Offensive Genius?

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I demand, as a loyal fan, to see D'Antoni's play book.

I'm sick of hearing about his offensive Wizardry. The monotony of this team's rancid offensive sets is disgusting.

Play after play of repetitive, predictable, non-creative, lane clogging, space vacuuming SHIT!

○On more than a dozen consecutive offensive sets, Amar'e and Chandler, Gallinari or Fields stand stagnant at the opposite elbows of the key, STAT on the left, one of 3 players on the right.

What the **** is that play called? Because it RARELY results in movement, spacing, cutting or running off screens. There were 2 instances when it was successful tonight, but the play relies on STAT being the playmaker! WTMFF!?

○Re Amar'e:

Is the fact that he was 2009/2010's most prolific paint scorer not getting through to D'Antoni? Has he been misinformed? Is he defiant to play STAT as Gentry did? How hard can it honestly be to play a post offense based around an interior threat? Who, of NY's players wouldn't benefit from that?

A 3 man game between, for example, Fields Gallo and STAT would surely have success. Fields passing/cutting, Gallo triple threating and STAT posting!? No? Maybe? What?

However........

STAT is NEVER posted up in the low block.

Never run off a mismatch.

Never hit with the ball in transition with good positioning in the paint.

Never passed to on the P&R.

Never found on a penetrate and dish.

Am I the only person who's seen this?

How f'ing difficult is it to get creative with your offense when:
-You have an interior beast?
-A legitimate threat under the basket?
-An athletic phenomenon?

Is this silver 'stached penis so married to his offensive poop that he can't adjust?

Somebody ****ing shoot me.

Paul1355

All Star

I'm sick of hearing about his offensive Wizardry. The monotony of this team's rancid offensive sets is disgusting.

Play after play of repetitive, predictable, non-creative, lane clogging, space vacuuming SHIT!

○On more than a dozen consecutive offensive sets, Amar'e and Chandler, Gallinari or Fields stand stagnant at the opposite elbows of the key, STAT on the left, one of 3 players on the right.

What the **** is that play called? Because it RARELY results in movement, spacing, cutting or running off screens. There were 2 instances when it was successful tonight, but the play relies on STAT being the playmaker! WTMFF!?

○Re Amar'e:

Is the fact that he was 2009/2010's most prolific paint scorer not getting through to D'Antoni? Has he been misinformed? Is he defiant to play STAT as Gentry did? How hard can it honestly be to play a post offense based around an interior threat? Who, of NY's players wouldn't benefit from that?

A 3 man game between, for example, Fields Gallo and STAT would surely have success. Fields passing/cutting, Gallo triple threating and STAT posting!? No? Maybe? What?

However........

-An athletic phenomenon?

Is this silver 'stached penis so married to his offensive poop that he can't adjust?

5 star thread you are right on ive been saying this and i feel blue in the face....we are such a repetitive team...mike D must have 3 plays that he runs over and over again....Amare high post, Felton drive and kick out to somebody who always bricks, and the failure of a pick and roll where Amare picks and rolls but Felton doesn't even look for him.

Felton is failing as a pick and roll PG....i cant believe I am saying this but Duhon could have helped Amare more because he learned the pick and roll faster than Felton.

Felton and Douglas are combo guards who are basically SG in a PG body.

Chandler is a total jock who never passes the ball.

Gallo is driving more which I like but since his shot is not lethal anymore, he is not as lethal which means he is not a starter.

Fields is the only bright spot on this dark season.

Walker and Rautins, our outside shooters, are not playing but Mike D continues to let Chandler shoot bricks from outside when he is a slashing forward.

Mike D has no clue what he is doing and he still forces his offenive Suns style offense on this team with players that just dont fit it. Felton is not Nash and we dont have perimeter shooters that can create their own shot.

We have to slash constantly, draw fouls, use the pick and roll and actually pass to Amare and only shoot outside if a team uses the zone defense.

I am 19 years old and I think I have more NBA knowledge than our retarded coach.

I'm so glad people are paying more attention to this guys coaching. If we all honestly did this..he would be out of here on the first thing smoking...

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Hate to say I told you so, but I told you so. And if I remember correctly, I was considered a mad man for it.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I'm sure we can agree that you don't hate to say so.

I'm more than sure that a lot of people thought, given the chance, that MD would show what he was widely considered capable of with an improved roster.

Now we're stuck between him, The Cock and a hard place. Another arduous year of barracking for the NYK. I feel like a zoo animal that has come to terms with its cage.

○Re Amar'e:

However........

-An athletic phenomenon?

I hear you loud and clear, but listening to some on this board STAT is a post player. Its laughable. His shooting % is down 10% yet he wasnt posting and toasting last year.

CLYDE

Benchwarmer
Its time for a change... sorry, had to say it.

I thought coaches were supposed to have a plan, if not working have a backup plan, make adjustments during the game, etc.

D'antoni is like a spectator, he sits, watches, hangs his head, yells lets go, etc. That's what a fan in the stands does.

Walsh must know his coach is a fake. Would JVG or Mark Jackson sit and watch and do nothing different, just let the game drift away?

CoolClyde

Game Plan 9 From Outer Space

the Mike 'Antoni game plan is to allow players to go out there and do what they do best.
Case in point: Allstar Steve Nash.

all Knicks need to do is wait for Nash (or CP30) to arrive, after we wait for Melo to arrive. as soon as Knicks get their own Big 3, we will be in the hunt for that elusive 8th playoff spot. that's the best we can hope for with the SSOL - defense comes second in the 'Antoni book of winning games, without great players coming together, this team ain't sheeeeit.

Oh wait... Mike 'Antoni is a great coach... of superstars!

we suck you know.
:barf::gony:

iSaYughh

Starter
as soon as Knicks get their own Big 3, we will be in the hunt for that elusive 8th playoff spot.

:afro:

Just as soon we can assemble STAT, Melo, and CP3 on the this roster, along with The Rooster, we can claw our way to hopefully having Mike get us into the hunt for that elusive 8th seed in the playoffs.

But ya, anyone else smell us trading a few random 1st rounders away to get Channing Frye back? A sweet shooting, long range bigman to really round out the Big 3 and get us into that hunt for good.

nyk_nyk

All Star
HOU ran so many different plays last night to score in the paint. Meanwhile, our team looked like they were just freestyling it like they were on the playground. I did notice they toned down the 3pt shots but now it makes them look lost. That tells me that Dantoni has very few plays designed that doesn't end up in a long range shot.

During the post game interview, Dantoni had that lost and confused look on his face and as usual tried to use a little humor to mask it. I don't want to see my coach joking to reporters after 4 straight loses. It's disgusting!

FU Dantoni! You are a fraud and most of the NBA knows it, they will just never admit it. Kelly Tripuca constantly takes subtle shots at Dantoni, Malik Rose already called him out and others have done the same.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Crazy8s' thread opening post is superb. Where is the magic in D'Antoni's "system?"
Thanks a lot.

I just wanted to point out one more thing.

This offense is so heinous that STAT has STILL yet to convert an alley oop. Landry Fields and Chandler are the only 2 players who've got away with one.

Amazing, really.

KingCharles34

All Star
Another 5 star thread for Crazy8's...

My brain hurts when i try to figure out whats going on with our offense...I just cant figure out what D'antonis gameplan is. Sh*t dont make sense :confused:

I demand to see his playbook too :mad:

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound

○Re Amar'e:

However........

-An athletic phenomenon?

crazy you are a creative and spontaneous dude it seems, but i think you're misguided at times.. although you mean well.:thumbsup:

this offense we run is proven dude.

yes it needs a PG to run it right. while felton has been ok i do not see him having the kind of grasp and assertiveness that it needs to run properly as of yet.

this offense needs a serious, dynamic floor general. cp3 comes to mind. signing or trading for him should be top priority.

secondly as i've stated before, stat is not a back-to-the-basket player.

he's a face-up PF.

therefore there's no need to belabor the point about him not getting the ball in the post. stop w that..

on mike d'antoni, he's a good coach. he's not bad and definitely not great, just good.

and he's without a doubt one of the better offensive minds out there.

each of your nevers w relation to stat have happened atleast once or twice. never and always are rarely accurate in most situations.

but it would be easier to get him the ball in those instances consistently if we had better shooting. right now opposing teams defenses can just collaspe in the paint , hence the lack of stat love you and the rest of us knick fans need.

lastly, it seems you have placed yourself in the camp of reactionary, impatient, emo fans that have been spewing venoms all over these boards during this losing streak the team's been on.

it's so obvious to me that it will take time..

young teams have to take their lumps. period. you can't hop-step the valleys and peaks along the way to becoming a consistently good team. it also takes time (unavoidable time) to develop chemistry.

where are all of the basketball heads on these boards that should kno this??

this is elementary stuff y'all.

Last edited:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
crazy you are a creative and spontaneous dude it seems, but i think you're misguided at times.. although you mean well.:thumbsup:

this offense we run is proven dude.

yes it needs a PG to run it right. i do not see felton having the kind of grasp and assertiveness that it needs to run properly as of yet.

this offense needs a serious floor general. cp3 comes to mind. signing or trading for him should be top priority.

he's a face-up PF.

therefore there's no need to belabor the point about him not getting the ball in the post. stop w that..

mike d'antoni is a good coach. he's not bad and definitely not great, just solid.

and he's without a doubt one of the better offensive minds out there.

each of you nevers have happened atleast once or twice. never and always are rarely accurate in most situations.

but it would be easier to get him the ball in those situations consistently if we had better shooting. right now opposing teams defenses can just collaspe in the paint , hence the lack of stat love you and the rest of us knick fans need.

it seems you have unfortunately placed yourself in the camp of reactionary, impatient, emo fans that have been spewing venoms all over these boards during this losing streak the team's been on.

it's so obvious to me that it will take time..

young teams have to take their lumps. period. you can't hop-step the valleys and peaks along the way to becoming a consistently good team. it also takes time (unavoidable time) to develop chemistry.

where are all of the basketball heads on these boards that should kno this??

this is elementary stuff y'all.

Fair, fair, fair.

I don't disagree that early days are early days, and that cohesion isn't a just add water substance, but as opposed to yourself I've commented ,via observation, on specific plays and/or lack there of.

Care to do the same?

If the offense is proven, enlighten me, via observation, on a specific play or set in either half court or transition that solidifies this offense as one that is proven. I've seen less confusion in sets from our supposedly weaker opponents.

Isn't this an insult to STAT? I can't possibly believe that posting him on the block for a baby hook or fading J in the key is beyond his measure. If anything, that's just small minded rudeness.

Categorising Amar'e as incapable of a back to the basket game is a poor defence in any argument. Dwight Howard has a baby hook and is half as capable as STAT offensively. Say no more.

So that's Amar'e covered.

this offense needs a serious floor general. cp3 comes to mind. signing or trading for him should be top priority.

Not only is that not a realistic option, but if the offense relies so heavily on one component, then it is flawed.

it seems you have unfortunately placed yourself in the camp of reactionary, impatient, emo fans that have been spewing venoms all over these boards during this losing streak the team's been on.

Now, I'm debating whether or not you've watched any games. Or at least whether you've popped out for a stroll in the second half of each game.

If you go back over our posts and compare them, mine was about basketball in the form of set plays and observations regarding the offense. Yours is about defending a coach. You've said nothing with any regard to the basketball you've watched. No comments on designed plays etc. NOTHING.

Answer me this one question when you reply. If you please.

In our wins against Chicago and Washington, what were the keys to victory? If you watched the games, you'll know.