Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 49

Thread: Vince Carter Deal?

  1. #31
    Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Westchester, New York
    Posts
    449
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I don't see the Knicks being able to pull the trade off in the first place. Plus I don't want him, I'm happy with the team we have now. Just get me Dampier and Crawford and we are ready to roll.

  2. #32
    Your Best Bet is B Ez datruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,553
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    i dont even think that carter could even handle the pressure in NY..he just coming for the investments

  3. #33
    Superstar WiL8000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    529
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Carter has made it public that he would like to join the Knicks. With what he said about coach Wilkens, I don't know if that will happen. Alot of people in here are writing that all Vince can do is dunk, I disagree. He averaged something like 22ppg last season.

    With age comes the development of other skills besides dunking, just look at Kevin Garnett. The same has happened to Vince Carter. Sure he still dunks the ball, but he has a good shot as well. The only question with Carter is his health.

    Here is what I say to everyone in here, saying all this guy can do is dunk, you're flat out wrong. Also, don't underestimate what a good dunk does for a team. It rises the intensity, motivates the team, makes the fans come to their feet. Remeber that dunk Tim Thomas had over Delambert last season, thats' just a taste of what someone like Vince Carter can provide.

  4. #34
    Newbie vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    paris
    Posts
    44
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    I totally agree with you wil!! Carter is not just a dunker... he can pass, rebound and shoot. Last season he averages 22.5 PPG 4.8 APG and 4.8 RPG and all of you are sayin that he's just a dunker ? Just remember the 76ers-raptors series in 2001...

  5. #35
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    735
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by datruth
    i dont even think that carter could even handle the pressure in NY..he just coming for the investments
    Word!

    Speaking of Carter.

    Look at his percentage, at his jumpshot technics, at his poor dribbling skills, at his poor D and so on. I'm not offending him or his fans but that guy needs to work on a lot before he becomes complete player.

    Look at his cousin Tracy - he's complete all-around player. He's put so much work and passion to become one. I don't see that desire in Vince. All he want to do is show up, dunk it and have his team win it for him so Vince could've gotten another multimillion deal...

    That's how it is. He's got a spoiled attitude. He's just coming for investements like Datruth said.

  6. #36
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    34
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    ok wait let's get one thing straight, VC is an incredible player and one of the best in the NBA. He is a franchise player for a reason, he is VERY talented.

    Now as far as the Knicks' need for him goes, he woudl be a drastic upgrade as a plyer (barring all injuries). IF he were to play at SF, which i think he is VERY capable of palying because he can pull down 5 rebounds a game and cut through the lane, he would dramatically vchange the knicks' offensive capabilities. He can slash through the lane as well as our very own coveted Marbury can, but he is larger and stronger thus can also dunk.

    Now as far as the need for a player like VC (in his current form, uninjured) goes, it is immense. Even if he were to dunk for 15 points a game from teh SF position and pull down 5 rebounds a game, he would bring an incredible amount of momentum towards the knicks. The reason we were lacking shooters in this postseason was because of the loss of Allan Houston. He is back, and like another post has indicated, he will not have to change his gameplay much because of his injury. He may not be able to play 40 minute games, but his stroke will still be the same through the 20-30 mihnutes he plays. This leads to a trio of Allan Houston, Stephon Marbury and Vince Carter in the backcourt who are all capable enough to be franchise palyers and require a 1.5/double team on them. This will lead to MANY open looks. Vicne Carter will also compliment Marbury's quick style very well.

    Now wouldn't this be a nice starting rotation(parenthesis are predicted pts/rebs by me):
    SG: Allan Houston (17/2)
    PG: Stephon Marbury (22/1)
    SF: Vince Carter (24/4)
    PF: Michael Sweetney (15/9)
    C: Erick Dampier (10/12)

    Total by starters:
    Points: 88
    Rebounds: 28
    Now of course these are very rough predictions, by just a fan but i do think this team would be a contender.

  7. #37
    Newbie vince's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    paris
    Posts
    44
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    newmove you're talking about his percentage but do you know it ? .447 in career... do you wanna compare with crawford's percentage ? .397 in career. And what's the problem with his jumpshot technics ? Can you tell me more about it ? I can understand that you don't like vince but your critical are not good.

