Vince Carter Deal?

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
Vince Carter in NY?

We're getting reports from Seattle that a three-way is currently being looked into that would send Toronto Superstar Vince Carter to the Knicks, Ray Allen to the Raptors, and Kurt Thomas to the Sonics. My natural guess is other players will be involved as well.

This is a report I fould on-line.

e_D

Benchwarmer
nycefnl said:
Vince Carter in NY?

We're getting reports from Seattle that a three-way is currently being looked into that would send Toronto Superstar Vince Carter to the Knicks, Ray Allen to the Raptors, and Kurt Thomas to the Sonics. My natural guess is other players will be involved as well.

This is a report I fould on-line.

Then that would give us 2 hobbled SGs. I like Carter, but I think i'd rather have Crawford, or Q. Call me crazy.

Where'd you find this report? The deal sounds kinda suspect to me..

e_D

Benchwarmer
Crawford at SF would not work at all. There is no possible way that could happen as it makes no sense. IF (big if) we acquire Crawford he would be eating Houston's minutes, and maybe placed at SF at rare instances. But starting Crawford at SF or giving him a bulk of minutes there would really hurt us on rebounds.

Sorry I don't mean to get off the topic. Carter in NY.. I dont see happening. If it did I dunno why.. but.. let's see.

Hoagies99

Benchwarmer
i think carter could be a good aquisition, cuz if u look at it almost every great SG in this league has had injury problems like kobe, tmac, iverson, carter, you never know, maybe carter could stay healthy in NY, id rather see ray allen here tho, hes great

e_D

Benchwarmer
"Air Canada Staying In Canada

A quick call to the Toronto office maintains Vince Carter has never asked to be traded, contrary to any other rumors flying around. Seattle on the other hand may look to a few other clubs such as the Celtics who have their own disgruntled star in Paul Pierce.

The Mavericks haven't responded yet but that could either mean they're either busy working on it or laughed it off."

Rumor put to rest?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1832996

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee (the sound of me watching the ball leave amrburys hands, enter vince's and get dunked!!)
i know, im getting carried away lol

And i trust ESPN alot more than i do realgm.
as tot eh JC at SF, read my other post about Swift and JC, i was jsut thinking there are no real offensive powerhouses in the east, Houston is a guaranteeed shot if given 2 feet, marbury can concentrate on controlling the tempo and not the score, JC cna slash his way inside. Yea i know there woudl be no reobounding, and that woudl not be a championship team, but can anyone else imagine the three of them in the backcourt along with Sweetney and Dampier in the front in 05-06. Dampier is an incredible rebounder adn sweetney already is as a rookie, he'll be a franchise PF soon enough

WiL8000

Rotation player
I don't know how this would work. I would support it though, if Isiah thinks it will work. He knows Carter well, and if he thinks its a good move, it probably is. His injuries are concerning though, because we have injury prone players already. I can say for sure that Crawford would prove to be a valuable pickup, no doubt. Overall, it's the frontcourt of the Knicks that really needs work, everyone knows it.

stop saying that about houston!!! ok he had a REALLY bad year, REALLY REALLY bad. But he is not an always injured player, he never sat out of games before this year, he had surgery stop blaming him. Itt's not his fault and we have to see how it spans out to see if it remains a problem, but as of now you can't consider him an injury prone nor a problematic player.

WiL8000

Rotation player
Houston is going to be a risky situation now. So is Vince Carter, no matter what team he is on. They both have injuries that will be problematic through out the rest of their careers. This doesn't mean that they are suckers or anything, they have to play a more conservative style of basketball now to avoid hurting themselves.

e_D

Benchwarmer
Houston has always been kinda conservative anyway.. He's a jump shooter, and doesn't play very hard on defense, so that shouldn't strain him too much.. Carter however is the slash/dunk type.. he's been much more of a perimeter player since his injuries.. so we already have houston for the perimeter, we don't need another..

WiL8000

Rotation player
Houston has a better perimeter shot over Carter anyway as well. You're right e_D when you talked about Houston's game being conservative in the first place. Houston won't have to change his game as much as Carter, to avoid injuring himself, that's a definate plus. I'm not sure of this but I think Carter doesn't draw as big of a salary as Houston. If that's true, the Knicks could save a little $$ by a trade though. Anyway, I would be very surprised if a trade like this would ever happen in the first place, everyone knows Carter hates Lenny Wilkens, when he dissed him to the press.

JJtheKnick

Starter
yea if lenny and a player have a bad connection then everthing can get messed up. the knicks should foucs on better and HEALTHYER free agents

IMO, VC is one of the most overrated players in the NBA.....Half-a-Man Half-a-Season

Knicks are better off without him, they need athletic guys who can contribute all year in order to get good positioning in the east

WiL8000

Rotation player
Stromile Swift is the best answer for the Knicks at PF. NY's chances of landing him are slim, but he's younger, healthier, and ultimately costs less than Webber or some other big name PF. The Knicks should definately keep Vin Baker around as a backup PF though.

platypus

Rookie
WiL8000 said:
Stromile Swift is the best answer for the Knicks at PF. NY's chances of landing him are slim, but he's younger, healthier, and ultimately costs less than Webber or some other big name PF. The Knicks should definately keep Vin Baker around as a backup PF though.
I disagree with this. Vin Baker will want a bigger contract (for better alcohol, obviously) and didn't prove to be that effective at all. I'd rather pick up a guy like McDyess who is still young enough to have a bounceback season and isn't physically addicted to booze.