TYPE-A
TD did make a bad decision when he gave up on the play (none of his
teammates called the high screen), but the Knicks lost this game at the
end of the 3rd quarter.
I was caught-up watching the Jets game, thinking Philly without Iggy was
a easy win for the Knicks. Doug Collins has always been a bum coach, although
as a player he was the man.

Here is the reason why the Knicks lost to Philly:

Because Coach hasn't learned to beat a zone defense. Because we don't have a wing player who knows to drive and take higher % shots when the three isn't falling consistently.

Because we're still young and new, and have to learn to close out. Leaders close out, coaches adapt. Growing pains, hopefully not a trend.

hypnos

Rookie
I don't know if we're a play-off team yet or not. But last game was absolutely horrid.

Three wasn't falling a bit yet they didn't really tried to attack the paint or pass the ball to creat open midrange shots. As for Philly hitting their shots? I saw Brand missing 4 consecutive FT's. A brand on his best would have knocked us out way way earlier then the end of the 3th.

Fields wasn't playing well. Gave up 2 fouls on two 3-attempts by williams. That's just plain dumb. Specially the second time.

Was Mozgov in foul trouble? I'd expected more minutes for him in the 4th. gallo needs to be more present in the game.

This was just a really bad loss.

Kiyaman

Legend
I think Chandler really needs to find a way to get quality shots and drive a lot more. He needs to drive more and stop chucking 3s and long dribble jumpers. He was hot for a few games, but he needs to calm down. Consider comparing his stats to Lou Williams (their sixth man) Chandler shot 14 shots and only 4 free throws. Lou had 12 shot and 14 FT attempts! Even Douglas had at least had 7 freebies.

Considering him and Felton had bad shooting night, it really could have been worse.

u made a great point.
The more I see Wilson Chandler shooting 3-balls it makes me wonder if Herb
Williams was our headcoach would Chandler, Amare, Randolph, and Walker
be shooting 3-balls with more than 5 seconds left on the shot clock? I doubt it.
I recall interim coach Herb Williams benching Marbury & Crawford for several
games for shooting 3-balls with 5 or more seconds left on the shot clock.

I also recall at the end of last season there were rumors by the media
mentioning David Lee practicing constantly at shooting 3-balls throughout
the summer. So far David Lee is averaging 34 mpg with the 4-2 GSW, and
has not shot one 3-ball shot this season.
Here's the question ...... how many 3-ball shots would David Lee had taken
if he was still a Knick in our previous 6 games???

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
u made a great point.
The more I see Wilson Chandler shooting 3-balls it makes me wonder if Herb
Williams was our headcoach would Chandler, Amare, Randolph, and Walker
be shooting 3-balls with more than 5 seconds left on the shot clock? I doubt it.
I recall interim coach Herb Williams benching Marbury & Crawford for several
games for shooting 3-balls with 5 or more seconds left on the shot clock.

I also recall at the end of last season there were rumors by the media
mentioning David Lee practicing constantly at shooting 3-balls throughout
the summer. So far David Lee is averaging 34 mpg with the 4-2 GSW, and
has not shot one 3-ball shot this season.
Here's the question ...... how many 3-ball shots would David Lee had taken
if he was still a Knick in our previous 6 games???

Irrelevant and impossible to know. Like it or not, D'ants system is predicated on spreading the floor and knocking down the 3.

p0nder

Starter
very disapointing loss for the knicks. the 6ers are a team we NEED to beat in order to make it to the playoffs. They are not a good team and we should have won this as easily as the washington game. Yes there are some growing pins and some learning curves. fields is still a rookie starting the 2 guard spot. this is a stop-gap solution and it's becoming more apparent that we need to adress this hole in our line up.

Kiyaman

Legend
Irrelevant and impossible to know. Like it or not, D'ants system is predicated on spreading the floor and knocking down the 3.

I'm curious? do u recall Dantoni's first two seasons coaching the Phoenix Suns? hint.... his first season Dantoni took a 44 win season team and made it into a 29 win season team.
Nash, Jim Jackson, and 4th season Joe Johnson took control of Phoenix backcourt and made the Suns a 62 win season team, creating a SSOL system that Nash still use in Phoenix. u need to check out Nash & Finley backcourt in Dallas with Jamison & Dirk, or Walker & Dirk, before u mention Damnphony system

All of these jump shots are killing us. This system is too easy to defend. And his defensive statergy is lacking big time. It's a good thing we have players that can jump and block shots, but the positioning on the court is terrible...too many easy basket get by and all the players can do is look at each other. I'm not sure if this is due to gelling or some crazy defensive play calling. The coach needs to be more creative with his players. He needs to use P&R, sceens, and back door passing more. He needs to draw up a few plays (or better ones) in the post for Stat and Moz. You can't play this shooting from the 3 thru out the entire game, especially if you don't have consisitant shooters. what is he thinking?

Kiyaman

Legend
Thas just a lot of words..

The Knicks did plenty to win the game too, like outrebounding the Sixers 49 to 45. And, outboarding them on the offensive glass 14 to 8.

We were right in it until Douglas facked up on that screen. That was a back-breaking shot from Holiday.

u are mentioning a Holiday 3-ball shot that put the 76ers up by 4 points
with 3 minutes and 28 seconds left in the game.
Douglas got caught out there by the second screen, not the first screen.
u should mention the last last 3 minutes and 28 seconds when Amare pass
to Gallo was stolen by Turner who scored on Gallo. The next possesion went
to Gallo who shot a 3-ball off top of backboard., 76ers came down and score
making it a 8 point lead.
The Knicks got scored on 15 to 4 with the game on the line the moment
Douglas got caught on the 2nd screen.
Landry Fields and Mozgov who help build a Knick 9 point lead in the 3rd qtr.
did not see any action in the 4th qtr.. Lets get this right.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
u are mentioning a Holiday 3-ball shot that put the 76ers up by 4 points
with 3 minutes and 28 seconds left in the game.
Douglas got caught out there by the second screen, not the first screen.
u should mention the last last 3 minutes and 28 seconds when Amare pass
to Gallo was stolen by Turner who scored on Gallo. The next possesion went
to Gallo who shot a 3-ball off top of backboard., 76ers came down and score
making it a 8 point lead.
The Knicks got scored on 15 to 4 with the game on the line the moment
Douglas got caught on the 2nd screen.
Landry Fields and Mozgov who help build a Knick 9 point lead in the 3rd qtr.
did not see any action in the 4th qtr.. Lets get this right.

Are you some kind of idiot Kiya? I already acknowledged that Douglas "gave up" on the second screen.

And you only add credence to my point about Tony's f- up being the pivotal play in the game by highlighting the events subsequent to it.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Are you some kind of idiot Kiya? I already acknowledged that Douglas "gave up" on the second screen.

And you only add credence to my point about Tony's f- up being the pivotal play in the game by highlighting the events subsequent to it.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Bill Walker's minutes went from 18 in the POR game to only 13 yesterday. Am I missing something??? So the team is not scoring and one of your best shooters gets less minutes?

I will never understand the Dantoni substitution/rotation pattern.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Bill Walker's minutes went from 18 in the POR game to only 13 yesterday. Am I missing something??? So the team is not scoring and one of your best shooters gets less minutes?

It&s definitely random. Gotta be hard to manage that many athletic role players and keep them happy though.

CoolClyde

substitute my coke for gin

:agreed:
Moscow and Folds were looking good, but both disappeared for long periods of time.
even Clyde mentioned Moscow's disappearances in games.
I thought the Russian was having one of his best games, might as well leave him in
to use up all his fouls if you're just going to bench him most of game.
Laundry was cleaning up on O+D... OK, he made a couple mistakes fouling and folding,
but benching the guy for a long time? shitstache!

Knicks seemed to lose momentum when Collins deployed zone defense, whose fault is that?
I'll tell you... 'Antoni Shitstache!

Losing a game in 4th quarter is a coach's loss, you've had 3 quarters to determine who/what's working
and what's not... who's to blame...? Shitstachio, that's who!
nyk_wesuck.jpg

stuntmanmike

Benchwarmer
we knew going in that outside shooting would be a problem so of course we bomb it up from the outside. we need way more consistency starting with the coaching staff. we need a consistent rotation, we need stat to quit chucking and start pass out of double and triple teams, we need better rebound and defense. most of all we need to be consistently getting better and not consistently getting sloppier.

GetRealistic

Starter
Home games agianst Philly when there missing their best players are must wins. But lets put it into prospective boys. We're 3-3. We started the season off 1-10 last year. We're 3-3 and have been in every game and in all honesty we should probably be 5-1.

Lets not jump off the bring just yet.

metrocard

Legend
All of these jump shots are killing us. This system is too easy to defend. And his defensive statergy is lacking big time. It's a good thing we have players that can jump and block shots, but the positioning on the court is terrible...too many easy basket get by and all the players can do is look at each other. I'm not sure if this is due to gelling or some crazy defensive play calling. The coach needs to be more creative with his players. He needs to use P&R, sceens, and back door passing more. He needs to draw up a few plays (or better ones) in the post for Stat and Moz. You can't play this shooting from the 3 thru out the entire game, especially if you don't have consisitant shooters. what is he thinking?

tumblr_l7uu95rd1u1qa9913o1_500.gif

^^what is that suppose to mean? Oh, I get it. WIll smith has that same face most of the knicks wore last night. lol

and here i was thinking you were a tard...

you saw the same thing in last night game too, didn't you smarty? haha