Vince Carter Deal?

newmove

Rotation player
Lakers GuRu said:
IMO, VC is one of the most overrated players in the NBA.....Half-a-Man Half-a-Season

Knicks are better off without him, they need athletic guys who can contribute all year in order to get good positioning in the east
I agree. Vince is good but that's it. He's not the guy we need. I say get Stromile instead.

e_D

Benchwarmer
I was watching ESPN the other night and they were showing some flash back stuff.. They had the McDonalds All American High School game or whatever.. It was funny to see alot of today's stars in High school..

Anyway, my point is Vince Carter was there, in the 3pt and dunk contests. You wanna now how this guy was overrated? Watch this broadcast. Everyone was praising him like he was Jesus after his dunks. Like he was the 2nd coming of Mike. It was kinda funny.. Just a thought.

Hoagies99

Benchwarmer
i dont really think carter is overrated or underrated, i think hes a very talented player who, when healthy, can explode for 40 pts just like in that 1 game vs the knicks at the garden this season, in addition, his type of play would be great for ny cuz rite now we have no1 thats likes to take an alley oop or make a nice flashy dunk to excite the crowd

newmove

Rotation player
e_D said:
I was watching ESPN the other night and they were showing some flash back stuff.. They had the McDonalds All American High School game or whatever.. It was funny to see alot of today's stars in High school..

Anyway, my point is Vince Carter was there, in the 3pt and dunk contests. You wanna now how this guy was overrated? Watch this broadcast. Everyone was praising him like he was Jesus after his dunks. Like he was the 2nd coming of Mike. It was kinda funny.. Just a thought.
Yeah, I saw it as well. I agree, that guy's got mad hops but he's missing the other components like driblling, shooting and defense. He can jump, yeah no doubt but thaat's it. All the other sides are pretty weak for him.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
From what I can see from articles online, the Bulls are trying to screw the Knicks over for crawford. They want to get rid of all their bad contracts and want none in return. If the Knicks can't get rid of anderson in this deal I don't see how it would be possible. Plus can't blame the Bulls for not wanting him, I hate that man with a passion. Anyways if the Knicks can't get Crawford, Vince would be a great joice, but cant' imagine Seattle getting rid of allen and getting Kurt Thomas in return. Not that Kurt is bad, he is one of my favorite players, but he is not close to as good as Allen. Even if other players were involved Seatle would have to be retarded.

newmove

Rotation player
I doubt Seattle would let Allen go as well, but it would be great for us if we could get him. I'd send them Houston and Anderson for Allen plus some cash... I wish they could get it all done but it's obvious this's not gonna happen... Sadly.

newmove

Rotation player
I don't want him here. He'll spoil all the chemistry. If we had an opportunity to compete in NBA championship and NBA dunk contest I'd sign him for a dunk contest. Only. He's not good at all as a player. He can't shoot, his defence sucks and he shows too much. Definitely we don't need that man.

dasilva1079

Benchwarmer
I don't see the Knicks being able to pull the trade off in the first place. Plus I don't want him, I'm happy with the team we have now. Just get me Dampier and Crawford and we are ready to roll.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
i dont even think that carter could even handle the pressure in NY..he just coming for the investments

WiL8000

Rotation player
Carter has made it public that he would like to join the Knicks. With what he said about coach Wilkens, I don't know if that will happen. Alot of people in here are writing that all Vince can do is dunk, I disagree. He averaged something like 22ppg last season.

With age comes the development of other skills besides dunking, just look at Kevin Garnett. The same has happened to Vince Carter. Sure he still dunks the ball, but he has a good shot as well. The only question with Carter is his health.

Here is what I say to everyone in here, saying all this guy can do is dunk, you're flat out wrong. Also, don't underestimate what a good dunk does for a team. It rises the intensity, motivates the team, makes the fans come to their feet. Remeber that dunk Tim Thomas had over Delambert last season, thats' just a taste of what someone like Vince Carter can provide.

vince

Rookie
I totally agree with you wil!! Carter is not just a dunker... he can pass, rebound and shoot. Last season he averages 22.5 PPG 4.8 APG and 4.8 RPG and all of you are sayin that he's just a dunker ? :rolling: Just remember the 76ers-raptors series in 2001...

newmove

Rotation player
datruth said:
i dont even think that carter could even handle the pressure in NY..he just coming for the investments
Word!

Speaking of Carter.

