Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
100Million for 21/8

or 60million for 16/11

Lee gets payed close to $80M for 6 years and still doesn't get double teamed.

STAT scores 6 more points, gets 2 more blocks, shoots higher FT% and all in all plays better all around defence. Their passing games, to my surprise, are on par.

That and Stoudemire is being misused by a complete tit in D'Antoni.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
You're right, but David Lee is a better one on one player than Amar'e.

Not even close. Look David Lee is a good player. STAT is a GREAT player. Watch a Warriors game. Lee is never double or triple teamed. Watch clips from the last 2 years. Same instance. Now watch footage of STAT now and he has 3-4 defenders eying him every time he looks at or touches the ball. The guy still tries to dribble through that shit. Looks STAT needs to step up. He needs to be more efficient. But he is the star we've never had since Ewing. We need to get STAT help.

Btw I hate the way Gallo is being utilized. It's like D'ant tells him to just stand behind the 3 pt line and do nothing for "spacing".

Speak3asy

Benchwarmer
This thread is the very reason New York is a tough town to play ANY sport in.

I guess so because people go absolutely batshit when we don't win every frigging game or lose by like 4-5 everytime we play. I can't speak or defend Mike as the coach because his lack of flexiblity is probably hurting the sqaud, but I seriously don't know what people were expecting here. It is the start of the season and sure we lost some games we should have either won or played better in, but bottom line is we still have an excellent chance to turn this around.

I mean ffs people flip the **** out on here like we have lost every single game. I knew this might happen as we completely retooled the team and you can't do that without expecting some growing pains and hard times. There is no magical cure for a winning team. The celts did this, but there were vets who came in and knew they would bow down and play with Paul as the main guy. They were a hubble bunch. Look at Miami everyone thought right from the start it was over, but they look out of sorts. Same with us after totally stripping the starting 5 with one remaining starter in place while the other 4 came from other teams. Just relax guys.

Maybe the coach is not right for us, but the personnal we have is a good fit for what we can do in the future. They are young and we have a star down low who demands attention. For now it is a step in the right direction.

Speak3asy

Benchwarmer
no they are worth it, maybe amare not for max money but MIke D just uses them the wrong way

I agree wholeheartedly. This team is not a 3 pt shooting dynamo. It is a drive to the bucket mid range team. They are a bunch of physcial guys who are being utlized wrong. I mean Mike has either got to make a change tactically or just leave. I was neither a hater or fan boy of him, but I do want to see him try to make an adjustment. If it doesn't happen then he has got to go. This is a good solid team capable of making the playoffs.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
"Spacing"

knickzrulezH20;141934[SIZE=3 said:
].[/SIZE]

Btw I hate the way Gallo is being utilized. It's like D'ant tells him to just stand behind the 3 pt line and do nothing for "spacing".

Amen! Gallo does have to start hitting some threes, but there have been very few kick-outs from the pressured middle. Amar'e does not do a lot of passing. Other than the the pick and roll which does not feature Gallo, there are absolutely no pick plays.

Gallo took 7 shots last night -- 10 if you count the ones he got fouled on -- and only one of them was a three. Despite his camping out in a corner -- and Chandler is often on the other side -- he did not see the ball in the 4th quarter, except on a put back when the game was essentially over. Everything was being played down the middle, usually with the guy who takes the ball at half court , passing to Amar'e when he is 20 feet from the basket or chucking it up himself.

I am afraid we are in for a long year. Why should Melo be excited to come tothe Knicks?

The one good note for the year -- so far -- is Landry Fields. The kid does everything right

LJ4ptplay

Starter
This all comes down to Felton. Duhon + Lee were able to run the pick and roll almost immediately. We know Amare is a great pick and roll player. So what's the problem....Felton. He is awful. He's fast and plays decent defense but he has no passing abilities in the pick and roll.

Watch how a pick is started, Felton doesn't take his man off the screen and then the offense just stops. Felton holds the ball and hesitates passing to the open man. At this point, the ball is given to Amare (too late) as a desperation isolation play. Amare puts his head down and throws up a desperation shot or turns the ball over.

Felton needs to either make the on-time pass or drive toward the basket and either draw a foul or penetrate and kick.

Just think. For the $7 mil given to Felton, we could have signed Ridnour + Anthony Morrow (both). The system would have been flowing much better with a pick and roll PG that can shoot and a SG that can shoot. Instead we're left with neither in a system that needs both to be effective.

