View Poll Results: Is Felton the worse starting PG?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    0 0%
  • No

    0 0%
Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516 LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 234

Thread: Stat Is A Fraud

  1. #211
    SWAGABURY KingStarbury3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chinabury
    Posts
    3,313
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    At the end of the day both Negative Stat and Antoni owe 50% of their paychecks to Steve Nash

    Originally Posted by Sprewell-Houston
    I asked KnicksChick and she said you were going about as hard as Keith Van Horn. What to make of this?


    Just kidding bro, it's all fun
    Haha well she might have been telling the truth

    Or maybe shes got something against me...I am part of team Jeffries, that could be it

  2. #212
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,017
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    D'Antoni owes Nash 90% of his paycheck.

  3. #213
    SWAGABURY KingStarbury3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chinabury
    Posts
    3,313
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    ^ I agree...Nash was the offensive genius that made that team go. They were lucky to have defensive players like Raja bell, the matrix, kurt thomas, q-rich, diaw, and whoever else. Its a damn shame that Stat never had a coach who could team him how to play defense

  4. #214
    Veteran Sprewell-Houston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Germany/Mount Vernon NY
    Posts
    1,357
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    Originally Posted by KingStarbury3
    ^ I agree...Nash was the offensive genius that made that team go. They were lucky to have defensive players like Raja bell, the matrix, kurt thomas, q-rich, diaw, and whoever else. Its a damn shame that Stat never had a coach who could team him how to play defense
    D'Antoni's record without Nash:

    98-99 Denver: 14-36 .280 - FIRED
    03-04 Phoenix: 21-40 .344
    08-09 New York: 32-50 .390
    09-10 New York: 29-53 .354
    10-11 New York: 42-40 .512

    Conclusion: Without Nash our genius head coach had ONE!!! season in his career where he actually achieve an above 0.400 record! That's right guys, one season with an above 0.400 record.

    And it's not like his teams were bad or something those 2 years in Denver and Phoenix, in Denver he had players like Billups, a prime McDyess, Van Exel, Eric Williams etc.

    In Phoenix he had Marbury, Stoudemire, Barbosa, Penny Hardaway, Joe Johnson, Shawn Marion, Brevin Knight etc.

    Our coach sucks without Nash and it's a mystery to me why our front office signed him. His record is horrible without Nash!

  5. #215
    replier
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    105
    Rep Power
    0

    Default Their still a handfull of team would love to have Amare

    Wizards Jazz Rockets Celtics.

    I know fags hate to see scenario.

    But I curious to know why beside Howard trade scenario has his name has not come up in more trade ideas.

    Is BD really going to be the savior and revive Stat, Be realistic.

    trade the freakin guy already and fire this soft coach MDA

  6. #216
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    16
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    What is wrong with you people?

    Last year Stat was A MVP canidate? Now you want to trade him? This is like Patrick Ewing all over again.

    It's not just Stat that is playing bad, the WHOLE team is playing bad. It really isn't this hard as some of you are making it out to be. This team DOES NOT HAVE A POINT Guard. It is just that simple. I am not saying Baron Davis will be the savior. I am saying, being a .500 team is pretty good considering there IS NO point guard playing.

    I don't think Shumpert has ever played point at any point in his career. He is a rookie and trying to do too much and it will be a learning experiance for the time being. Oh and Mike Bibby sucks, as you can see he is just a temporary fix for THIS YEAR. Accept it!

    This is STILL a work in progress. It will be at least 2 more years before the Knicks are contending again. Until then, just enjoy the ride!!!!

    This is not rocket science. WORK in Progress just like it was when Walsh stepped in.





    PS- Is there any other team in the NBA that doesnt have a PG? Point proven. Were lucky the Knicks have been as good as they been this year thus far.

  7. #217
    SWAGABURY KingStarbury3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chinabury
    Posts
    3,313
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Originally Posted by madsqgardensnyk
    What is wrong with you people?

    Last year Stat was A MVP canidate? Now you want to trade him? This is like Patrick Ewing all over again.

    It's not just Stat that is playing bad, the WHOLE team is playing bad. It really isn't this hard as some of you are making it out to be. This team DOES NOT HAVE A POINT Guard. It is just that simple. I am not saying Baron Davis will be the savior. I am saying, being a .500 team is pretty good considering there IS NO point guard playing.

    I don't think Shumpert has ever played point at any point in his career. He is a rookie and trying to do too much and it will be a learning experiance for the time being. Oh and Mike Bibby sucks, as you can see he is just a temporary fix for THIS YEAR. Accept it!

    This is STILL a work in progress. It will be at least 2 more years before the Knicks are contending again. Until then, just enjoy the ride!!!!

