After Lee's Tribute, Amare will sh*t on him....Warriors Knicks Game Thread

mafra

Legend
max contract for a player who can't make the fundamental hit some free throws to help bring the team closer back.

funny how not only they give max to Carsares when he hasn't proven anything for the Knicks, but to name him as a co-captain when it's starting to sound like a broken record him saying the team didn't bring the effort again. no fire.

Cut STAT some slack. He's embraced the role of leader, and is trying his darndest to live up to expectations. He was 14-14 from the free throw line, and scored 33 points on 15 shots. He's the reason we were even close.

Sure, he clanked both free throws off the front rim, but when he swished that 3-pointer he more than made up for choking. Give him that.

It's his first 8 games, and he's trying WAY TOO HARD. I don't mind that. The effort and will is there. BBALL is all about rhythm and being in a groove, that only comes with time. He has almost no help. Knicks do not have one guard on the team that makes life easier for anyone else.

The coach deserves all the blame. STAT should've had 60 points. He should have been given the ball every possession. To sit there while TD chucks up (and misses) SEVEN 3-pointers? Insane.

elcol

Rotation player
Cut STAT some slack. He's embraced the role of leader, and is trying his darndest to live up to expectations. He was 14-14 from the free throw line, and scored 33 points on 15 shots. He's the reason we were even close.

Sure, he clanked both free throws off the front rim, but when he swished that 3-pointer he more than made up for choking. Give him that.

It's his first 8 games, and he's trying WAY TOO HARD. I don't mind that. The effort and will is there. BBALL is all about rhythm and being in a groove, that only comes with time. He has almost no help. Knicks do not have one guard on the team that makes life easier for anyone else.

The coach deserves all the blame. STAT should've had 60 points. He should have been given the ball every possession. To sit there while TD chucks up (and misses) SEVEN 3-pointers? Insane.

tell me when STAT stops turning the ball over, making him as useless as DLEE's defence when he does. someone make him do some ball handling drills or smt..

mafra

Legend
tell me when STAT stops turning the ball over, making him as useless as DLEE's defence when he does. someone make him do some ball handling drills or smt..

Blame this on Felton. Most bigs need guards to get them the ball. If we're forced to run isolation plays for STAT, this is going to happen. 4.5 per game is terrible indeed, but this is sort of the fault of Walsh for not signing a p-&-r PG (Ridnour).

iSaYughh

Starter
I knew Lee was going to have a good game. This lost is going to stir up the nest 4sure. Dolan was highly pissed off.

I think the chopping block will be out soon enough...

It was surreal watching Lee get to the line after Amare bricked his ft's.

Lee made 1/2, but it's almost beside the point.

When Amare was at the line, I sensed and saw tightness, and felt insecure as fan. When he bricked, I was horrified, but not terribly surprised.

When Lee got to the line, you saw composure, and it almost felt like money in the bank.

Granted, Amare still had a very nice game, and is certainly a better player. But it certainly muddies the clarity in the conviction that Amare 100M >>>>> Lee 80M or whatever it would have been. And no matter could be a growing PR nightmare.

Also, already the talk of the town is that Amare is more a "2", and needs a "dominant" player to play alongside.

The main reason Lee was abandoned as so, was because he was supposed to be so inferior to Amare in being able to lead and command that type of status.

Now, Amare "needs" the very same type of player Lee "needed". And albeit, Lee was -- and is -- always thought to be the "pure 2" to be a masterful compliment to a "1".

CoolClyde

The Return of the Beast

all the DLEE doubters, who said his double-double prowess was based on the SSOL can suck it. DLEE is now in his prime and one of the smartest basketball players in the league. Knicks mgmt blew it not offering him multi-year deal 2 years ago. He sounded pretty ticked off about Knicks not even offering him less money to stay with team. According to Walsh and 'Antoni, Knicks had to "fill out" team instead of resigning LEE. Seems to me they still need a center, which DLEE AND STAT are capable of playing. Just think, if Knicks chose PG Jennings instead of Jordan Hill, and C Brook Lopez instead of Gallo, we'd be an entirely different team, with different needs. But NOOOOOOOO. we had to spend money on Feltip and Moscow to fill those positions, with more or less same money we'd have spent to retain DLEE. I hate 'Antoni's smiling face when discussing all the mistakes they've made. Our defense still blows, giving up 122 points is not going to win games. Perhaps Bony Tufiaf could have made a difference this game, who knows? Too much Gallo to start and end game, not enough Laundry Folding. If Knicks weren't spectacular at FT line most of game, we'd have been out of it long before. Seeing DLEE outperform entire team just made me sick.