We're doomed as long as Felton is running the point.

***side note: Z-Bo would be better for this team as currently constructed. He rebounds and can post up. And playing along side Mozgov, Turiaf and AR would mask his defensive deficincies. Just kind of ironic we gave up Z-Bo to sign Amare***

iSaYughh

Starter
LJ, exactly.

But what does this say, yet again, about Walsh?

We signed Felton *after* STAT. We unequivocally knew what we needed.

Not to mention, of course, guard help; which we nonchalantly disregarded, yet again.

I also don't totally buy that STAT somehow *needs* some pick and roll maestro who is also an all-around starting PG caliber player. I mean, ok, maybe he does. But what does that about STAT?

LJ4ptplay

Starter
LJ, exactly.

But what does this say, yet again, about Walsh?

We signed Felton *after* STAT. We unequivocally knew what we needed.

Not to mention, of course, guard help; which we nonchalantly disregarded, yet again.

I also don't totally buy that STAT somehow *needs* some pick and roll maestro who is also an all-around starting PG caliber player. I mean, ok, maybe he does. But what does that about STAT?

Yeah, Walsh blew it with Felton. He just signed the best available PG and didn't think about the system. And not even attemtping to sign Morrow was a big mistake. We cure could use Morrow's 15ppg and 40+% 3-point shooting right now. That would really help the pick-and-roll. Spacing is key with the p&r.

I say we revisit trading Chandler for Rudy. Rudy can spread the floor and pass better than Felton (or Chandler).

elcol

Rotation player
felton is probably top 10 in the nba for assists, hes an efficient scorer and he plays hard nosed defence - all in trade for duhon pick and roll prowess?

give him a break its dantoni's fault that they have to go into desperation iso since there is no other play than the pick and roll that felton has learned. its this so called free flow offence that is the problem. the flow is stagnant and nobody sets any off ball screens besides injured turiaf who can make plays anyway since hes more of a point center.

morrow is trash.. just a streaky shooter who gets hot sometimes but is incosistent, ballhog whos only addition is to score 10ppg

quiggle

Starter
why does he like to do that spin move along the baseline then lose the ball out of bounds?

develop some other post game like Ewing driving the lane then hop step.

smokes

Huge Member
Yeah, Walsh blew it with Felton. He just signed the best available PG and didn't think about the system. And not even attemtping to sign Morrow was a big mistake. We cure could use Morrow's 15ppg and 40+% 3-point shooting right now. That would really help the pick-and-roll. Spacing is key with the p&r.

I say we revisit trading Chandler for Rudy. Rudy can spread the floor and pass better than Felton (or Chandler).

I agree with everything you're saying but trading Chandler for Rudy? Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!

Chandler is like the 2nd best player on our team. Also I think Rudy is too volatile and given his lack of desire to play in the NBA over the summer I could easily see him bailing back to Spain after a season and we would have given up a key player to have him as a rental.

No thanks.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
false...Lee is better off the boards...Amare slaughtered him one on one

That play is setup by Nash.

I just think Lee has more skills offensively. Amar'e has the advantage of his strength and explosiveness. Lee did the pick and roll good with Duhon, that's saying something.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
You're right, but David Lee is a better one on one player than Amar'e.

damn runningJ.. how old are you?? you say some crazy shat sometimes son.

Not even close. Look David Lee is a good player. STAT is a GREAT player. Watch a Warriors game. Lee is never double or triple teamed. Watch clips from the last 2 years. Same instance. Now watch footage of STAT now and he has 3-4 defenders eying him every time he looks at or touches the ball. The guy still tries to dribble through that shit. Looks STAT needs to step up. He needs to be more efficient. But he is the star we've never had since Ewing. We need to get STAT help.

i agree w what you're saying about gallo. he needs more touches dammit~!

i'd like to see him standing in that friggin corner alot less and get the ball in the post and other areas more.

i liked when he got a pass off a curl play from stat that one time against houston. that was nice, think he went up and got fouled..

that's one thing about gallo, he nows how to drive in there and draw fouls. good things happen when he puts the ball on the floor. then when he gets to line he shoots 90 something %. he needs to get to the line more.

Paul1355

All Star
That play is setup by Nash.

I just think Lee has more skills offensively. Amar'e has the advantage of his strength and explosiveness. Lee did the pick and roll good with Duhon, that's saying something.

all about Felton, because Amare should average over 26 ppg easy...Felton is not helping Amare