Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 25

Thread: Felton with 5 assists : 4 turnovers vs K-Lowry

  1. #1
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,384
    Rep Power
    11

    Default Felton with 5 assists : 4 turnovers vs K-Lowry

    WOW.

    I hope Felton is dealt the moment the clock strikesmidnight 12/15, when we can trade free agents signed over the Summer.

    Loss goes squarely on RF's poor play.

  2. #2
    I got Soul StreetDreams21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Vegas/NY
    Posts
    1,404
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Not even close, I place more blame on Douggie's 1-11 shooting game. Felton has been averaging almost 8 assists a game, he is nowhere near the biggest problem on our team. In the 4th quarter during this game, NO ONE showed effort. We were in it and then we gave up. Simple as that. At least he isn't Duhon.

  3. #3
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,384
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by StreetDreams21
    Not even close, I place more blame on Douggie's 1-11 shooting game. Felton has been averaging almost 8 assists a game, he is nowhere near the biggest problem on our team. In the 4th quarter during this game, NO ONE showed effort. We were in it and then we gave up. Simple as that. At least he isn't Duhon.
    Felton can't run the pick and roll. Our offense is based on the p&r. Either Felton or Mike D have to go or we wont win 30 games.

    Sorry. Felton should have had 20+ points, 10+ assists vs Lowry.

    He was awful in the 4th, when HOU pulled away. Loss all on him and Douglas, and coach who had those 2 and Mason in the game in the 4th.

  4. #4
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Felton has had a couple of GRENADE games.

    We can all handle and understand a player having bad off nights. But felton's had a couple of very egregious ones already, where he didn't just play bad.

    He COLLAPSED. In such a way that it gets attributed to a deeper flaw in his winning (or losing) mentality and makeup. Or at least his fit in a system D'ant seems deadset on.

  5. #5
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,384
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    Felton has had a couple of GRENADE games.

    We can all handle and understand a player having bad off nights. But felton's had a couple of very egregious ones already, where he didn't just play bad.

    He COLLAPSED. In such a way that it gets attributed to a deeper flaw in his winning (or losing) mentality and makeup. Or at least his fit in a system D'ant seems deadset on.
    He's not particularly good at scoring or creating or defending. Sure, if he's playing against the Knicks, then he's an all-star.... but right now he's terrible.

    Not sure how else to put it.

    6 4th quarter collapses in 7 losses; and Felton is responsible for the most part b/c he controls the offense. He had about 5 stupid turnovers where he did nothing with the ball and then jumped in the air and hands ball to HOU.

    He thrives on the break, in the open court and driving and kicking out. He's not good finishing at the rim, not good shooting the ball and not good running the half court offense.

    AT LEAST CHRIS DUHON WAS SOLID FOR 40 GAMES folks. Felton is Duhon-lite from the get-go.

  6. #6
    Veteran Knicksfansince92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,012
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    14Million$$ passing

  7. #7
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,497
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by mafra
    WOW.

    I hope Felton is dealt the moment the clock strikesmidnight 12/15, when we can trade free agents signed over the Summer.

    Loss goes squarely on RF's poor play.
    Felton is not a huge problem, its just that he cant find Amare on the pick and roll, Felton is more of a scoring small SG rather than a pass first PG

    the loss goes on Mike D's inability to coach to the player's strengths

  8. #8
    Veteran mafra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,384
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Felton-Douglas-Mason-Walker-Rautins

    Is there a team in the NBA with a worse back court?

    Iíll take Dukeís guards over this bunch (Irving, Smith, Curry, Dawkins, Thornton).

  9. #9
    Veteran LJ4ptplay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ft. Collins, CO
    Posts
    2,950
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Sadly, Duhon + Lee was better at the pick-and-roll than Felton + Amare.


    And this may sound even crazier, but Z-Bo would probably be better plaiyng next to Mozgov than Amare.

  10. #10
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by mafra
    Felton-Douglas-Mason-Walker-Rautins

    Is there a team in the NBA with a worse back court?

    Iíll take Dukeís guards over this bunch (Irving, Smith, Curry, Dawkins, Thornton).
    Gordon, Jennings, Tyreke, Curry...Mayo.

    I guess Walsh only likes to show chutzpah and pull out the red carpet on trades and deals when we are getting 10cents to the dollar and dumping a 1yr MLE contract of a defensive specialist for 2.5 lotto picks including a rookie.

    (Chandler and any of the above players are ours, along with another one)

    Curry
    Gordon

    Pretty sick backfield. No $ needed for Felton, either...

  11. #11
    Member serendipity10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    near the lincoln tunnel in Union City, NJ staying close to MSG
    Posts
    449
    Rep Power
    5

    Default

    A point guard should be the floor general, Felton doesn't have what it takes to run the offense. He has some of the worst turnovers I've seen and can't create shots for others. When Felton is unable to run the offense you see players like Amare handle the ball or bad 3 point shots.

    Felton might get assists and might score but if you watch the games you can understand he is a big reason why the Knicks are losing. D'antoni is also a big reason to this losing streak.

  12. #12
    Veteran la2ny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Compton,Ca
    Posts
    1,777
    Rep Power
    7

    Default

    Where is whoopi when you need her

  13. #13
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,227
    Rep Power
    20

    Default

    Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    Gordon, Jennings, Tyreke, Curry...Mayo.

    I guess Walsh only likes to show chutzpah and pull out the red carpet on trades and deals when we are getting 10cents to the dollar and dumping a 1yr MLE contract of a defensive specialist for 2.5 lotto picks including a rookie.

    (Chandler and any of the above players are ours, along with another one)

    Curry
    Gordon

    Pretty sick backfield. No $ needed for Felton, either...
    I don't even understand how this post makes sense? When did we have the opportunity to take Curry or Tyreke? What are you trying to say with this post?

  14. #14
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    2,157
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Anybody else wanna argue that taking an LB reject PG is a good thing??? Where all the cats that said "it was LB's system" that was holding Felton back. Any sane person would know if a HOF coach with championships NCAA/NBA doesn't want ya, MAYBE there is something to it???

  15. #15
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by mafra
    Felton can't run the pick and roll. Our offense is based on the p&r. Either Felton or Mike D have to go or we wont win 30 games.

    Sorry. Felton should have had 20+ points, 10+ assists vs Lowry.

    He was awful in the 4th, when HOU pulled away. Loss all on him and Douglas, and coach who had those 2 and Mason in the game in the 4th.
    i think that is the exact problem. A good coach knows how to get the best out of his players. Whatever cards a good coach is dealt, he makes the cards look good and play hard. I havent watched the last 2 games but usually spacing is a big problem in the PnR. If teams are defending the PnR our shooters have to be knocking down shots, it rests mainly on our wing guys. If our wings are playing well, we dont lose. If chandler and gallo have good games, it is a lot more easier on Amare.

Similar Threads

  1. Knicks Close On Multi-Year Deal For Felton
    By Alej_Correa in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: Jan 04, 2011, 22:57
  2. Ok, is it too early to be critical of Raymond Felton?
    By New New York in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: Oct 14, 2010, 00:00
  3. NYKnicks.com Interview Raymond Felton
    By Crazy⑧s in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Sep 19, 2010, 16:53
  4. Replies: 34
    Last Post: Jul 29, 2010, 19:02
  5. Ray Felton to a multi year contract in the works
    By bboycustom92 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: Jul 10, 2010, 16:38

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •