D'antoni benched Walker without telling him!

mafra

Legend
Mark Jackson, passed over for the job 2 ? years ago, said during the preseason that the sixth, seventh and eighth seeds would be captured by the best-coached team, believing the talent was relatively similar.

D'Antoni has not found a way to get them to exude confidence in the fourth quarter -- their biggest problem since he got here. He has not found a way to get Stoudemire better shots. Has not found a way to motivate players like Danilo Gallinari or Wilson Chandler. Has not found a way to stop the team from flinging quick 3-pointers and play speedball smartly.

"I'm not concerned with these guys' heart or character," D'Antoni said before flying to face Carmelo Anthony's Nuggets tonight. "They're good guys."

So is D'Antoni, but where is that offensive genius from Phoenix hiding? It is not D'Antoni's style to bash the team in public, and perhaps he does not do enough of it in private.

D'Antoni believes they are adults and should police themselves. Can Stoudemire be the lone policeman?

On Sunday, D'Antoni yanked Billy Walker from the rotation for Roger Mason Jr., but the coach never talked to Walker about it.

"I didn't see it coming," said Walker, who seemed perplexed.

Before the game, I asked D'Antoni what he could have done differently in Minnesota during Kevin Love's 31-point, 31-rebound game. He dismissed the premise.

The coach also gave a shocking response: "I know one thing for sure: It's not going to be the last time we blow a 21-point lead. It happens."

Not exactly a quote from the "Best of Knute Rockne." Don't remember Vince Lombardi using that line in his Broadway play.

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/knicks/in_the_line_of_fire_UYYGx0AlHNi0KnYXO6WkHP

===============

This lack of communication is alarming. The few wins NYK have, we saw Walker make some quality shots in the 4th quarter. He's also a former highly-recruited talent, recovering from a serious knee injury. He just turned 23. He might have a bright future here for the Knicks. CUT HIM SOME SLACK!

Sure, 5-16 isn't the best 3-point pct, but he rarely plays so hard to get in rhythm.

Now Mason is 30, and has no future here. He saw some burn early in the HOU game. Nothing he did warranted more action.

Why did coach choose Sunday as the night to go with Mason, and take Walker out of the rotation?

Perplexing. Not even man enough to explain things to Walker? If he's doing something wrong then EXPLAIN IT TO HIM!

iSaYughh

Starter
Sick!!!! The DNP of Walker has been pissing me off since the Philly game!

Wow. Summarily benched in favor of a shit-stained Mason Jr. And not even told.

All while we burn in the 4thQ with Mason Jr, Douglas, Felton laying enough bricks to build a temple.

And Fields gets the Gallo treatment of ZERO plays designed or run through him. With Walker getting a pine tar tattoo courtesy of the bench.

Wow.

mafra

Legend
Sort of like not signing Barron, b/c (after all) all he did was play well in the system. Can't have that. Mason is much better fit. His 3 points in 10 games goes a long way to getting MD a season vacation next year, paid-in-full.

Paul1355

All Star
the only thing i have against billy walker is that whenhe drives he never learns to watch for someone drawing the charge, HE ALWAYS runs into people....but he has the ability to take over a game....a million times better than Mason Jr.