    This is not rocket science. WORK in Progress just like it was when Walsh stepped in.





    PS- Is there any other team in the NBA that doesnt have a PG? Point proven. Were lucky the Knicks have been as good as they been this year thus far.
    *dead*



  8. #218
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,017
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Originally Posted by madsqgardensnyk
    What is wrong with you people?

    Last year Stat was A MVP canidate? Now you want to trade him? This is like Patrick Ewing all over again.

    It's not just Stat that is playing bad, the WHOLE team is playing bad. It really isn't this hard as some of you are making it out to be. This team DOES NOT HAVE A POINT Guard. It is just that simple. I am not saying Baron Davis will be the savior. I am saying, being a .500 team is pretty good considering there IS NO point guard playing.

    I don't think Shumpert has ever played point at any point in his career. He is a rookie and trying to do too much and it will be a learning experiance for the time being. Oh and Mike Bibby sucks, as you can see he is just a temporary fix for THIS YEAR. Accept it!

    This is STILL a work in progress. It will be at least 2 more years before the Knicks are contending again. Until then, just enjoy the ride!!!!

    This is not rocket science. WORK in Progress just like it was when Walsh stepped in.





    PS- Is there any other team in the NBA that doesnt have a PG? Point proven. Were lucky the Knicks have been as good as they been this year thus far.
    And what's stopping Amar'e from putting effort in?

    One of the answers to this question is not the coach.

  9. #219
    Superstar pat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    903
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    I am not from the States, was in NY only for a few days, bought a f'n expensive ticket only to see STAT sitting on the bench with foul trouble throughout the Orlando game. However there was his strech in the the fourth during which he was rolling...
    ... Until Melo got back into the game. I appreciate the effort he obviously put in in the last game. Nevertheless he has to stop trying to win it on his own. It's not going to work. Of course we haven't got a point guard -- which is a huge part of the problem -- but the moment when they passed the rock, Jeffries looked like a decent offense player. Also it is no wonder that Melo is totally banged up. With that kind season and his style of play he is going to be a depleted vulcano come April. On top of that Amare cannot develop any rhythm whatsoever, which brings me directly back to the purpose of the thread. If you trade him you might be in for an unpleasant surprise.

  10. #220
    Fundamentally Sound ronoranina's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,758
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    D'Antoni owes Nash 90% of his paycheck.
    Your statement is too simplistic. The Suns still run MDA's offense and Nash's best years were with him. I think Nash thrives in his uptempo system. He really, really thrived in the system coupled with MDA's coaching.

  11. #221
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    4,017
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Originally Posted by ronoranina
    Your statement is too simplistic. The Suns still run MDA's offense and Nash's best years were with him. I think Nash thrives in his uptempo system. He really, really thrived in the system coupled with MDA's coaching.
    Well the 10% percent is simply for allowing him to play that style and every coach after that knows that that style works for Nash. Regardless, Nash is amazing with or without D'Antoni. Whether or not Nash would be this great in another system, I don't know, but it's quite clear Nash would still be a premiere PG either way. His shooting, vision, and passing is off the charts.

  12. #222
    SWAGABURY KingStarbury3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chinabury
    Posts
    3,313
    Rep Power
    21

    Default


  13. #223
    Superstar orangeblobman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    856
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    It proves Melo can't play with anyone else (we call this 'basketball'), Melo can't play basketball, he can just shoot and drop buckets for himself.

    Wack sauce.

  14. #224
    ★Melo Mafia★ NY17KNICKS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Hudson,FL *Orig* New York
    Posts
    2,740
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    You have got to be the ****tiest Melo hater on here.
    Metro had a real argument, he brought facts.
    The others hated Melo because he went 4-38.

    Your gonna come in here and say Melo can't play basketball?
    Guy please don't call him Melo, call him Mr.Anthony because your obviously a child.

  15. #225
    SWAGABURY KingStarbury3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chinabury
    Posts
    3,313
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    Perhaps Amare disrupted the chemistry Melo had going with the rest of the team. Either way, Stats the reason why we're gonna lose Novak and Smith after this year

    Novak + Smith + another player > Stats 3 years, 60 milli he has left after this year

Similar Threads

  1. Felton Or Jennings? Randolph Or Hill? Lee Or Stat?
    By Crazy⑧s in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: Dec 14, 2010, 09:23
  2. STAT Summary.
    By Crazy⑧s in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: Oct 25, 2010, 16:03
  3. Replies: 7
    Last Post: Oct 14, 2010, 05:14
  4. Stat by Stat analysis of our 2010 Knicks
    By smokes in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: Jul 11, 2010, 15:37
  5. should the Knicks trade for STAT now?
    By quiggle in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 62
    Last Post: Feb 10, 2009, 18:33

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •