Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 49

Thread: Vince Carter Deal?

  1. #16
    Veteran JJtheKnick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,220
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    yea if lenny and a player have a bad connection then everthing can get messed up. the knicks should foucs on better and HEALTHYER free agents

  2. #17
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    this will never happen, you guys are crazy.

  3. #18
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    IMO, VC is one of the most overrated players in the NBA.....Half-a-Man Half-a-Season

    Knicks are better off without him, they need athletic guys who can contribute all year in order to get good positioning in the east

  4. #19
    Superstar WiL8000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    529
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Stromile Swift is the best answer for the Knicks at PF. NY's chances of landing him are slim, but he's younger, healthier, and ultimately costs less than Webber or some other big name PF. The Knicks should definately keep Vin Baker around as a backup PF though.

  5. #20
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    3
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by WiL8000
    Stromile Swift is the best answer for the Knicks at PF. NY's chances of landing him are slim, but he's younger, healthier, and ultimately costs less than Webber or some other big name PF. The Knicks should definately keep Vin Baker around as a backup PF though.
    I disagree with this. Vin Baker will want a bigger contract (for better alcohol, obviously) and didn't prove to be that effective at all. I'd rather pick up a guy like McDyess who is still young enough to have a bounceback season and isn't physically addicted to booze.

  6. #21
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    735
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by Lakers GuRu
    IMO, VC is one of the most overrated players in the NBA.....Half-a-Man Half-a-Season

    Knicks are better off without him, they need athletic guys who can contribute all year in order to get good positioning in the east
    I agree. Vince is good but that's it. He's not the guy we need. I say get Stromile instead.

  7. #22
    Veteran JJtheKnick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,220
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    his ankel is gone and he will be injured much more during his season

  8. #23
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    735
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by JJtheKnick
    his ankel is gone and he will be injured much more during his season
    ...as well as his knee...

  9. #24
    Member e_D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    343
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    I was watching ESPN the other night and they were showing some flash back stuff.. They had the McDonalds All American High School game or whatever.. It was funny to see alot of today's stars in High school..

    Anyway, my point is Vince Carter was there, in the 3pt and dunk contests. You wanna now how this guy was overrated? Watch this broadcast. Everyone was praising him like he was Jesus after his dunks. Like he was the 2nd coming of Mike. It was kinda funny.. Just a thought.

  10. #25
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    226
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    i dont really think carter is overrated or underrated, i think hes a very talented player who, when healthy, can explode for 40 pts just like in that 1 game vs the knicks at the garden this season, in addition, his type of play would be great for ny cuz rite now we have no1 thats likes to take an alley oop or make a nice flashy dunk to excite the crowd

  11. #26
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    735
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by e_D
    I was watching ESPN the other night and they were showing some flash back stuff.. They had the McDonalds All American High School game or whatever.. It was funny to see alot of today's stars in High school..

    Anyway, my point is Vince Carter was there, in the 3pt and dunk contests. You wanna now how this guy was overrated? Watch this broadcast. Everyone was praising him like he was Jesus after his dunks. Like he was the 2nd coming of Mike. It was kinda funny.. Just a thought.
    Yeah, I saw it as well. I agree, that guy's got mad hops but he's missing the other components like driblling, shooting and defense. He can jump, yeah no doubt but thaat's it. All the other sides are pretty weak for him.

  12. #27
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Westchester, New York
    Posts
    449
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    From what I can see from articles online, the Bulls are trying to screw the Knicks over for crawford. They want to get rid of all their bad contracts and want none in return. If the Knicks can't get rid of anderson in this deal I don't see how it would be possible. Plus can't blame the Bulls for not wanting him, I hate that man with a passion. Anyways if the Knicks can't get Crawford, Vince would be a great joice, but cant' imagine Seattle getting rid of allen and getting Kurt Thomas in return. Not that Kurt is bad, he is one of my favorite players, but he is not close to as good as Allen. Even if other players were involved Seatle would have to be retarded.

  13. #28
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    735
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    I doubt Seattle would let Allen go as well, but it would be great for us if we could get him. I'd send them Houston and Anderson for Allen plus some cash... I wish they could get it all done but it's obvious this's not gonna happen... Sadly.

  14. #29
    Member e_D's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    343
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]


    Hmm.

    This adds another facet to the drama that is the Knicks Off Season.

  15. #30
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    735
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    I don't want him here. He'll spoil all the chemistry. If we had an opportunity to compete in NBA championship and NBA dunk contest I'd sign him for a dunk contest. Only. He's not good at all as a player. He can't shoot, his defence sucks and he shows too much. Definitely we don't need that man.

Similar Threads

  1. Vince Carter traded to New Jersey
    By WiL8000 in forum NBA
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Dec 17, 2004, 18:16
  2. Vince Carter traded to NY!!
    By rady in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Oct 06, 2004, 18:26
  3. Carter forcing a trade to NY
    By rady in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: Sep 16, 2004, 11:15
  4. Allan Houston for Vince Carter??
    By nycefnl in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Jun 05, 2004, 12:13

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •