When will Dolan threaten to fire D'antoni?

knicksin60

Starter
If getting embarrassed by two god awful teams in back to back games isn't enough to influence an owner to speak publicly about the terrible job that his head coach has been doing than I don't know what else could have an influence on him.

As a Knicks fan, I'm so tired and disgusted of hearing the excuses that D'antoni makes for himself and the excuses that his supporters have been making for him.A team that is nearly twice as talented as they were last year has no excuse for playing crappy basketball to teams that everyone else in the NBA has been beating.

I have a problem with Knick fans who will defend D'antoni to the very end because they don't want any negativity to take away from the Kool-Aid that they drink.What more wrong can a coach do to prove that he isn't qualified to coach a winning team?

I've said it many times before, when you can't beat teams with losing records...you yourself are either doing something the wrong way or you're just as bad as the losing teams that you play.How many teams that get into the playoffs with the 8th seed lose to bad teams on a consistent basis?

If the Knicks can't finish the first 25 games of the season with a record that is above 500 than D'antoni definitely needs to either resign or get fired.Many Knick fans did not wait 2 years to see a reenactment of the last decade.The Knicks were suppose to at least be competitive when D'antoni first took this job and all was excused when D'antoni didn't have the pieces to compete but there is no more excuses for him now that he has a roster which consists of a superstar power forward, a legit point guard, and a talented bench.

knicksin60

Starter
Once he signs on and one stars your thread

Again, I don't care about stupid thread ratings.If I cared so much about winning over people I would have become a politician.How many more times are you going to be bringing up the same thing on peoples' threads?

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
I go by what their record says even if it's still early in the season.You are what your record says you are.

KingStarbury still supports Stephon, its on record this kid don't know what hes talking about... so go figure. I just took a $hit smarter than him...

Hey KingStarbury "U Mad?" ;)

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
Either Mike Brown, Mike Woodson or Jeff Van Gundy.

I like all those choices. I wish we could have Jeff Van Gundy back tho as he was the last coach to produce for this team. After watching Larry Brown, Lenny Wilkins and now D'Antoni failing us I long for a piece of our 90's glory. Imagine if the Knicks actually ran some play and played some defense :).

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Im not wanting Mike D fired yet but if he ever was then I would love to see JVG back coaching the Knicks.That was the last time the Knicks had a great coach, great coached teams,knick teams that played defense and knick teams that knew how to win.

knicksin60

Starter
I like all those choices. I wish we could have Jeff Van Gundy back tho as he was the last coach to produce for this team. After watching Larry Brown, Lenny Wilkins and now D'Antoni failing us I long for a piece of our 90's glory. Imagine if the Knicks actually ran some play and played some defense :).

They won't win if their coach continues to emphasize three point shooting above defense.The Knicks will be finishing the season as a 10th seeded team if they wait on the three point shots to fall in for them.It has seemed like in 3 out of every 10 games that they've played in under Mike D'antoni they've had good shooting games and have lost almost 70 percent of their games due to them missing most of their shots in those games.If a coach can't find other measures to get his team to win than he is not a good coach and should be relieved of his duties.

In Van Gundy's last couple of seasons as head coach of the Knicks, he had rosters that were less talented than the one D'antoni has right now yet he found ways to win 50 games with them and take his team to the playoffs.But the D'antoni apologists are going to tell you that Van Gundy wasn't a winning coach because he never was able to go deep into the playoffs a few times.

Last edited:

knicksin60

Starter
Im not wanting Mike D fired yet but if he ever was then I would love to see JVG back coaching the Knicks.That was the last time the Knicks had a great coach, great coached teams,knick teams that played defense and knick teams that knew how to win.

Could you have imagined D'antoni coaching the 1998-99 Knicks? He would have had Houston, Sprewell and Childs chalking up threes in almost every possession while giving Chris Dudley more minutes than Marcus Camby.I doubt the Knicks would have won 20 games that season with D'antoni as their coach.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Could you have imagined D'antoni coaching the 1998-99 Knicks? He would have had Houston, Sprewell and Childs chalking up threes in almost every possession while giving Chris Dudley more minutes than Marcus Camby.I doubt the Knicks would have won 20 games that season with D'antoni as their coach.

No that team would not have worked with his running and gunning offense but I will say this.I would have loved to see what Houston, Sprewell and Childs could have done in D'antoni's offense.I wiuld take those three over the three we have in our back court now any time.

knicksin60

Starter
No that team would not have worked with his running and gunning offense but I will say this.I would have loved to see what Houston, Sprewell and Childs could have done in D'antoni's offense.I wiuld take those three over the three we have in our back court now any time.

You mean in Steve Nash's offense? I doubt D'antoni would have more success with Childs as his pg than Felton who is more of a passer than Childs was.

iSaYughh

Starter
I go by what their record says even if it's still early in the season.You are what your record says you are.

Right.

So if MIA was 1-1 and we lost to them then we just lost to a goddamn mediocre team.

