Is Felton the worse starting PG?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Your statement is too simplistic. The Suns still run MDA's offense and Nash's best years were with him. I think Nash thrives in his uptempo system. He really, really thrived in the system coupled with MDA's coaching.
Well the 10% percent is simply for allowing him to play that style and every coach after that knows that that style works for Nash. Regardless, Nash is amazing with or without D'Antoni. Whether or not Nash would be this great in another system, I don't know, but it's quite clear Nash would still be a premiere PG either way. His shooting, vision, and passing is off the charts.

KingCharles34

All Star
whistling_and_rolling_eyes.gif

orangeblobman

Rotation player
It proves Melo can't play with anyone else (we call this 'basketball'), Melo can't play basketball, he can just shoot and drop buckets for himself.

Wack sauce.

NY17KNICKS

★Melo Mafia★
You have got to be the shittiest Melo hater on here.
Metro had a real argument, he brought facts.
The others hated Melo because he went 4-38.

Your gonna come in here and say Melo can't play basketball?
Guy please don't call him Melo, call him Mr.Anthony because your obviously a child.

KingCharles34

All Star
Perhaps Amare disrupted the chemistry Melo had going with the rest of the team. Either way, Stats the reason why we're gonna lose Novak and Smith after this year

Novak + Smith + another player > Stats 3 years, 60 milli he has left after this year

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
I think he should be coming off the bench if this continues within the next few games. I know Woodson would be risking Amar'e not being happy and distracted, but it's also a risk not to try it come Playoff time. They'd be finishing the game together too.

I'm not looking into that game much though. STAT actually shook off some of the rust in the second half.

As we saw last Sunday, if we face Miami it's going to be a lot different than the other teams to win with Melo being the only one to carry the load offensively, and it took missed free throws and overtime for us to beat Chicago, and we lost against them the next game without Rose.

I think we could have beaten Boston last year if it wasn't for Billups and Amar'e getting injured, and that team was nowhere near as deep as this one.

Felton blatantly stealing money now, how many times do I have to watch him wince shoulder shake call a P&R does find the roller comes back out holds ball in air for 5 seconds trying to feed melo passes to melo with 6 seconds left.
Or his other favorite push the ball up the court two side dribble fire up the same midrange every time and miss.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Not worth 100 million. At least with Houston you knew he can shoot. Sadly injuries got in the way.

Whenever I saw Amar'e on the Suns usually I never saw good ball handling from him. His game didn't impress me much. Then, came the pre-season. Looked great. Come regular season I don't know if he's worth near the 100 million.

Honestly I think David Lee is the better player. He puts those numbers up easy compared to Amar'e. Handles the ball well, very good passer, gets a bunch of rebounds, etc. People will say his stats were inflated in New York, and his stats are similar now because of the Monta and Curry, but enough. Lee can flat out play. We now don't have Lee because they wanted a big name, and also a big name to get another big name.

I'm tired of Amar'e trying to force himself to go to the rim and I'm tired of him taking shots he doesn't need to. Best thing about him right now is his defense. We need consistent offense from him.

I want Amar'e to succeed here. I haven't given up on him. Come on, Amar'e, start your dominance.

It really wont matter at this point. The season is all but lost. I'd like to believe that Amare can be dominate also, but the team is too weak and I don't think Woodson calls any plays for him. Three players have us right at the cap and the rest of the line up is dreadful. Felton is finished as a starter on a contending team.

The top priority should be to bring in a new point guard. Maybe trade Chandler for draft picks and young players. I'm not one to turn my back on Woodson because half of this site was on his nuts last year, but Artest should get more playing time. Some of the decisions don't really add up. Maybe a coaching change will be the difference maker. IDK.

Kiyaman

Legend
Damn call me the young prophet

I wasn't happy about signing Stat to a $100M contract, but Dum-Dum Donnie Walsh 2010 Plan gave us no choice.
There wasn't a all-star FA interested in signing with the Knicks during the 2010 offseason.

Now that we have Stat the only plays we call are ISO-Melo or ISO-JR .. when we do pass the ball to Stat its always 20 to 25 feet away from the basket to make a 6.11 Stat into a perimeter shooter (do anyone remember where Steve Nash pass the ball to Stat at? 5 to 15 feet from the basket), and here's the topper we throw alley-oop passes only to Tyson Chandler.

Felton is a decent 20 to 24 minute PG per game .. giving Felton 25 or more minutes without having a veteran PG on the court are asking to be another Bobcats failure.

welcometonycity

Rotation player
I wasn't happy about signing Stat to a $100M contract, but Dum-Dum Donnie Walsh 2010 Plan gave us no choice.
There wasn't a all-star FA interested in signing with the Knicks during the 2010 offseason.

Now that we have Stat the only plays we call are ISO-Melo or ISO-JR .. when we do pass the ball to Stat its always 20 to 25 feet away from the basket to make a 6.11 Stat into a perimeter shooter (do anyone remember where Steve Nash pass the ball to Stat at? 5 to 15 feet from the basket), and here's the topper we throw alley-oop passes only to Tyson Chandler.

Felton is a decent 20 to 24 minute PG per game .. giving Felton 25 or more minutes without having a veteran PG on the court are asking to be another Bobcats failure.

Said the same thing about Felton's minutes in the Kings game thread.

Stat can be very dominant on the offensive end. He also matches up against talented big men better then some of our defensive guys because he's a big 7 foot body himself.