i agree with you but sometimes off the pick-and-roll they dont get him the ball just overlooking him, even though he has the lane to the basket where he more then likely will finish or get fouled yet they look for the 3 pointer. Nash was giving him the ball off the p-and-r but these guys arent not cause of skill just not looking for him off of it that HAS to changeA lot of good points from abcd. I know he hates how the team is currently run and would like a return to the hard nosed thugged out basketball we played in the 90's that saw our team go to two NBA finals appearances. That was a fun time for knicks fans, though we still didn't get to the promised land...
1. P. Ewing is one of the greatest Knicks ever. Not having him on our Payroll is a shame, but it will never undo the past. It has so very little to do with our current and future success that I'm really unsure why you wanted to open the list with this. It is really telling of your priorities.
2. If Mike D can not find the playoffs this season I think he needs to be fired. It's do or die Mike. If he does get this team to the playoffs, we would be hard pressed to get rid of him.
3. Donnie Walsh is a good GM with a firm understanding of the business of basketball. However, I don't see him continuing here for much longer, depending on his health. He has made some mistakes but I am more concerned that his replacement will be Issiah. For now, lets take the lesser of two evils.
4. Amar'e needs to be more established on the pick'n'roll and in the high post where he thrives. His low post/short corner game leaves a lot to be desired. If he can improve there, then that's awesome. But the offseason is the time to work on that and during the season he should be working on what he is already great at: Finishing off pick n rolls and catching the ball in the lane.
5. I think that we need to work on the Half Court Offense a lot more. Not because Felton is better there (he isn't), But because teams are finding ways to slow our fast breaks and bring the pace of the game down. We need to be prepared for this with more half court, high post pick'n'rolls for Amar'e.
6. Gallo needs a wake up call. I don't think benching him is the answer here, but certainly he needs to snap out of the funk. Either so we can trade him for value or utilize him as a deep shot threat.
7. Absolutly agreed!!! I don't remember the last time there was a draft to be excited for. Right now I think we have flexibility and players to trade and there is no need to give away any first rounders.
8. There is some dead weight on this team. I am hoping that before the trade deadline we trim the fat and bring in some quality players. I agree with the players you mentioned to keep. Tho if Denver calls me up with a carmelo for chandler, gallo, curry and feilds i'd pull the trigger.
9. We have flexibility in our cap now. we should try to maintain that flexibility until we can secure a winning, playoff/championship contending team. don't sell the farm for blind hope.
10. Agreed. The goal has to be playoffs first. Then we can get a good sense of what players we have that will do something worthwhile in that type of basketball game. from there we can identify weaknesses and address them. Gotta learn to walk before you can run.
This team needs more work then I thought as of the end of summer league. I still hope for the playoffs, but hope is a different term then expect.