  8. #38
    Your Best Bet is B Ez datruth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    new york
    Posts
    1,553
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    u cant say about percentage because when both retire craword would be much of a better player than vince...crawford is the future

  9. #39
    Superstar WiL8000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    529
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Between Vince Carter and Jamal Crawford, I would certainly pick Crawford. What I'm saying is that Carter is much more than a dunker. He has tremendous talent, but at a higher price certainly. Financially, Crawford does make more sense. But for some reason, the Knicks don't get Crawford, Carter would not be a bad alternative at all. To say that Vince Carter wouldn't fit the Knicks is just crazy.

    He has the carisma and intensity that a player needs to survive in New York. His dunking ability would electrify the Garden, no doubt about it. I'm totally convinced, Carter would compliment Stephon Marbury. His presence would draw defenders to him, clearing room for teamates on the court.

    1rst choice -Jamal Crawford
    2nd choice -Vince Carter
    No Choice must have -Eric Dampier (Big Man up front)

    Walker -I guess, but I'm not crazy bout him

  10. #40
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Central NY
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    First, I am new to this site, but a huge educated NY Knicks Fan. I live for NY Knicks Basketball, read at least an hour/day on them and play a few Fantasy Basketball Teams. I wanted to join and offer some input here.
    As far as these rumored deals go, I am not against Vince Carter at all, but think Crawford is a better way to go. The reason is that Crawford is much younger than Carter and would not cost us NEARLY what it would to aquire Carter. We will have to give up a lot to aquire Vince Carter, pay him through the roof and cringe every time he skies hoping that he does not get injured. The Knicks have Starbury, Houston, Tim Thomas and Penny all making maximum amount contracts. Adding Carter would be another max deal. I would love him on the cheap, but doubt Toronto would give him up for cheap.
    Dampier also scares me as he is 30 years old. Has been in the league for years and just had his only descent year(which last year was his contract year, prior years he averaged 8 points, 7 boards for his career). I dont want the Knicks to be the team to give up good assests for him, over pay him to a long term deal, and have to take on VanExel's contract as well. Just my 2 cents. I trust in Isiah to turn this club around. He has done great so far, and hope he does not make the wrong descision now.

    Peace out.

  11. #41
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Posts
    286
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    i agree.. JCraw is a better fit for us.. he can play both guard positions which eases both houstons and marburys minutes.. Damp may be old but he still has 3-4 more years of banging left.. he is a big body and a defensive presence in the paint.. also there arent that much big men up for grabs right now..

  12. #42
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    735
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by jayp
    i agree.. JCraw is a better fit for us.. he can play both guard positions which eases both houstons and marburys minutes.. Damp may be old but he still has 3-4 more years of banging left.. he is a big body and a defensive presence in the paint.. also there arent that much big men up for grabs right now..
    Amen! Could'n been said any better!
    Case closed.

  13. #43
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    225
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Hey this is my old post re-surfacing!

    If we get Vince; we won't get Crawford.

    I rather Crawford because he is younger and isn't injury prone like Carter.

    But if it's:

    Houston for Vince;

    Tim Thomas for Vince;

    AH and TT for Vince;

    KT, TT, AH for Vince;

    I'd do it !

  14. #44
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Brooklyn
    Posts
    735
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by nycefnl
    If we get Vince; we won't get Crawford.
    Absolutely.
    Originally Posted by nycefnl
    I rather Crawford because he is younger and isn't injury prone like Carter.
    Agree here too.
    Originally Posted by nycefnl
    Houston for Vince;
    I'd go for it as well.
    Originally Posted by nycefnl
    Tim Thomas for Vince;
    Yeah, that's nice too. I'm with you here.
    Originally Posted by nycefnl
    AH and TT for Vince;
    Toronto should've given us some draft pick in addition... TT and Allan makes a great duo, don't forget about it.
    Originally Posted by nycefnl
    KT, TT, AH for Vince;
    No way! Three starters for injuried "half man - half a season" Vince?! No way!
    I'd go for it if it was KT, TT, AH 4 VC, Bosh.

  15. #45
    Veteran JJtheKnick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    1,220
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    vince is a great player but he is not built to play a whole season. he always gets hurt. but i would still make a trade for carter and this is the only one. allen for vince. thats the only trade i would do for him. i probably not going to happen though.

Similar Threads

  1. Vince Carter traded to New Jersey
    By WiL8000 in forum NBA
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Dec 17, 2004, 17:16
  2. Vince Carter traded to NY!!
    By rady in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: Oct 06, 2004, 17:26
  3. Carter forcing a trade to NY
    By rady in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: Sep 16, 2004, 10:15
  4. Allan Houston for Vince Carter??
    By nycefnl in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Jun 05, 2004, 11:13

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •