Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When will Dolan threaten to fire D'antoni?

Default When will Dolan threaten to fire D'antoni?

If getting embarrassed by two god awful teams in back to back games isn't enough to influence an owner to speak publicly about the terrible job that his head coach has been doing than I don't know what else could have an influence on him.

As a Knicks fan, I'm so tired and disgusted of hearing the excuses that D'antoni makes for himself and the excuses that his supporters have been making for him.A team that is nearly twice as talented as they were last year has no excuse for playing crappy basketball to teams that everyone else in the NBA has been beating.

I have a problem with Knick fans who will defend D'antoni to the very end because they don't want any negativity to take away from the Kool-Aid that they drink.What more wrong can a coach do to prove that he isn't qualified to coach a winning team?

I've said it many times before, when you can't beat teams with losing records...you yourself are either doing something the wrong way or you're just as bad as the losing teams that you play.How many teams that get into the playoffs with the 8th seed lose to bad teams on a consistent basis?

If the Knicks can't finish the first 25 games of the season with a record that is above 500 than D'antoni definitely needs to either resign or get fired.Many Knick fans did not wait 2 years to see a reenactment of the last decade.The Knicks were suppose to at least be competitive when D'antoni first took this job and all was excused when D'antoni didn't have the pieces to compete but there is no more excuses for him now that he has a roster which consists of a superstar power forward, a legit point guard, and a talented bench.

Once he signs on and one stars your thread

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    Once he signs on and one stars your thread
    Again, I don't care about stupid thread ratings.If I cared so much about winning over people I would have become a politician.How many more times are you going to be bringing up the same thing on peoples' threads?

As soon as you called the Bucks a god awful team i stopped reading your thread

Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    As soon as you called the Bucks a god awful team i stopped reading your thread
    I go by what their record says even if it's still early in the season.You are what your record says you are.

Knicksin60,im just wondering who do you want as head coach?

Originally Posted by WVKnickfan
    Knicksin60,im just wondering who do you want as head coach?
    Either Mike Brown, Mike Woodson or Jeff Van Gundy.

Originally Posted by knicksin60
    I go by what their record says even if it's still early in the season.You are what your record says you are.
    KingStarbury still supports Stephon, its on record this kid don't know what hes talking about... so go figure. I just took a $hit smarter than him...

Hey KingStarbury "U Mad?"

Either Mike Brown, Mike Woodson or Jeff Van Gundy.
    I like all those choices. I wish we could have Jeff Van Gundy back tho as he was the last coach to produce for this team. After watching Larry Brown, Lenny Wilkins and now D'Antoni failing us I long for a piece of our 90's glory. Imagine if the Knicks actually ran some play and played some defense .

Im not wanting Mike D fired yet but if he ever was then I would love to see JVG back coaching the Knicks.That was the last time the Knicks had a great coach, great coached teams,knick teams that played defense and knick teams that knew how to win.

Originally Posted by BleedOrange&Blue
    I like all those choices. I wish we could have Jeff Van Gundy back tho as he was the last coach to produce for this team. After watching Larry Brown, Lenny Wilkins and now D'Antoni failing us I long for a piece of our 90's glory. Imagine if the Knicks actually ran some play and played some defense .
    They won't win if their coach continues to emphasize three point shooting above defense.The Knicks will be finishing the season as a 10th seeded team if they wait on the three point shots to fall in for them.It has seemed like in 3 out of every 10 games that they've played in under Mike D'antoni they've had good shooting games and have lost almost 70 percent of their games due to them missing most of their shots in those games.If a coach can't find other measures to get his team to win than he is not a good coach and should be relieved of his duties.

In Van Gundy's last couple of seasons as head coach of the Knicks, he had rosters that were less talented than the one D'antoni has right now yet he found ways to win 50 games with them and take his team to the playoffs.But the D'antoni apologists are going to tell you that Van Gundy wasn't a winning coach because he never was able to go deep into the playoffs a few times.
    Last edited by knicksin60; Nov 09, 2010 at 23:47.

Im not wanting Mike D fired yet but if he ever was then I would love to see JVG back coaching the Knicks.That was the last time the Knicks had a great coach, great coached teams,knick teams that played defense and knick teams that knew how to win.
    Could you have imagined D'antoni coaching the 1998-99 Knicks? He would have had Houston, Sprewell and Childs chalking up threes in almost every possession while giving Chris Dudley more minutes than Marcus Camby.I doubt the Knicks would have won 20 games that season with D'antoni as their coach.

Could you have imagined D'antoni coaching the 1998-99 Knicks? He would have had Houston, Sprewell and Childs chalking up threes in almost every possession while giving Chris Dudley more minutes than Marcus Camby.I doubt the Knicks would have won 20 games that season with D'antoni as their coach.

No that team would not have worked with his running and gunning offense but I will say this.I would have loved to see what Houston, Sprewell and Childs could have done in D'antoni's offense.I wiuld take those three over the three we have in our back court now any time.

No that team would not have worked with his running and gunning offense but I will say this.I would have loved to see what Houston, Sprewell and Childs could have done in D'antoni's offense.I wiuld take those three over the three we have in our back court now any time.
    You mean in Steve Nash's offense? I doubt D'antoni would have more success with Childs as his pg than Felton who is more of a passer than Childs was.

Veteran

Right.

So if MIA was 1-1 and we lost to them then we just lost to a goddamn mediocre team.

And if we ORL was 2-3, and we played and lost, we just lost to a bunch of below-average losers.

Why not go by basketball knowledge, instincts, and logic; vs "i just go by what a record says....even if it's still mad early, not much has happened, there's tons of variance, and a super small sample record is one of the more insignificant and inaccurate ways I could measure a team's true worth"

smmfh.