And if we ORL was 2-3, and we played and lost, we just lost to a bunch of below-average losers.

Why not go by basketball knowledge, instincts, and logic; vs "i just go by what a record says....even if it's still mad early, not much has happened, there's tons of variance, and a super small sample record is one of the more insignificant and inaccurate ways I could measure a team's true worth"

:alert: smmfh.

After hearing about his weaknesses and then seeing them for yourself after the facts have been layed down...You have to be a real dumb ass (or dickhead) if you are still defending this coach, straight up.

Are you going to make excuses for him the whole freaking year? call it how you see it and stop fronting, real talk.

nyk_nyk

All Star
If getting embarrassed by two god awful teams in back to back games isn't enough to influence an owner to speak publicly about the terrible job that his head coach has been doing than I don't know what else could have an influence on him.

As a Knicks fan, I'm so tired and disgusted of hearing the excuses that D'antoni makes for himself and the excuses that his supporters have been making for him.A team that is nearly twice as talented as they were last year has no excuse for playing crappy basketball to teams that everyone else in the NBA has been beating.

I have a problem with Knick fans who will defend D'antoni to the very end because they don't want any negativity to take away from the Kool-Aid that they drink.What more wrong can a coach do to prove that he isn't qualified to coach a winning team?

I've said it many times before, when you can't beat teams with losing records...you yourself are either doing something the wrong way or you're just as bad as the losing teams that you play.How many teams that get into the playoffs with the 8th seed lose to bad teams on a consistent basis?

If the Knicks can't finish the first 25 games of the season with a record that is above 500 than D'antoni definitely needs to either resign or get fired.Many Knick fans did not wait 2 years to see a reenactment of the last decade.The Knicks were suppose to at least be competitive when D'antoni first took this job and all was excused when D'antoni didn't have the pieces to compete but there is no more excuses for him now that he has a roster which consists of a superstar power forward, a legit point guard, and a talented bench.

Don't know if you saw it but during the post game show Malik Rose kind of got at Dantoni for saying that the reason they couldn't get back in the game is because they couldn't hit shots. Rose said he was disturbed by what coach said because you have to get stops before you worry about hitting shots. He said it makes no sense if your scoring and still allowing the other team to score... its counter productive. This once again proves Dantoni's frame of mind and why they take silly 3 pointers when they should be working the paint to get FTs. You guys already know i'm not a huge Dant fan anyway.

iSaYughh

Starter
After hearing about his weaknesses and then seeing them for yourself after the facts have been layed down...You have to be a real dumb ass (or dickhead) if you are still defending this coach, straight up.

Are you going to make excuses for him the whole freaking year? call it how you see it and stop fronting, real talk.

Yes. I expected this team to juggernaut its way to a 50+ win season, and the fact we basically look like a ~500 club, still working through the kinks of new players and young players, makes me goddamn sick of this D'AM'phony celebrity coach we have.

:smokin:

Seams like people just don't like D'ant...his style...and the Knick he is most closely tethered to (Gallo), above anything else. Which is OK.

Except even when we were winning this year, the same complaints were heard. When our defense was beasting, it was the same rhetoric about No-D Antoni.

And now we are backing up sweeping statements on players/coaches/teams....with things like "the record IS what you ARE and thats THAT", a small handful of games into an NBA season. This isn't the nfl, and even then it's a weak backbone for such an argument.

Forgive me on not breaking out a jig in feeling it's some wise decision to have our GM send out a public threat and condemnation to our coach. lol....

Pre-season, most everyone...including the wolf pack with rabies...agreed we'd be a pretty undeniable success if we fought through the season, didn't fold to big teams and big games...and were there tooth and nail for a playoff spot with a solid record, or made the playoffs.

All of that is currently well within our current realm and trajectory.

Give it to the break to start breaking out the Fire This Bitch threats. He's shaping up an extremely young, extremely new roster...and there's a lot of shit to be positive about this year, AS WELL AS the negatives.

KingCharles34

All Star

I'd have to disagree with that...I dont care if they start 2 and 8.

KingStarbury still supports Stephon, its on record this kid don't know what hes talking about... so go figure. I just took a $hit smarter than him...

Hey KingStarbury "U Mad?" ;)

So u think the Bucks are "god awful"?

I have a record of not knowing what Im talking about?

*shrugs*

at least i have a record

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
You are a Marbury supporter that is your record... bring up a single post of mine where I say something outrageous or don't back it up logically. Your a clown, the fact you give everybody's thread 1 star and neg reps (punk moves) cuz they make you feel stupid attests that you sir are the angry hater. I didn't even address you, ya starbury homer... you fired at me first. You didn't expect me to fire back and expose you as a troll and a crybaby? Thats YOUR record and I never said the bucks were "god awful," you don't read do you? Sorry to everybody else for wasting your time as other than this moron most people on here are reasonable people and I am not fond of putting others down.

Last edited: