View Poll Results: Is Felton the worse starting PG?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

0 0%
  • No

0 0%
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Stat Is A Fraud

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by New New York
    First off it was Dantoni's systme that mad Amare into an All NBA player, so how is that it is now the blame for Amare not playing at the same level?!

Where I do fault Dantoni is him trying to turn Felton into a pick and roll player like Nash when he clearly is not that sort of passer, but the system as a whole plays into Amare's game perfectly.

Wow, get off D'Antoni's dick.

It's one excuse after the other with you.

First of all, D'Antoni had nothing to do with Amare Stoudemire's success.

Stoudemire was already doing his thing with Stephon Marbury and Shawn Marion, way before D'Antoni came along.

Go watch the 2003 playoffs, where the Suns forced a game 6 on the same Spurs team that won the championship.

And go watch the 2010 playoffs, where Stoudemire dropped 40+ points against the Lakers, with ALVIN GENTRY as the coach.

Second, get off Donnie Walsh's dick.

Every decision Walsh has done has made the team worse.

In fact, since Walsh took over the Knicks, the team is yet to match Isiah Thomas' 33 win season that he had with Eddy Curry as the star of the team.

Wow, all that D'Antoni semen in your eyes is making you blind.
    Last edited by abcd; Nov 14, 2010 at 15:56.

While STAT has not been playing well so far this season it is hardly his fault that the Knicks are losing. If anything he is the only reason why they are competitive as he is the only inside presence they got. Everyone else on this team is a serial three point chucker. If bums like Gallo and Randolph could pick up their games then Amare wouldn't see double and triple teams every time he has the ball. Amare is a not a play-maker and thats not what he was paid to do. His job is to finish strong at the basket and be a threat on the pick n' roll and the fact that he commands double and triple teams every time is a testament to that fact, that is his job. Felton is the one who can't hit Amare with consistent passing, Gallo is the one who can't space out the floor by knocking down 3's. You want to blame people blame the inept players around your 100 million dollar man. It's like nobody remembers how much kobe, lebron and even jordan struggled when they had no help. In fact take a look at Chris Bosh, you want to talk about overrated he is being manhandled every night and hes got Wade and Lebron to take the Heat of him, so get this weak ass argument that Amare is overrated or not worth every penny of his 100 Million Dollar Contract off the forums.

We get STAT another star, like Melo or Cp3, and he'll shine. He has way to many defenders concentrated on him on every single play.

Originally Posted by knickzrulezH20
    We get STAT another star, like Melo or Cp3, and he'll shine. He has way to many defenders concentrated on him on every single play.
    Same thing can be said about David lee

Originally Posted by Knicksfansince92
    Same thing can be said about David lee
    That's BS. Lee was rarely, if ever double teamed. Seriously.

100Million for 21/8

or 60million for 16/11

100Million for 21/8

or 60million for 16/11
    Lee gets payed close to $80M for 6 years and still doesn't get double teamed.

STAT scores 6 more points, gets 2 more blocks, shoots higher FT% and all in all plays better all around defence. Their passing games, to my surprise, are on par.

That and Stoudemire is being misused by a complete tit in D'Antoni.

Not worth the 100million
    Felton not worth the 14million

Please save us we don't deserve this
    no they are worth it, maybe amare not for max money but MIke D just uses them the wrong way

Originally Posted by Crazy8s
    That's BS. Lee was rarely, if ever double teamed. Seriously.
    You're right, but David Lee is a better one on one player than Amar'e.

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    false...Lee is better off the boards...Amare slaughtered him one on one

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    Not even close. Look David Lee is a good player. STAT is a GREAT player. Watch a Warriors game. Lee is never double or triple teamed. Watch clips from the last 2 years. Same instance. Now watch footage of STAT now and he has 3-4 defenders eying him every time he looks at or touches the ball. The guy still tries to dribble through that ****. Looks STAT needs to step up. He needs to be more efficient. But he is the star we've never had since Ewing. We need to get STAT help.

Btw I hate the way Gallo is being utilized. It's like D'ant tells him to just stand behind the 3 pt line and do nothing for "spacing".

[QUOTE=knickzrulezH20;141934]

Btw I hate the way Gallo is being utilized. It's like D'ant tells him to just stand behind the 3 pt line and do nothing for "spacing".[/QUOTE]

Cosign, Gallo needs to watch a Rip Hamilton dvd

Originally Posted by MSGhobo247
    This thread is the very reason New York is a tough town to play ANY sport in.
    I guess so because people go absolutely bat**** when we don't win every frigging game or lose by like 4-5 everytime we play. I can't speak or defend Mike as the coach because his lack of flexiblity is probably hurting the sqaud, but I seriously don't know what people were expecting here. It is the start of the season and sure we lost some games we should have either won or played better in, but bottom line is we still have an excellent chance to turn this around.

I mean ffs people flip the **** out on here like we have lost every single game. I knew this might happen as we completely retooled the team and you can't do that without expecting some growing pains and hard times. There is no magical cure for a winning team. The celts did this, but there were vets who came in and knew they would bow down and play with Paul as the main guy. They were a hubble bunch. Look at Miami everyone thought right from the start it was over, but they look out of sorts. Same with us after totally stripping the starting 5 with one remaining starter in place while the other 4 came from other teams. Just relax guys.

Maybe the coach is not right for us, but the personnal we have is a good fit for what we can do in the future. They are young and we have a star down low who demands attention. For now it is a step in the right direction.

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    no they are worth it, maybe amare not for max money but MIke D just uses them the wrong way
    I agree wholeheartedly. This team is not a 3 pt shooting dynamo. It is a drive to the bucket mid range team. They are a bunch of physcial guys who are being utlized wrong. I mean Mike has either got to make a change tactically or just leave. I was neither a hater or fan boy of him, but I do want to see him try to make an adjustment. If it doesn't happen then he has got to go. This is a good solid team capable of making the playoffs.

Superstar

Default "Spacing"

Originally Posted by knickzrulezH20;141934[SIZE=3
    ].[/SIZE]

Btw I hate the way Gallo is being utilized. It's like D'ant tells him to just stand behind the 3 pt line and do nothing for "spacing".

Amen! Gallo does have to start hitting some threes, but there have been very few kick-outs from the pressured middle. Amar'e does not do a lot of passing. Other than the the pick and roll which does not feature Gallo, there are absolutely no pick plays.

Gallo took 7 shots last night -- 10 if you count the ones he got fouled on -- and only one of them was a three. Despite his camping out in a corner -- and Chandler is often on the other side -- he did not see the ball in the 4th quarter, except on a put back when the game was essentially over. Everything was being played down the middle, usually with the guy who takes the ball at half court , passing to Amar'e when he is 20 feet from the basket or chucking it up himself.

I am afraid we are in for a long year. Why should Melo be excited to come tothe Knicks?

The one good note for the year -- so far -- is Landry Fields. The kid does everything right