Knicks vs Sixers

knicksin60

Starter
I'm not surprised that the Knicks loss this game.This team has always teased their fans for a few games to then fall on their faces once again.They've been pulling this stunt for the longest.

They look like powerhouses against the Bulls and Wizards but then let the 1-5 garbage Sixers embarrass them in their own building.So sick of this crap every year!

When they can't hit 3 pointers they'd lose to a high school team of amateurs.No way they make the playoffs this season if they continue losing to teams that they should beat.

You could never get overly excited or confident about this team because they'll just end up burning you.

iSaYughh

Starter
We let a couple Sixer scrubs shred us. :barf:

IMHO:

Fields, and even Walker...need to start getting integrated more into the offense. Especially when it concerns finishing out games and giving them a go at rescuing momentum and riding a high; giving greater balance to guys like Douglas from not *always* having to be there to ride a ridiculous high at just the right time.

Felton also just had a wretched shooting night.

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
Fool's Gold

live by the three die by the three. When you settle for threes you can beat anybody and you can lose to anybody. While the Bulls win was nice losing to the Sixers is why I HATE 3 point shots. Like Pat Riley said it's "Fool's Gold."

pat

Starter
We let a couple Sixer scrubs shred us. :barf:

IMHO:

Fields, and even Walker...need to start getting integrated more into the offense. Especially when it concerns finishing out games and giving them a go at rescuing momentum and riding a high

But there was no high they could ride tonight. This exactly what we had to do over the last few years. The plan should be to put the ball in STAT's and make room. Obviously that doesn't work right now.

knicksin60

Starter
I think pride was not the issue. They couldn't buy a basket, nothing was falling. Just plain ugly.

When your shots aren't falling you have to find a way to stop your opponent on defense.

Why did they allow these scrubs to have easy baskets in the 4th quarter?

Why did they allow Lou Williams to play like Allen Iverson in his prime?

To me, that's playing with no pride whatsoever.

pat

Starter
When your shots aren't falling you have to find a way to stop your opponent on defense.

Why did they allow these scrubs to have easy baskets in the 4th quarter?

To me, that's playing with no pride whatsoever.

Because Douglas had five fouls and fighting over the screen could have meant number 6. Had Holiday missed the shot, his decision would have been the right one. Also tit's not like the Sixers scored at will. It's just that 15 points in a fourth quarter is not enough for a game of NBA basketball.

kukoc7

Benchwarmer
live by the three die by the three. When you settle for threes you can beat anybody and you can lose to anybody. While the Bulls win was nice losing to the Sixers is why I HATE 3 point shots. Like Pat Riley said it's "Fool's Gold."

They weren't settle for threes, 19 shots is quite normal, Philly took 18.
The problem is the 3 over 19, I can do better with one hand tied behind my back.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
horrible game we couldnt get our defensive rotations at all we were leaving guys open and give the sixers credit they made the open shots. and that was our problem all day. we deserved this loss hopefully now these guys can get their rotations next game especially vs the Bucks thats a game to watch i dont wanna hover around .500 we need to get a streak going so we could give ourselves some breathing room especially when we start facing the upper echelon of teams in mid december.

as far as this one goes nothing more to say other then, :barf:

Amare was good, but we missed too many freethrows. let this be a lesson to not take games vs. inferior teams lightly

iSaYughh

Starter
But there was no high they could ride tonight. This exactly what we had to do over the last few years. The plan should be to put the ball in STAT's and and make room.

I mean, I agree, #1 is just put the rock in STAT's paws and let him show why he is a 100M Man and p.i.m.p

And we had no "high", but in good part bc the guys being asked to start one...couldn't...and they continued to shoulder the burden of scoring and trying to do so ad nauseum.

When they aren't really stars, superstars, are some proven beast commodity. They are all guys who are turning out to be excellent PIECES to a team; maybe even an elite one. But they aren't like guys you just treat as rocks to get shit done and let them rescue you for better or worse (STAT would be the only one).

It's more in line with a vintage Pistons team of recent past where they had a ton of guys who were great pieces, all could be asked to shoulder burdens and provide sparks and hot hands...and they had the right gelling to do so with great chemistry and flow.

