Knicks vs Sixers

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
Make or Break time

After a nasty loss like this look for the Knicks to either come out with a sense of urgency or to roll over like a puppy in the next couple of games.

knicksin60

Starter
Teams just pack it in and make sure Amar'e doesn't beat them. Gallo, Chandler and Felton are basically ghosts when the game reaches crunch time. The go-to guy on the Knicks right now, late in games, is T-Douglas. If that's the reality of things, then we're headed to another lottery pick (which we'll then hand over to HOU).

That's why they need to play defense for 48 minutes and stop relying on the last 5 minutes of the game to decide the final outcome.

It's not like the Knicks were playing a half decent team today, they were playing one of the worst teams in the NBA.If they can't stop a horrible team on their home court, how are they going to beat the teams that will be competing with them for the final 2 spots in the Eastern Conference?

Did these guys over celebrate after their 2 game winning streak? Or were they partying the last two nights and forgot who was on their schedule today?

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I think they just got complacent. They played great against the Bulls and they had a monster 4th quarter against the Wizards...it wasn't the same team today.

elcol

Rotation player
anyone else think there were a few(5000) too many fouls the whole game, felton and td had to play off because they had 4 and 5 fouls...

tiger0330

Legend
I still hate D'Antoni's ssol, I haven't checked the box scores but I bet in our wins we shot > 35% from 3 and in our losses < 30% from 3. SSOL equal a win some/lose more system to me.

KBlack25

Starter
I still hate D'Antoni's ssol, I haven't checked the box scores but I bet in our wins we shot > 35% from 3 and in our losses < 30% from 3. SSOL equal a win some/lose more system to me.

I bet in most team's wins they shot > 35% from 3 and < 35% from 3 in their losses.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
Because Douglas had five fouls and fighting over the screen could have meant number 6. Had Holiday missed the shot, his decision would have been the right one. Also tit's not like the Sixers scored at will. It's just that 15 points in a fourth quarter is not enough for a game of NBA basketball.

Who gives a fack if he gets number 6. He had two chances on that philly possession to fight thru that screen. On the first oppo he went over the screen, then the sixers pg got the ball again and he just gave up on it and went under the screen. You can't do that!!!

That's why coach D'antoni lambasted him at the timeout. You don't worry about fouls in that situation. Know your situations! That play cost us the game IMO.

^^ Word. If he fouls out its no big deal. We still had chandler waiting to come back in should that happen. You need to fight and contest every possession in a tight game. Toney didn't do it that time and we got burned.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Tough loss, but the Sixers usually are a tough team when playing us. This is a team we must work on not letting them get their runs and playing how they want.

Kiyaman

Legend
Who gives a fack if he gets number 6. He had two chances on that philly possession to fight thru that screen. On the first oppo he went over the screen, then the sixers pg got the ball again and he just gave up on it and went under the screen. You can't do that!!!

That's why coach D'antoni lambasted him at the timeout. You don't worry about fouls in that situation. Know your situations! That play cost us the game IMO.

TD did make a bad decision when he gave up on the play (none of his
teammates called the high screen), but the Knicks lost this game at the
end of the 3rd quarter.
I was caught-up watching the Jets game, thinking Philly without Iggy was
a easy win for the Knicks. Doug Collins has always been a bum coach, although
as a player he was the man.

Here is the reason why the Knicks lost to Philly:
Mozgov getting 14 mpg (shouldve got 22 mpg or 4 fouls)
Fields getting 20 mpg (shouldve got 32 mpg)
Chandler getting 24 mpg (shouldve got 30 mpg)
Douglas getting 26 mpg (shouldve got 30 mpg)
And Felton/Amare/and Gallo receiving above 33+ minutes of playingtime
a piece to form a future trio lineup vs a mediocre Iggyless 76ers team were
the reason why the Knicks LOST.

Take a good look at our oponents (they are a 20 win season team without Iggy).
Philly's Jrue Holiday & rookie Turner are not 35+ mpg player in the NBA.
Rookie Evan Turner had his best NBA game today vs Knicks (14 pts, 3 ast, 10 rbds, on 60% fga).
Jrue Holiday 43 mpg outplayed Felton on both sides of the court.
Elton Brand performed like the 20-10 All-star he was 4 years ago on Turiaf
and Gallo today.
And PG-Lou Williams added 19 points off the bench

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Is kinda weird Chandler wasn't in the 4th quarter a lot.

Lou was fouled too much. That's one of the keys next time we play them, to not go for those fakes.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Tough loss to swallow since Iggy wasnt even on the team. If we want to make the playoffs we got to take advantage of teams like this. Hopefully we come back strong next game.

iJoe

Rotation player
I think Chandler really needs to find a way to get quality shots and drive a lot more. He needs to drive more and stop chucking 3s and long dribble jumpers. He was hot for a few games, but he needs to calm down. Consider comparing his stats to Lou Williams (their sixth man) Chandler shot 14 shots and only 4 free throws. Lou had 12 shot and 14 FT attempts! Even Douglas had at least had 7 freebies.

Considering him and Felton had bad shooting night, it really could have been worse.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
TD did make a bad decision when he gave up on the play (none of his
teammates called the high screen), but the Knicks lost this game at the
end of the 3rd quarter.
I was caught-up watching the Jets game, thinking Philly without Iggy was
a easy win for the Knicks. Doug Collins has always been a bum coach, although
as a player he was the man.

Here is the reason why the Knicks lost to Philly:
Mozgov getting 14 mpg (shouldve got 22 mpg or 4 fouls)
Fields getting 20 mpg (shouldve got 32 mpg)
Chandler getting 24 mpg (shouldve got 30 mpg)
Douglas getting 26 mpg (shouldve got 30 mpg)
And Felton/Amare/and Gallo receiving above 33+ minutes of playingtime
a piece to form a future trio lineup vs a mediocre Iggyless 76ers team were
the reason why the Knicks LOST.

Take a good look at our oponents (they are a 20 win season team without Iggy).
Philly's Jrue Holiday & rookie Turner are not 35+ mpg player in the NBA.
Rookie Evan Turner had his best NBA game today vs Knicks (14 pts, 3 ast, 10 rbds, on 60% fga).
Jrue Holiday 43 mpg outplayed Felton on both sides of the court.
Elton Brand performed like the 20-10 All-star he was 4 years ago on Turiaf
and Gallo today.
And PG-Lou Williams added 19 points off the bench

Thas just a lot of words..

The Knicks did plenty to win the game too, like outrebounding the Sixers 49 to 45. And, outboarding them on the offensive glass 14 to 8.

We were right in it until Douglas facked up on that screen. That was a back-breaking shot from Holiday.