Is Mike D serious???

Paul1355

All Star
Knicks coach tells Fields to give Amar'e room
New York Post - November 12, 2010 | November, 2010

With Landry Fields, Mike D'Antoni explained that the rookie's instinct is to be forever cutting on the offensive end. Fields is always moving.
That probably seems good. But it's not.
"He needs to cut sometimes. But he's cutting all the time. You have to understand when it is to cut and when you don't," D'Antoni said yesterday. "Because otherwise you cut right into Amar'e [Stoudemire] and you mess Amar'e up."
In looking at film of his struggling Knicks, D'Antoni sees one major issue in particular on the offensive end and one on the defensive end.
Am I on drugs right now or is Mike D critizing Fields for being the only player to actually move off the ball when everyone else just stands around and watches Amare??!!?!?? Atleast Fields hustles his ass off and gets rebounds when other playrs are picking their ass, MIke D has to be the worst coach I have ever seen.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
lmaooo yea i laughed when i read this too hahaha, i mean fields does seem to close out on amare when cutting sometimes but its nothing you should report to the media. he's trying to create space move off ball get a better shot, i think the rest of the players should watch him and learn a few things.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
no, he's right. fields is smart and savvy, but he doesn't do everything right.

coach is sending the message that everyone needs to calm down about this rookie. he ain't that good yet.

he's got alota room for improvement too.

Paul1355

All Star
no, he's right. fields is smart and savvy, but he doesn't do everything right.

coach is sending the message that everyone needs to calm down about this rookie. he ain't that good yet.

he's got alota room for improvement too.

ron i dont know what game you watch but Fields is the ONLY player that is actually moving off the ball when Amare touches it when everyone else is just standing there and watching him....so do you move off the ball or do you watch Amare? I think the answer is what Fields is doing.

He is that good. He is the most underrated player on this team and right now is better than Gallinari because Fields is better on defense, IQ, hustle, speed, athleticism, rebounding...the only thing Gallo has over fields is the ability to stroke the outside shot but Gallo's shot is not even consistent so Fields right now on this team is very key to our success. He has to play more minutes and get involved more on offense.