After Lee's Tribute, Amare will sh*t on him....Warriors Knicks Game Thread

tiger0330

Legend
Liked the fight of the team coming back from 19 even though it was a loss. LOL at D'Antoni when he's mic'ed up, "you do what you do" encouraging his bricklayers to take those 3s.

KingCharles34

All Star
I think its gonna take a month or two before this team gels properly. And i keep sayin it, we need azubuike back. Hes a legit starting 2 guard

The biggest problem tonight was defense...interior defense, to be specific. I think we woulda had this game if Ron Ron played

iJoe

Rotation player
He tried his betht, it juthst wasnt enouth.

:jump::jump:

If we had made just one or two more 3s we could have won.... just a bad shooting night again. I'm not saying we should have taken that many, but we're not gonna shoot that bad every night.

Amare was clearly tired on those clanked free throws. The team played with very low energy in the beginning and thats my biggest concern. I like how Felton single handedly pumped life into the team, but he was a little out of control.

You can tell that we really missed Turiaf's energy and defense. Hes been the Knicks best+ - player. We're just better with him on the floor.

iSaYughh

Starter
Liked the fight of the team coming back from 19 even though it was a loss. LOL at D'Antoni when he's mic'ed up, "you do what you do" encouraging his bricklayers to take those 3s.

LOL bricklayers. Seriously, I loved our fight. Loved Gallo's efficiency, diversity, passing, and slashing.

We did it all to come back, make the big D plays, and take control.

Then after a timeout Wilson HEAVES a brick, followed by Gallo (though especially Gallo's was open).

But then, our next TO...50s....we leave the huddle and literally...hurl the ball.to Gallo who heaves a disgustingly CONTESTED 3ball.

Wtf was said during those huddles. Let alone the plays drawn up.

Our players played valiently, on both sides, STAT choking those key FTs toward the end notwithstanding.

Goddamn this would have been a nice win for our Knicks. We unraveled in the waning minute, immediately following timeouts.

KingCharles34

All Star
Even though stat missed the free throws and had 6 turnovers i dont blame him at all for us losing. I blame the team for not playing defense. We have too many players that play in spurts...like Gallo will play real good for a few minutes then do nothing for a while. Its not just him. And we dont seem to have any players on this team that aint turnover prone. Its a completely new team and I think some of these things will get better as time goes by but the defense should be better and our wing players need to attack the hoop more instead of taking 3's

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Even though stat missed the free throws and had 6 turnovers i dont blame him at all for us losing. I blame the team for not playing defense. We have too many players that play in spurts...like Gallo will play real good for a few minutes then do nothing for a while. Its not just him. And we dont seem to have any players on this team that aint turnover prone. Its a completely new team and I think some of these things will get better as time goes by but the defense should be better and our wing players need to attack the hoop more instead of taking 3's

Stat,gets alot of blame for this lost b/c of his DEFENSE!! The Knicks front court sucked tonight with their interior defense.Im interested to find out which front court player will get the blame now that you can't blame D Lee no more.

Great game by D Lee like always!!

KingCharles34

All Star
Stat,gets alot of blame for this lost b/c of his DEFENSE!! The Knicks front court sucked tonight with their interior defense.Im interested to find out which front court player will get the blame now that you can't blame D Lee no more.

If u wanna call every individual out thats cool but i blame the team. The frontcourt did suck but the backcourt wasnt real strong either. The Warriors were gettin in the paint alot and scoring which means the frontline (or the frontcourt) wasnt doing there job either. Im not a stat stan but at least he was efficient on offense (except his turnovers) and got to the free throw line 15 times. He also had 10 rebounds and 3 steals. I cant blame him individually, as a team our fukkin defense has been sh*t since we beat the bulls and wiz. Both stat and Lee are weak defenders but Lee is worse.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
If u wanna call every individual out thats cool but i blame the team. The frontcourt did suck but the backcourt wasnt real strong either. The Warriors were gettin in the paint alot and scoring which means the frontline (or the frontcourt) wasnt doing there job either. Im not a stat stan but at least he was efficient on offense (except his turnovers) and got to the free throw line 15 times. He also had 10 rebounds and 3 steals. I cant blame him individually, as a team our fukkin defense has been sh*t since we beat the bulls and wiz. Both stat and Lee are weak defenders but Lee is worse.

