Knicks @ Bucks, Nov 9

p0nder

Starter
Wow. came home from my men's league game to see the knicks were losing terribly. I know it's early but we should of beaten this team. We actually have the same record as the Miami Heat so i still think this season has lots of hope and time to turn around.

but disappointing losses to philly and the bucks really put us in a bad position. We need to do something drastic and make sure we win these next 2 games! i hope to god that we can pull out a win against d.lee and the warriors or we'll be hearing a lot of shit talkin'.

supercelo24

Rookie
Like I said in a previous post this was an early make or break game. If the Knicks were any kind of playoff team they would of come out with a sense of urgency and would of made this a game by the second quarter. Instead we start the game out 0-7 from three (see a pattern here?) and we LOSE THE GAME IN THE FIRST QUARTER. I'm not gonna blame anyone player this time as all of our players sucked something horrible. I have been very patient in my evaluation of D'Antoni but it is now very clear to me that he does not have what it takes to maximize the talent he has been given. This team should be 5-2 or 4-3 considering our schedule so far and the injuries of opposing teams: Boozer, Igudola, Redd. I have come to the conclusion that it was Nash who made D'Antoni an not the other way around. It takes truly gifted players like Nash and Magic Johnson to run and gun effectively the Knicks execution has been horrible on the break and has become way to predictable in the half-court Pick N' Roll and chuck 3's. If this team doesn't establish some kind of interior post play I just see them as too limited offensively.

D'Antoni has been given the tools including his former all-star PF. There can be no more excuses no more moral victories. D'Antoni needs to start producing and fast, if not, I am completely fine with going in another direction. I can "wait for next year" for Carmelo but I will not tolerate mediocrity with this squad this year.

granted we didn't play up to our capabilities, but to Milwaukee's credit, they damn near shot the ball at 70% for the 1st half. At that rate, any team would be tough to beat. They played a stellar game, and the Knicks weren't up to the task. We made a 3rd quarter run to cut it to 14 or 16, which showed our boys were still fighting, but the Bucks always had a hot hand on the floor. Unless every team we face shoots that good, I'd say we're ok..."fingers off the panic button everyone!"
:gony:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Didn't see either game, but everyone's reactions and box scores tell the whole story. This is what we were trying to tell these fools about living at the 3 point line: You can't CONSISTENTLY win that way. You have to have something else to hang your hat on. I bought into a bit of the hype early hoping against hope that things would be different, but this team has now hit the ground with a thud. At least it saves me buying the league pass(i was considering it) to watch the Knicks lose. Thanks guys!!!!

I bought it.

Works out to about $1.70/game. Still not counting us out as a 40 win team, but something needs to stop this team from long-balling themselves in to a lottery with no pick.

jimkcchief88

All Star
I bought it.

Works out to about $1.70/game. Still not counting us out as a 40 win team, but something needs to stop this team from long-balling themselves in to a lottery with no pick.

I just can't justify spending $200 just to be pissed off..... Pray for the Knicks to someday be relevent enough to be broadcast nationally again like the good old days(tuesday nights with hubie) instead hidden in the closet like the senile uncle.....

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Terrible Game

Last night's game was painful to watch. Once again Gallo has been useless, but we win when he is decent.

I have forever been hopeful for Gallo's development, but I am seeing what appear to be hard-wired limitations. His shooting percentage for threes is actually better than for twos this year. He had an air ball on a three foot shot that he tried to make on the move. He should have taken it all the way to the basket. He has no mid-range game and is not strong enough in the post. He has no fade-away. It appears that he does not practice anything but long range stationary shots.

I have always liked Chandler also, but I am not that happy with his current game though it is certainly better than Gallo's. He averages about 15 shots a game, Gallo about 9. He has had 15 foul shots, Gallo 22. He is not a good three point shooter, yet he throws them up from the outside rather than driving and drawing fouls.

Our team is making a really good player look bad, Amar'e is getting the ball too far from the rim.

