Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm sick of Allan Houston....I want him gone

Superstar

It's all true what you've said but he's getting older and injuries are bothering him more and more...

All I want to say is that you're tough with him. And how a knick fan can say that he's sick of allan ??????? after all the things he did for the team... I just can't understand.
    That's his first serious injury in 10 years so let him take some rest and we will talk about it next year. He has been in NY for 8 years and you can't wait till next season to see how it goes. He deserves it.

houston fan 4 life!!!!

Originally Posted by vince
    I really don't understand you guys... I mean allan scored 19 ppg this season despite his injury!!! Last year that was 22.5 ppg...give him some time to rest this summer and you will see that he's not done. We missed him so much during the playoff.
    Exactly. Just see what happens this upcoming season. Last season was his first injury riddled season and all of you guys are ready to throw him out the window? Give the guy a chance to try to heal and try to make a sucessfull comeback. We owe it to Allan to give him a chance.

Superstar

Yo 'Key, I agree with all of that but we don't have much time .... and spare money. His contract is too bloated and we still need to get some guys to the organization... If Allan could've been healthy at 100%, then hell, I don't want anybody else on the 2 spot! But to our great pity he's old and injuried... I can't say I'm isck of him - hell noooo! I realize how much has he done for the organization but I believe it's a time for changes.

he's impossible to trade.. all we can do now is hope we can get someone to ease Houston's minutes..

the problem with houston isnt his shooting,its all he has.my main problem is he is no leader.couldnt lead a fart out of a paper bag.thats why spree was so popular he led.marbury is trying to lead,though he should have been driving to the basket instead of passing the ball.even in ill health when a leader leads,he inspires check willis reed,no i have no problem with his play just his soft attitude.get oakley on the coaching staff to teach the younger players like sweetney,azria, hawkins nazr(if he is still around),and especially t thomas what toughness is about

The mistake wasn't signing Houston but to the amount he was offered. you don't offer a guy that doesn't make his teamates better more than $60 million for 7 years. They were blinded by a couple of last second shots by Allan Houston. Spreewell at that time was worth more than Houston due to the fact that Spree was counted on for offense, assists and guarding the elite players. If it wasn't for Spree's defense on Carter we'd be talking about Carter as if he were Micheal Jordan reincarnated. Spreewell shut him down. And Spree was lighter and shorter than Houston but he was called upon to guard small forwards in the league.

I'd love to see Houston gone but it is not happening. I'd trade Houston straight up for ANYONE in the league, but it's just not happening. Perhaps if he shows he's healthy during the season the Knicks could move him. I do think he's health right now. i think all the 'my knees are ailing' talk is a smoke screen to deter be shipped out of town.

Not good in the clutch?

He hit that three with seconds left vs Dallas off the inbound steal by steph.

I mean there are other times but this one clicks the most

How about vs Miami?

houston is a knick and he will retire a knick. its impossable to trade him because his contract is soo much money and his knees are shot. and soon hopefully marbury willbe the actual leader of this team, it will probably in crouge the new guys because marbury is such a fighter and player.

HOustons a BUm hes way overrated and does not bring his game evryday.

Lurker

i will never understand the hate some knicks fans have torwards Allan Houston. granted he is only a Jump Shooter and does not help his team mates get better...he has been the main reason to watch the knicks for the past 5 years. all who disagree are just blinded with your hate torwards him because of Layden giving him that 100 million dollar contract (i assume)

from 1999-2004 (till he got injured)...when you watched the Knicks who did you guys count on to make a big shot? thats right ALLAN HOUSTON i know Latrell Sprewell was loved here...he's a great player but a very streaky shooter at that...sometimes he will go 3-18 and then come the next game to torch teams with his shooting. a perfect example of Sprewell was the playoff run with the Timberwolves...whenever he played well the team usually did well...but there were days where he was just lost out there and could not hit the side of the barn.

so what's the hate on H2O? he has only gotten better as a player as the years have come along...and the season before he got injured he averaged his Career Best 22.5 Points per game, had 2 of the most memorable Knick Performances in HISTORY with Two 50 Point Performances and a memorable one against Kobe Bryant and the Lakers...and the man still gets hated on? what gives man? is it the contract Layden Gave him? i'm sure if you guys were offered $100 Million Dollars you would have all turned it down and replied with "nah, i'm not worth that". is it the fact that he replaced a player the Garden Loved in John Starks? i dont get it...but those are the only logical reasons i can come up with

i just dont understand the hate, he was the main reason we got to the Finals in 1999 (NO IT WAS NOT LATRELL SPREWELL). has been the only true star here while the knicks were stinking it out at the Garden since the core of 1999 was torn apart...Allan Houston is a great knick and i hope he retires a knick.

at least Vince appreciates all Allan has done for this team...sadly not many others see it

the hate the fans have comes from his injurys. because not only is he getting paid alot for nothing, he doesent want to get surgry again when it looks like he probably needs it. he just keep saying that hes ok but whats going to happen when he bumps into a player and hes hurt again.

Lurker

Originally Posted by JJtheKnick
    the hate the fans have comes from his injurys. because not only is he getting paid alot for nothing, he doesent want to get surgry again when it looks like he probably needs it. he just keep saying that hes ok but whats going to happen when he bumps into a player and hes hurt again.
    so because of one season injured people wanna knock him on what he feels is best for his own body? that makes no sense at all man. if knicks fans are gonna try to erase everything Allan has done for this franchise the past 8 years cuz he missed 36 games total last season then im not sure where the loyalty is...i mean Allan joined the knicks in 1996 and has missed a total of 46 games...i mean people are trying to act like Allan is a player that has had injury problems for his entire career.

so what if he would played against the Nets would our chances have been that much greater? or would you guys rather have Allan sit out, get healthy and have his 18-21 ppg in the lineup for next season? come on knicks fans...lets be a little reasonable here...he has never been a player that is prone to injury...let's just wait it out to see what happens. at LEAST give him the benefit of the doubt...i think he deserves that.

im not hating on his skills,nor the fact that he was given a hell of a lot of money.im just saying he has no real leadership ability and cant make his teammates better..when crawford comes he will be a great 6th man.

alot of people even at this site all say houston is done and we have to trade. the fans dont look at the past we look in to the future.