Look at his percentage, at his jumpshot technics, at his poor dribbling skills, at his poor D and so on. I'm not offending him or his fans but that guy needs to work on a lot before he becomes complete player.

Look at his cousin Tracy - he's complete all-around player. He's put so much work and passion to become one. I don't see that desire in Vince. All he want to do is show up, dunk it and have his team win it for him so Vince could've gotten another multimillion deal...

That's how it is. He's got a spoiled attitude. He's just coming for investements like Datruth said.

ok wait let's get one thing straight, VC is an incredible player and one of the best in the NBA. He is a franchise player for a reason, he is VERY talented.

Now as far as the Knicks' need for him goes, he woudl be a drastic upgrade as a plyer (barring all injuries). IF he were to play at SF, which i think he is VERY capable of palying because he can pull down 5 rebounds a game and cut through the lane, he would dramatically vchange the knicks' offensive capabilities. He can slash through the lane as well as our very own coveted Marbury can, but he is larger and stronger thus can also dunk.

Now as far as the need for a player like VC (in his current form, uninjured) goes, it is immense. Even if he were to dunk for 15 points a game from teh SF position and pull down 5 rebounds a game, he would bring an incredible amount of momentum towards the knicks. The reason we were lacking shooters in this postseason was because of the loss of Allan Houston. He is back, and like another post has indicated, he will not have to change his gameplay much because of his injury. He may not be able to play 40 minute games, but his stroke will still be the same through the 20-30 mihnutes he plays. This leads to a trio of Allan Houston, Stephon Marbury and Vince Carter in the backcourt who are all capable enough to be franchise palyers and require a 1.5/double team on them. This will lead to MANY open looks. Vicne Carter will also compliment Marbury's quick style very well.

Now wouldn't this be a nice starting rotation(parenthesis are predicted pts/rebs by me):
SG: Allan Houston (17/2)
PG: Stephon Marbury (22/1)
SF: Vince Carter (24/4)
PF: Michael Sweetney (15/9)
C: Erick Dampier (10/12)

Total by starters:
Rebounds: 28
Now of course these are very rough predictions, by just a fan but i do think this team would be a contender.

vince

Rookie
newmove you're talking about his percentage but do you know it ? .447 in career... do you wanna compare with crawford's percentage ? .397 in career. And what's the problem with his jumpshot technics ? Can you tell me more about it ? I can understand that you don't like vince but your critical are not good.

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
u cant say about percentage because when both retire craword would be much of a better player than vince...crawford is the future

WiL8000

Rotation player
Between Vince Carter and Jamal Crawford, I would certainly pick Crawford. What I'm saying is that Carter is much more than a dunker. He has tremendous talent, but at a higher price certainly. Financially, Crawford does make more sense. But for some reason, the Knicks don't get Crawford, Carter would not be a bad alternative at all. To say that Vince Carter wouldn't fit the Knicks is just crazy.

He has the carisma and intensity that a player needs to survive in New York. His dunking ability would electrify the Garden, no doubt about it. I'm totally convinced, Carter would compliment Stephon Marbury. His presence would draw defenders to him, clearing room for teamates on the court.

1rst choice -Jamal Crawford
2nd choice -Vince Carter
No Choice must have -Eric Dampier (Big Man up front)

Walker -I guess, but I'm not crazy bout him

First, I am new to this site, but a huge educated NY Knicks Fan. I live for NY Knicks Basketball, read at least an hour/day on them and play a few Fantasy Basketball Teams. I wanted to join and offer some input here.
As far as these rumored deals go, I am not against Vince Carter at all, but think Crawford is a better way to go. The reason is that Crawford is much younger than Carter and would not cost us NEARLY what it would to aquire Carter. We will have to give up a lot to aquire Vince Carter, pay him through the roof and cringe every time he skies hoping that he does not get injured. The Knicks have Starbury, Houston, Tim Thomas and Penny all making maximum amount contracts. Adding Carter would be another max deal. I would love him on the cheap, but doubt Toronto would give him up for cheap.
Dampier also scares me as he is 30 years old. Has been in the league for years and just had his only descent year(which last year was his contract year, prior years he averaged 8 points, 7 boards for his career). I dont want the Knicks to be the team to give up good assests for him, over pay him to a long term deal, and have to take on VanExel's contract as well. Just my 2 cents. I trust in Isiah to turn this club around. He has done great so far, and hope he does not make the wrong descision now.

Peace out.