I agree the whole team sucked tonight and all year for that matter.Its been this way for a decade it seems like.When some of you guys was putting all the blame on just D Lee when he played here.. I said it over and over that its not just Dlee's fault b/c theres nobody on this team can play defense.Now that DLee is gone the defense still sucks and it goes to show us like you said its the whole teams fault b/c none of them still can't play any defense at all.

petescud

Starter
Missed the game tonight...Sounds like I missed nothing though. How did we beat the Bulls and then play like shit next few games. I know we shot well that game. But is this out destiny, that if we aren't "Lights Out:" we lose. Someone please help us

stuntmanmike

Benchwarmer
was surprized moz went to the bench instead of gallo... gallo sucks. stat can't play center in the east on defense. so i guess this means we are going to be running and chucking .... zaaawhoooooopeeeefuknnnnndoooooooooooooo get ready to start arguing about who we draft.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee

Think about it. Ronnie's absence denied us any foul flexibility with our bigs. Especially after STAT picked up his second foul with 8 minutes left in the first.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Warriors are a tough team, but the Knicks let them get those leads. Anybody notice Gallo's shots didn't have the usual ark? And what the heck was up with that three in the last minute that he took?

We should get in the paint more often even if we have to force it a little from time to time just to get used to attacking. We shouldn't have to force anything, but they've been jacking so many threes I don't know how quickly they could adjust.

David Lee had a great game. I hope this proved to people that his stats weren't inflated and is a good consistent player with high basketball IQ. It was great to see Amar'e and Lee bring out their best in this game.

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
1-3 at home to start of the season, just when it seemed like this team had some good karma going for it we throw away three games in a row and 2 on our home court. I cannot take all these 3 point shots, its like I'm watching a college game or something. As for now consider my interest in this team on life support as the Knicks have not delivered. Don't wake me until D'Antoni is fired or we get Melo ;).

mafra

Legend
Knicks go 7-31 from 3-point range. Warriors go 5-10. They make 2 less threes, on 21 fewer attempts.

5 of Gallo's 9 shots were 3s. Douglas shot 7 3s of his 12 attempts. Chandler took 20 shots, 10 were from downtown.

COME ON FOLKS.

Especially Chandler and Douglas. These two can create shots on their own. If both these players cut their 3 attempts in half, and instead take higher pct shots.... Hit one each.... Knicks win the game.

Chandler made 4 of 10. Sure. But WC should not be shooting 10 3s in a single game.

Douglas should realize when he's cold, and take an easier shot.

This is getting out of hand.

Have to blame the coach for allowing this.

Gallo again was way too passive early. He's too corncerned about contact. He has to understand he's not going to get cals, so prepare/expect contact and deal with it. He had a somewhat well-balanced game. Chandler was very good.

STAT was 14-14 from free throw line when he gets fouled with 30 seconds left, Knicks down 3. He choked and clanked both off the front rim.

This game was lost with Knicks down 1 and we reverted back to shooting 3s. LET STAT WORK DOWN IN THE BLOCKS.

Felton-Stat failed to win this game for us. Where is the pick and roll?

Kiyaman

Legend
Happy to see Lee doing well, but our coaching have to go

We dont have "one design team-offensive play" we use regular or can count on,
whether its a pick n roll or screen n pick play for a open 3-ball shot (what are
we doing as a team in practice?). Our clumsy turn overs lead to GS taking a 19
point lead in the 3rd qtr, our 15-0 run was a nice come back from individual
one on one plays (where is the team offensive coach?).
I didnt understand the scheme or strategy late in the game being down by 4
points twice (with 4 minutes left and with 1 minute left) and we take 3-ball
shots on every offensive possesion vs the Golden State Warriors ......
For practically a decade or as long as I can remember the GSW oponents took
the ball to the glass at the start of the 4th quarter for the win......what
happen? was Amare & Felton afraid to go inside of the tooth-fairy land in crunchtime

P.S. Mozgov had better headcoaches in the Euro League, and in the Fiba game
tournament which work 3 different type of successful offensive plays for Mosgov.
Our headcoach has not design one offensive play for Mozgov in 7 games.
The Knicks wouldve been rebuilding a winning team this offseason when they
had Amare & Felton committed on July 9th, if they wouldve resign David Lee
as a Keeper. Amare wouldve been worth every penny of the $100M pot.
Both Amare/Lee have great talent in the F/C position. Signing a cheap big
shotblocking-intimidator wouldve been easy to find in the FA market this
summer to put in the frontcourt rotation with Amare & Lee.
Will the applause for David Lee's return to MSG take alot of points away from
Walsh in his relationship with Dolan???

quiggle

Starter
max contract for a player who can't make the fundamental hit some free throws to help bring the team closer back.

funny how not only they give max to Carsares when he hasn't proven anything for the Knicks, but to name him as a co-captain when it's starting to sound like a broken record him saying the team didn't bring the effort again. no fire.