I'd like to see us become more like this. And giving guys like Fields and Walker a go at doing so, over time, in tandem with our Douglas', would be a worthy experiment and effort.

mafra

Legend
With the way Philly and Milwauke have manhandled the Knicks the last few years, these 2 games should've been statement games for this squad. Enough of moral victories, playing tough against good teams... jump out to a 5-2 record and show the fans something.

Losing at home to Phil, who was without their best player, tells me this is more of the same. Sure, we'll be a 35 win team instead of 28. WOW. This is no playoff team.

Another game where Gallo and Chandler were basically non-existent in the 4th quarter. Legit players make plays in the 4th.

We're just a lazy team. We got up 9, and we started getting lazy, playing selfish basketball.... trying to block every shot, putting PHI on the line. Then, once again.... in the 4th when the going gets tough, we just get lazy and shoot jumpers (despite the fact we don't have any jump shooters).

It takes work to get in the paint and create.

I'm sure this team went out clubbing last night. Strolled in half awake, sleepwalking thru half the game.... just expecting to win this game JUST BECAUSE they were home and playing a bad team.

An absolute joke.

NO heart from this team.

I'm sorry.... Legitimate playoff teams do not lose at home to PHILLY w/out AI. This Knick team will be another disaster.

Last edited:

kukoc7

Benchwarmer
Another game where Gallo and Chandler were basically non-existent in the 4th quarter. Legit players make plays in the 4th.

Gallo was non-existent because in the last 3-4 minutes he had no more than 2 balls in his hands.

knicksin60

Starter
Because Douglas had five fouls and fighting over the screen could have meant number 6. Had Holiday missed the shot, his decision would have been the right one. Also tit's not like the Sixers scored at will. It's just that 15 points in a fourth quarter is not enough for a game of NBA basketball.

Teams that usually make the playoffs know how to shut down teams defensively when they have difficulty scoring throughout the game.Any team that depends on having a 30 point 4th quarter in order to win games is a team whose season ends in mid April.

iSaYughh

Starter
With the way Philly and Milwauke have manhandled the Knicks the last few years, these 2 games should've been statement games for this squad. Enough of moral victories, playing tough against good teams... jump out to a 5-2 record and show the fans something.

Losing at home to Phil, who was without their best players, tells me this is more of the same. Sure, we'll be a 35 win team instead of 28. WOW. This is no playoff team.

We're just a lazy team. We got up 9, and we started getting lazy, playing selfish basketball.... trying to block every shot, putting PHI on the line. Then, once again.... in the 4th when the going gets tough, we just get lazy and shoot jumpers (despite the fact we don't have any jump shooters).

It takes work to get in the paint and create.

I'm sure this team went out clubbing last night. Strolled in half awake, sleepwalking thru half the game.... just expecting to win this game JUST BECAUSE they were hom and playing a bad team.

An absolute joke.

NO heart from this team.

I'm sorry.... Legitimate playoff teams do not lose at home to PHILLY w/out AI. This Knick team will be another disaster.

Disagree immensely with last statement.

We lost this for several reasons. Some simple (we just shot like shit), they were offensively efficient (brand, jru, turner), and with foul trouble and some lack of winning-class (hey, we arent champions, we wont always show killer instinct and championship heart in our results) we let some of their donkeys shred us in the 4th.

But the big thing is we need time to be allowed to fully gel. We've been asking a few nice players to play like monsters ad nauseum. IMHO, we've treated them too much like rocks to be relied upon over and over.

For the sake of this season, and our future, I want to see us share the wealth more and give heightened responsibility and trust to Fields, Walker, eg.

Trying to win every game like we already are legit, and need to win every game like we have some contender-window or are in a big fight, wont even give us the best shot AT winning every game. And it certainly sacrifices us being able to fully gel in a way that, with how we are currently constructed, is necessary to become elite.

It almost seems like D'ant wants to just do this, which isnt HORRIBLE, and maximally try to boost player values for a trade for Melo.

mafra

Legend
Teams that usually make the playoffs know how to shut down teams defensively when they have difficulty scoring throughout the game.Any team that depends on having a 30 point 4th quarter in order to win games is a team whose season ends in mid April.

Teams just pack it in and make sure Amar'e doesn't beat them. Gallo, Chandler and Felton are basically ghosts when the game reaches crunch time. The go-to guy on the Knicks right now, late in games, is T-Douglas. If that's the reality of things, then we're headed to another lottery pick (which we'll then hand over to HOU).