Last night the Pacers scored 144 points with 54 of them coming in one quarter. Any team can shoot lights out from time to time. We need some consistency. Is our base line team the team that beat Chicago on the road, or the team that lost to Philly and Milwaukee? That is, if we reach some semblance of "consistency," are we going to be consistently good or consistently bad?

I never like this system, its weak and lacks creativity, and the coach sucks when it comes to defense. The commentors were even wondering why Stat was around the perimeter...instead of around the paint. I'm sure some of you heard them say "why are they shooting so many Jumpers". Wilson is still coming off the bench, Gallo is still a fake starter taking up space and playing like a 5 year old. The coach system consist of too many jumpshots with players who aren't even consistant jump shooters (WTF!!). Why can't he play these guys to their strengh and stop forcing them to shoot beyound the 3? Anyone who knows B-Ball can see this guys weak coaching. I saw him scream on T. Douglas and Wilson at least 3 times...but didn't say shit to Gallo! You see how this is hurting the team?! He is destroying this ball club with his choice in players on the floor, keeping Gallo in the game, and I know he is holding up the Mello trade. At least he'll get a real shooter for his wack parimeter game plan. I can't believe this organisation is allowing this team to play like this. insane...

jimkcchief88

All Star
Last night's game was painful to watch. Once again Gallo has been useless, but we win when he is decent.

I have forever been hopeful for Gallo's development, but I am seeing what appear to be hard-wired limitations. His shooting percentage for threes is actually better than for twos this year. He had an air ball on a three foot shot that he tried to make on the move. He should have taken it all the way to the basket. He has no mid-range game and is not strong enough in the post. He has no fade-away. It appears that he does not practice anything but long range stationary shots.

I have always liked Chandler also, but I am not that happy with his current game though it is certainly better than Gallo's. He averages about 15 shots a game, Gallo about 9. He has had 15 foul shots, Gallo 22. He is not a good three point shooter, yet he throws them up from the outside rather than driving and drawing fouls.

Our team is making a really good player look bad, Amar'e is getting the ball too far from the rim.

Last night the Pacers scored 144 points with 54 of them coming in one quarter. Any team can shoot lights out from time to time. We need some consistency. Is our base line team the team that beat Chicago on the road, or the team that lost to Philly and Milwaukee? That is, if we reach some semblance of "consistency," are we going to be consistently good or consistently bad?

Exactly. Ronny Milsap dropped 40 on the Miami yesterday. Ronny **** Milsap. 40. Any mofo good enough to be in the NBA can blow up any given night. "Tricky" Nick Exel was known for getting hot and dropping 40 on some unsuspecting victim. The key is the point we keep hammering on: CONSISTENCY. The greats hit you up every night.

Offense in hoops is not like offense in football. You need a good ground game(inside game) to aid in making your passing attack(outside game) effective. The board was pissed when Barkley stated Amare wasn't doing enough, but Chuck was right. Four boards last night???? D.Lee averaged a double-double last season. So how are we a better team???

KBlack25

Starter
Exactly. Ronny Milsap dropped 40 on the Miami yesterday. Ronny **** Milsap. 40. Any mofo good enough to be in the NBA can blow up any given night. "Tricky" Nick Exel was known for getting hot and dropping 40 on some unsuspecting victim. The key is the point we keep hammering on: CONSISTENCY. The greats hit you up every night.

Offense in hoops is not like offense in football. You need a good ground game(inside game) to aid in making your passing attack(outside game) effective. The board was pissed when Barkley stated Amare wasn't doing enough, but Chuck was right. Four boards last night???? D.Lee averaged a double-double last season. So how are we a better team???

His name is Paul Millsap.
facepalm.jpg

KingCharles34

All Star

Dog, who the fukk is Ronnie Millsap :lol:

His name is Paul Millsap.
facepalm.jpg

:lol:

This is almost as bad as that other thread where someone thought Chandler was Amare Stoudamire :lol: