many got, and have got him wrong. I can't speak to why he took that role for much of last year, and he now has this rep for it (partially bc it was a surprise, partially bc he was good at it and had streaks of being devestatingly good at catch n shooting the 3).

    But his game has never been defined by that till then.

    And it certainly isn't defined as him being a "3pt specialist" now.

    If he was...if he was...I would then basically agree with 100% of everything you and others say, and ever have said, about Gallo.

  8. #23
    Sexy Stud knickzrulezH20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,781
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    Gallo sealed off our win over DEN with the beautiful foul that he drew. He did the exact same thing successfully last year, too.

    He is ok at blocks/stls.

    He draws fouls real well all-around. On offense and defense. Which shows he his game and has a quality bball IQ. Which, when we look at him as a flawed player needing to be able to mature his game, bodes well.

    He can get to the line tremendously well and his driving game is elite. So if you're talking about his offense, that must be included, as well as his elite ft%'s.

    His stats are very similar to what they were last year. But he had an absolutely wretched start to the season, and has heated up since over a pretty good margin of games now, and his numbers have risen.

    I will bet that by the end of the season his numbers are better. (Despite while being on a team with additional dominant scorers and shooters (Amare and Felton), and an emerged trust and health in Chandler as a scorer.)

    Last year Gallo was a 1dimensional, 1trick pony player who just had a good shot.

    Now he is the worst shooter on the team. Yet his numbers are consistent despite his start, and his impact on games has never been greater.

    Something isn't consistent. He's a very young player and talent; yet we called him out hard and early and were pessimistic bc he was just a 1trick pony type who couldn't evolve into more, so why waste our time acting like he has all-star skills and skill-set. When he just is a good shooter and who can catch n shoot.

    Yet, ironically by his terrible start and just-decent shooting so far this year, he has proven unequivocally that that pidgeon holing of him absolutely incorrect. And that by either miscalculation, incomplete assessment of his game, and/or some player hate, he hasn't been accurately looked upon.

    The same people by and large, are making the same arguments, with the same level of conviction this year against him.

    It's like Gallo won't be fully trusted and accepted until he gets an all-star selection before the age of 24, averages 20+ ppg and has better peripheral stats to Chandler in every category, all while taking just the right number of 3's in every game that seem to us that he should be taking.

    (Much like Mike D'ant won't get full cred for his game system and philosophy until we beat LA with a healthy Bynum starting and hold them to <100pt)

    Agreed 100%

  9. #24
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by BleedOrange&Blue
    I'm telling it like I see it dude. If you want to prove me wrong back it up, there is no BS in that post. "Randolph our best overall player" if anything I was being nice by keeping my mouth shut. But too many people on here kiss your ass and don't call you out on garbage predictions like this one. Its amazing how seemingly your always "right," perhaps its because you on one thread you say I support mike D'Antoni and the next week you say we need to fire him. You were wrong about Chandler, wrong about Marbury and now your wrong about Gallo. But wow, you don't even give me a stat or an observation to contradict my post. Check Mate Loserbury
    Well, people here kiss my ass for a reason and they don't kiss yours because of the post you be leaving on here, ever think about that?

    I was wrong about Chandler, yea he proved me wrong. I'm happy about that. Thanks for keeping notes on what I'm saying. Unfortunately for you I don't remember a damn thing you stated on this forum because you never said anything original, worth reading or interesting. Sorry.

    Wrong about Marbury? I don't know what you're talking about. Marbury is the man, and everyone knows this. He's moved on from the NBA and now is living free and has taken his talents to China to blessed the next world power. Marbury has a vision and he sees basketball's future is in China...I'm telling you dude, Marbury has started a movement.

    Wrong about Gallo?
    Gallo is like one of the most important players on this roster and has the best +/- on the team. He has high IQ, toughness, and alot of talent. I was the first on this forum to hype up Gallo and I'll be the last for good reason. Your stupid ass jumped the gun and thought Gallo was a bust because he shot poorly in his first 10 games of the NBA season. Sadly for you, you forgot theres about 70 games left season that time.

    You wanted stats? Well, I don't really have as much time as I like to sit down and educate dumbasses like you. Go do your research, your nobody on this site for me to worry about.

    Stop trying so hard to draw interest.

    Originally Posted by BleedOrange&Blue
    I'm glad to see Wilson getting some respect on here, dude is our third best player behind two legitimate All-Stars in Ray and STAT.

    What I don;t get is the support for Gallo and Randolph. Gallo is averaging the same numbers this year as he did last year except his shooting has gotten worse not better, so I don;t get where you got the "A" for shooting. Fields, Amare, Felton and Wilson all have higher shooting percentages, he is the worst shooter in our starting lineup. The argument can be made that he has the potential to be a good shooter, but i am not buying that argument when he is regressing. Most of his shots are wide open threes, where as Felton for example is shooting floaters in traffic and pull up jumpers off the dribble. Gallo also isn't fooling anybody with his defense. He has shown the occasional nice block here and there but don't be fooled, he is soft which is why he can't play the 4 like Chandler. So I am going to be absolutely clear, Gallo has not shown me he has what it takes now, nor do i see the potential for him to be good enough in the future. He will serve us better as a trade chip then a player.

    Anthony Randolph is garbage, he has had 21 years to learn how to play ball. Right now he is literally the dumbest player on the team save for maybe Curry. What makes you or anyone else think hes going to grow a basketball I.Q. over the next few seasons? I put his chance of being a serious rotation player at 10% -15% tops. If the Knicks are smart they will hold onto him for a little while until the right offer comes along, otherwise just cash him in for a pick. His stock is not going to go higher I can tell you that.
    Gallo's shooting never got work.
    Even great shooters has bad streaks.
    Gallo is still one of the best shooters in the NBA.
    Gallo is not soft, you don't watch Knicks basketball.

    Anthony Randolph in fact isn't garbage, that is just a hateful and thoughtless statement.

    He has 21 years to learn basketball? So did you. Look at you sitting on your fat nasty ass butt naked talking **** about professional athletes on a forum. I'm pretty sure in 21 years Randolph is more accomplished than you for you to be calling him garbage.

    You grow IQ and develop skill with experience.
    If Randolph doesn't get playing time, he will not develop. Its that simple.
    People who know about Randolph know he can ball on both ends of the court and dominate the boards.
    Truthfully, Anthony Randolph is our best rebounder.

    You just sound hateful.
    I hate haters.

  10. #25
    Superstar welcometonycity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    879
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    i have to agree with bleedblue&orange.
    AR is TRASH
    galo is not soft but u are .... u got no life homie

  11. #26
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    14
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    i definately still love gallo but randolph is terrible.. i wish everyone would stop talking about his potential and just realise hes not good and probably never will be.. too say that he could eventually be the best overall player on this team is ludacris

  12. #27
    Member BleedOrange&Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    354
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Well, people here kiss my ass for a reason and they don't kiss yours because of the post you be leaving on here, ever think about that?

    I was wrong about Chandler, yea he proved me wrong. I'm happy about that. Thanks for keeping notes on what I'm saying. Unfortunately for you I don't remember a damn thing you stated on this forum because you never said anything original, worth reading or interesting. Sorry.

    Wrong about Marbury? I don't know what you're talking about. Marbury is the man, and everyone knows this. He's moved on from the NBA and now is living free and has taken his talents to China to blessed the next world power. Marbury has a vision and he sees basketball's future is in China...I'm telling you dude, Marbury has started a movement.

    Wrong about Gallo?
    Gallo is like one of the most important players on this roster and has the best +/- on the team. He has high IQ, toughness, and alot of talent. I was the first on this forum to hype up Gallo and I'll be the last for good reason. Your stupid ass jumped the gun and thought Gallo was a bust because he shot poorly in his first 10 games of the NBA season. Sadly for you, you forgot theres about 70 games left season that time.

    You wanted stats? Well, I don't really have as much time as I like to sit down and educate dumbasses like you. Go do your research, your nobody on this site for me to worry about.

    Stop trying so hard to draw interest.



    Gallo's shooting never got work.
    Even great shooters has bad streaks.
    Gallo is still one of the best shooters in the NBA.
    Gallo is not soft, you don't watch Knicks basketball.

    Anthony Randolph in fact isn't garbage, that is just a hateful and thoughtless statement.

    He has 21 years to learn basketball? So did you. Look at you sitting on your fat nasty ass butt naked talking **** about professional athletes on a forum. I'm pretty sure in 21 years Randolph is more accomplished than you for you to be calling him garbage.

    You grow IQ and develop skill with experience.
    If Randolph doesn't get playing time, he will not develop. Its that simple.
    People who know about Randolph know he can ball on both ends of the court and dominate the boards.
    Truthfully, Anthony Randolph is our best rebounder.

    You just sound hateful.
    I hate haters.
    Yawn... same talking points.

  13. #28
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    As expected, nada.

    Wheres the GetRealstic of these boards? You just a hater/admire. Keep focusing on me from the distance.

    as for Anthony RANDOLPH.

    Per 36 minutes

    He's an 18 and 10 player with 2 blocks. His weakness is shot selection and his strength.


    Shot selection can easily be fixed.
    His strength, Randolph can develop Teyshaun Prince type strength, not dominant strength, but enough strength to hold you down in the post defense.

    Add 18 and 10 with 2 blocks to this lineup and you got a team thats better than a 16-9 squad.

  14. #29
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Metro,

    You're right on w regards to Gallo and have been spot on from the start, as evidenced by "The Big ****" thread, but I just have to part ways ideologically w u when it comes to your assessments of AR. It's mind boggling to me how you can be so spot on sometimes and at others so far off (Marbury a visionary seriously?? i can't even go there w ya) the mark.

    AR is simply NOT fundamentally sound dude. Basically every thing that you've noted about Gallo, that makes him good and forms his solid base skill-set -- his offensive/defensive IQ, fundamentals, passing, shooting, ability to get in the paint and draw fouls, toughness etc-- are areas that AR is lacking in. Yes he's athletic. But there have been many great athletes who couldn't hack it in the LEAGUE. This is the case because they can't think the game. AR has no idea what he's doing in an NBA level offense. As I've said many times he's just a freelance player. He wants to get up his shots. When he tries to play within the offense he causes unnecessary turnovers.

    Defensively he's horrible too. He simply cannot defend one on one. I've never seen a player get dumb fouls drawn on him so consistently. It's like he's compulsive when it comes to shooting, to's and fouls, ridiculous.

    No coach that's serious about getting W's is going to leave a player like AR in the game for long. Just too many mistakes. He needs to go to the D-League honestly. Prolly the only thing that keeps the teams he's been on from sending him is the fact that there's this perception out there that he's got all of this potential, which makes him a somewhat valuable trade piece. Teams are willing to take a chance on his potential. If he was sent to the D-League then maybe that would sully things a bit, decrease his value. You also don't want to play him either cause that sullies things too, in the win column and in the front offices of execs watching him. So you have a player that is basically taking up a roster spot that you can't play and you can't develop cause you want to use him in a deal. Disgraceful.. He needs to be on a rebuilding team.

    AR is not a player that should be taken seriously at this point.

  15. #30
    12th man
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono
    Posts
    11,260
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by ronoranina
    Metro,

    You're right on w regards to Gallo and have been spot on from the start, as evidenced by "The Big ****" thread, but I just have to part ways ideologically w u when it comes to your assessments of AR. It's mind boggling to me how you can be so spot on sometimes and at others so far off (Marbury a visionary seriously?? i can't even go there w ya) the mark.

    AR is simply NOT fundamentally sound dude. Basically every thing that you've noted about Gallo, that makes him good and forms his solid base skill-set -- his offensive/defensive IQ, fundamentals, passing, shooting, ability to get in the paint and draw fouls, toughness etc-- are areas that AR is lacking in. Yes he's athletic. But there have been many great athletes who couldn't hack it in the LEAGUE. This is the case because they can't think the game. AR has no idea what he's doing in an NBA level offense. As I've said many times he's just a freelance player. He wants to get up his shots. When he tries to play within the offense he causes unnecessary turnovers.

    Defensively he's horrible too. He simply cannot defend one on one. I've never seen a player get dumb fouls drawn on him so consistently. It's like he's compulsive when it comes to shooting, to's and fouls, ridiculous.

    No coach that's serious about getting W's is going to leave a player like AR in the game for long. Just too many mistakes. He needs to go to the D-League honestly. Prolly the only thing that keeps the teams he's been on from sending him is the fact that there's this perception out there that he's got all of this potential, which makes him a somewhat valuable trade piece. Teams are willing to take a chance on his potential. If he was sent to the D-League then maybe that would sully things a bit, decrease his value. You also don't want to play him either cause that sullies things too, in the win column and in the front offices of execs watching him. So you have a player that is basically taking up a roster spot that you can't play and you can't develop cause you want to use him in a deal. Disgraceful.. He needs to be on a rebuilding team.

    AR is not a player that should be taken seriously at this point.
    Your opinion on Marbury isn't fact. Its just a gather of all the information that has been fed to you by the media and you ate it all up. It bothers you because your afraid to go against the hand that feeds you. Its not your fault though and you're not the only one.

    Let me ask you something.

    How much have you watched Randolph play?
    as a Knick.

    Once you answer that, then we can continue this discussion.
    Because I can't take anyone seriously when they're trying to assess a basketball athlete under 20 games at MOST. Its just not a fair assessment nor an accurate one. Randolph has a good game or two, you will begin to feel a little idiotic for jumping to such an unclear conclusion. I just think its best to save yourself and avoid doing such things and wait until Randolph actually plays 20+ minutes for atleast 20-30 games before you jump to conclusion.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •