Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Offensive Genius?

12th man
    Far far away from the orgy that consist of clyde, 8's, rady, smokes and rono

Originally Posted by Crazy8s
    You know, I bet you've never even played basketball. Have you? You're too small and too arrogant to be shown up. No doubt you lack the coordination to play a little man's role, so you played baseball or something the likes of that.

Am I right?

You've never had any credibility. You're just not clever enough. Small man, small brain, smaller chance.
    Arrogant? Nah. Thats what a hater would say. Confident? Yes.

Little man? You can't even preform 30 proper push ups. You anatomy is weak and your physiology is inferior.

You play zero sports...you look like you blast Justin Bieber cd's and shake your frail weak blonde booty. Probably the least athletic guy in this forum. Prove me wrong, slut.

btw, you're talking to someone who's training for a professional boxer career with a credible high school wrestling career and played D2 baseball in college. Soccer is my hobby on the side. You're clown

Keep hating.

me: felton could improve in a couple of areas:

1. consistently push the ball up the court and pass it aggressively up the court in transition.

2. break down the defense much more. get in there and cause havoc.

3. when getting in the paint be more patient. maintain your dribble at times, maybe take a little fade-away at others, shoot the runner, just be a threat and keep the defense guessing.

crazy8's:

1. Agreed

2. Agreed

3. Agreed

First of all how can you sit there and agree w all of the above areas felt needs to improve, but then also say he doesn't need to be nash-like?? all of those above areas are areas that nash excels in.. by agreeing your in-effect confirming that felt needs to be more nash-like.

me: the team as a whole would benefit if felton took more control of the offense and was more like nash. we know he can't be nash, but he can be more nash-like more often..

crazy8's: If that's your self deliberation, you're affirming that MD, his system, his reputation, have a Nash dependence. Transforming Felton in to Nash is not unlike turning lead in to gold. Stop it.

no, md's system id not nash dependent, but it is PG dependent. if felt took more control over the offense and did more things like nash does, or any really good pg does, we would be better off as a team. perty simple sir..

Smile

me: again we run the ssol. this is the way we play. get over it.

craz8's: This is the way we've lost our games. Admit it.

obviously we have different perceptions of the team... no sense in continuing to go round & round.

but i will say one last thing...

you think we lose because of the system itself and our coach who promulgates it. this is a flawed assessment when you honestly look at all of the factors playing into the losses, which i and others on this forum have highlighted ad nauseum.

where we differ is that i think it is not the system but the players who run the system who don't have the experience in it and the skills currently to run it properly.

again, they can get better at running it, but it will take time.

Originally Posted by metrocard
    Arrogant? Nah. Thats what a hater would say. Confident? Yes.

Little man? You can't even preform 30 proper push ups. You anatomy is weak and your physiology is inferior.

You play zero sports...you look like you blast Justin Bieber cd's and shake your frail weak blonde booty. Probably the least athletic guy in this forum. Prove me wrong, slut.

btw, you're talking to someone who's training for a professional boxer career with a credible high school wrestling career and played D2 baseball in college. Soccer is my hobby on the side. You're clown

Keep hating.
    and played D2 baseball in college

Everything about you is D2. And nobody cares about what little men achieve. You're another, what, 5.7" loudmouth? Whatever little men do, bigger men do better. You're obsessed with your inferiority, so, you box - against little men - you wrestle - against little men - you play D2 baseball - where size means nothing and you swagger about it. That's why you never played hoops, because you're a faggy dweeb.

You're a tiny fish in an enormous pond, and you stay away from the big fish because you can't compete with them.

The only success you'd have in sports outside of your weight class would be in dwarf throwing.

Poodles can't be pit-bulls in the real world, but for some reason, it's always the little dogs that bark the most.

Yawn.

]me: felton could improve in a couple of areas:

1. consistently push the ball up the court and pass it aggressively up the court in transition.

2. break down the defense much more. get in there and cause havoc.

3. when getting in the paint be more patient. maintain your dribble at times, maybe take a little fade-away at others, shoot the runner, just be a threat and keep the defense guessing.

crazy8's:

1. Agreed

2. Agreed

3. Agreed

First of all how can you sit there and agree w all of the above areas felt needs to improve, but then also say he doesn't need to be nash-like?? all of those above areas are areas that nash excels in.. by agreeing your in-effect confirming that felt needs to be more nash-like.

That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying that THIS team can run P&Rs with Fields, Chandler and Gallo as well. Again、alternate options/obvious truth. If the team doesn't match the system, then change the system.

No more monotonous TOs on plays we don't NEED to be successful. I mean, you saw Felton tonight right? He played HIS game, not Nash's, and was successful for us.

no, md's system id not nash dependent, but it is PG dependent. if felt took more control over the offense and did more things like nash does, or any really good pg does, we would be better off as a team. perty simple sir.. [/QUOTE]

No 'I' in team? A PG shouldn't be the be all and end all of an offense. Floor General is the term, but there are other facilitators on our team - Fields and Gallo are playing well off picks. And that, in Gallo's case tonight, was the defining factor in our win.

Tonight, we threw half as many 3s - reliant part of the system - we set picks for our wings - not so much a part of the system if compared with the P&R hoopla - we set plays for STAT within 10 feet of the basket 3 times - about time - and, most importantly IMO, we drove the lane and made 10-15 foot jumpers.

If anything, we played a different game tonight. The handoff pick pass was our go to tonight. Penetrating, running shots were big for us as well.

Would you agree that we played a different game tonight? Played outside of 'the system'

'Cause that's what I saw.
    Last edited by Crazy⑧s; Nov 18, 2010 at 00:02. Reason: OOPS. Posted in the quote