"Just do what you do" - same thing 'Antoni said to N8.
He's no coach, he's a shitstache egomaniac loser.
you know we suck.
nyk_wesuck.jpg

When Amare was at the line, I sensed and saw tightness, and felt insecure as fan. When he bricked, I was horrified, but not terribly surprised.

When Lee got to the line, you saw composure, and it almost felt like money in the bank.

Granted, Amare still had a very nice game, and is certainly a better player. But it certainly muddies the clarity in the conviction that Amare 100M >>>>> Lee 80M or whatever it would have been. And no matter could be a growing PR nightmare.

Also, already the talk of the town is that Amare is more a "2", and needs a "dominant" player to play alongside.

The main reason Lee was abandoned as so, was because he was supposed to be so inferior to Amare in being able to lead and command that type of status.

Now, Amare "needs" the very same type of player Lee "needed". And albeit, Lee was -- and is -- always thought to be the "pure 2" to be a masterful compliment to a "1".

I hear ya...
Maybe we should have gotten Steve Austin, he was only worth 1 Million. Money hardly gets you quality anymore...

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
all the DLEE doubters, who said his double-double prowess was based on the SSOL can suck it. DLEE is now in his prime and one of the smartest basketball players in the league. Knicks mgmt blew it not offering him multi-year deal 2 years ago. He sounded pretty ticked off about Knicks not even offering him less money to stay with team. According to Walsh and 'Antoni, Knicks had to "fill out" team instead of resigning LEE. Seems to me they still need a center, which DLEE AND STAT are capable of playing. Just think, if Knicks chose PG Jennings instead of Jordan Hill, and C Brook Lopez instead of Gallo, we'd be an entirely different team, with different needs. But NOOOOOOOO. we had to spend money on Feltip and Moscow to fill those positions, with more or less same money we'd have spent to retain DLEE. I hate 'Antoni's smiling face when discussing all the mistakes they've made. Our defense still blows, giving up 122 points is not going to win games. Perhaps Bony Tufiaf could have made a difference this game, who knows? Too much Gallo to start and end game, not enough Laundry Folding. If Knicks weren't spectacular at FT line most of game, we'd have been out of it long before. Seeing DLEE outperform entire team just made me sick.

"Just do what you do" - same thing 'Antoni said to N8.
He's no coach, he's a shitstache egomaniac loser.
you know we suck.
nyk_wesuck.jpg

Thank you thank you thank you! somebody finally see's and understands why we should have kept Lee.The knicks screwed up on this one big time and after lastnights performance I hope they now realise that.DLEE was worth every bit of that money imo and im glad he got it.He wanted to be in NY and after watching him get teary eyed last night I think he still wants to be here.After I seen we was going to lose it was kind of sweet watching Dlee knock down that ft to win the game just to rub it in the NY front office's face.I'll never get over not signing Lee back and trading him away for players that will take three to four more years for us to even see how good they are. The knicks screwed up on this one big time!!!

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Aside from one or two blocks per game, taking a charge or two, can someone honestly tell me why Amar'e is BETTER than Lee? Just because Lee isn't the explosive force Amar'e is doesn't make him better. imo, Lee is the better offensive player. Just smooth.

This is not to say Amar'e might not be more positively effected for this team. He's good. 100 million is too much.

I like Amar'e. I'm not mad this all went down cause I support Amar'e and he might turn it around big time (hopefully earning that money), I just don't see why people got so excited by him alone.

Last edited:

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Aside from one or two blocks per game, taking a charge or two, can someone honestly tell me why Amar'e is BETTER than Lee? Just because Lee isn't the explosive force Amar'e is doesn't make him better. imo, Lee is the better offensive player. Just smooth.

This is not to say Amar'e might not be more positively effected for this team. He's good. 100 million is too much.

I like Amar'e. I'm not mad this all went down cause I support Amar'e and he might turn it around big time (hopefully earning that money), I just don't see why people got so excited by him alone.

Two Words: Impact Points

Blas

Benchwarmer
Lee has someone called Ellis and Curry to make him better. Those two are such an insane threat everyone has to focus on them.

STAT has *crickets*.

mafra

Legend

Have to be fair man.... A lot easier to ice a game, hit the free throws when your team has the lead already, then drain a pair when you need both to tie. WE'VE ALL SEEN DLEE miss his fair share of 4th quarter free throws.

AND.... STAT swished the three-pointer moments later that sort of made those missed free throws a mute point, right?

STAT is the more dominating offensive force. He's also more of a leader. It's not even close. Lee is the better rebounder, and probably the safer bet to stay healthy throughout the life of the contract.

BUT, the reality is which would you prefer:

STAT, Randolph, Turiaf, Azubuike
or
David Lee

I like Lee. I think it's cool he gets to play with Curry. It's practically the dream duo we almost had here in NY.

But I bet if you poll NBA PF's around the NBA, they would prefer to go up against DLEE than AMAR'E.

iSaYughh

Starter
Have to be fair man.... A lot easier to ice a game, hit the free throws when your team has the lead already, then drain a pair when you need both to tie. WE'VE ALL SEEN DLEE miss his fair share of 4th quarter free throws.

AND.... STAT swished the three-pointer moments later that sort of made those missed free throws a mute point, right?

STAT is the more dominating offensive force. He's also more of a leader. It's not even close. Lee is the better rebounder, and probably the safer bet to stay healthy throughout the life of the contract.

BUT, the reality is which would you prefer:

STAT, Randolph, Turiaf, Azubuike
or
David Lee

I like Lee. I think it's cool he gets to play with Curry. It's practically the dream duo we almost had here in NY.

But I bet if you poll NBA PF's around the NBA, they would prefer to go up against DLEE than AMAR'E.

Can't say I disagree with any of this. BUT, we were fed how much more DOMINANT Amare is...so much more of a ONE...a different class from Lee.

Now its Amare NEEDS a BETTER PG than the man we spent bucks on to IMPROVE upon Duhon. Or he NEEDS a "1" himself!

Cmon..this was the same mantra with Lee. We gave STAT, the older more injury prone player 20M+ more than Lee so shit like this wouldn't be getting discussed...

And now its Lee is thriving off of Steph-C??? SMH. I thought his beefy numbers last year was because Duhound & Co. were so BAD...

Lee was what he was. That's clarity, and clarity lays the foundation for success.

And anyways, all this talk of we need more FACILITATORS...a true number 1....doesn't it seem like Lee fits that complimentary bill to perfection?

mafra

Legend
Can't say I disagree with any of this. BUT, we were fed how much more DOMINANT Amare is...so much more of a ONE...a different class from Lee.

Now its Amare NEEDS a BETTER PG than the man we spent bucks on to IMPROVE upon Duhon. Or he NEEDS a "1" himself!

Cmon..this was the same mantra with Lee. We gave STAT, the older more injury prone player 20M+ more than Lee so shit like this wouldn't be getting discussed...

And now its Lee is thriving off of Steph-C??? SMH. I thought his beefy numbers last year was because Duhound & Co. were so BAD...

Lee was what he was. That's clarity, and clarity lays the foundation for success.

And anyways, all this talk of we need more FACILITATORS...a true number 1....doesn't it seem like Lee fits that complimentary bill to perfection?

Hey man.... even Ewing proved you can't win it all with just a BIG. Lee was good, Amar'e is better, and Ewing was a HOF player.

You don't hear Chris Paul raising his glass to toast Melo saying the two should join Lee in NY. He said they should join forces with STAT.

STAT proved how dominating he could be in the playoffs last year vs LAKERS. Would Lee do that if he played with PHO? Maybe. Maybe not. BUt you saw STAT do it.

Plus Lee never wanted to be a leader. Isn't his thing.

Sure, the contract favors Lee. Less risk. And STAT isn't light years ahead of him. But with STAT also comes Turiaf, Randolph and Azu. And those 4 are better than just having Lee. MUCH BETTER. So be fair when you compare.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player

I agree completely with you on this! Theres no use for other people to bring up excuses for Stat by saying he needs more help around him when Dlee played with the same guys and dominated.Lee showed everynight just how good he really is with the numbers he put up every game with those same players.Stat on the other hand has not done that great at all imo.His stats isn't that good at all plus his turnovers are way to high.It might change but right now Stat has been a dissapointment and I would take Lee at this point over Stat.