I'm sick of Allan Houston....I want him gone

dacash

Benchwarmer
the problem with houston isnt his shooting,its all he has.my main problem is he is no leader.couldnt lead a fart out of a paper bag.thats why spree was so popular he led.marbury is trying to lead,though he should have been driving to the basket instead of passing the ball.even in ill health when a leader leads,he inspires check willis reed,no i have no problem with his play just his soft attitude.get oakley on the coaching staff to teach the younger players like sweetney,azria, hawkins nazr(if he is still around),and especially t thomas what toughness is about

nycefnl

Benchwarmer
The mistake wasn't signing Houston but to the amount he was offered. you don't offer a guy that doesn't make his teamates better more than $60 million for 7 years. They were blinded by a couple of last second shots by Allan Houston. Spreewell at that time was worth more than Houston due to the fact that Spree was counted on for offense, assists and guarding the elite players. If it wasn't for Spree's defense on Carter we'd be talking about Carter as if he were Micheal Jordan reincarnated. Spreewell shut him down. And Spree was lighter and shorter than Houston but he was called upon to guard small forwards in the league.

I'd love to see Houston gone but it is not happening. I'd trade Houston straight up for ANYONE in the league, but it's just not happening. Perhaps if he shows he's healthy during the season the Knicks could move him. I do think he's health right now. i think all the 'my knees are ailing' talk is a smoke screen to deter be shipped out of town.

youadmireme2

Benchwarmer
Not good in the clutch?

He hit that three with seconds left vs Dallas off the inbound steal by steph.

I mean there are other times but this one clicks the most

How about vs Miami?

JJtheKnick

Starter
houston is a knick and he will retire a knick. its impossable to trade him because his contract is soo much money and his knees are shot. and soon hopefully marbury willbe the actual leader of this team, it will probably in crouge the new guys because marbury is such a fighter and player.

i will never understand the hate some knicks fans have torwards Allan Houston. granted he is only a Jump Shooter and does not help his team mates get better...he has been the main reason to watch the knicks for the past 5 years. all who disagree are just blinded with your hate torwards him because of Layden giving him that 100 million dollar contract (i assume)

from 1999-2004 (till he got injured)...when you watched the Knicks who did you guys count on to make a big shot? thats right ALLAN HOUSTON i know Latrell Sprewell was loved here...he's a great player but a very streaky shooter at that...sometimes he will go 3-18 and then come the next game to torch teams with his shooting. a perfect example of Sprewell was the playoff run with the Timberwolves...whenever he played well the team usually did well...but there were days where he was just lost out there and could not hit the side of the barn.

so what's the hate on H2O? he has only gotten better as a player as the years have come along...and the season before he got injured he averaged his Career Best 22.5 Points per game, had 2 of the most memorable Knick Performances in HISTORY with Two 50 Point Performances and a memorable one against Kobe Bryant and the Lakers...and the man still gets hated on? what gives man? is it the contract Layden Gave him? i'm sure if you guys were offered $100 Million Dollars you would have all turned it down and replied with "nah, i'm not worth that". is it the fact that he replaced a player the Garden Loved in John Starks? i dont get it...but those are the only logical reasons i can come up with

i just dont understand the hate, he was the main reason we got to the Finals in 1999 (NO IT WAS NOT LATRELL SPREWELL). has been the only true star here while the knicks were stinking it out at the Garden since the core of 1999 was torn apart...Allan Houston is a great knick and i hope he retires a knick.

at least Vince appreciates all Allan has done for this team...sadly not many others see it :(

JJtheKnick

Starter
the hate the fans have comes from his injurys. because not only is he getting paid alot for nothing, he doesent want to get surgry again when it looks like he probably needs it. he just keep saying that hes ok but whats going to happen when he bumps into a player and hes hurt again.

JJtheKnick said:
the hate the fans have comes from his injurys. because not only is he getting paid alot for nothing, he doesent want to get surgry again when it looks like he probably needs it. he just keep saying that hes ok but whats going to happen when he bumps into a player and hes hurt again.
so because of one season injured people wanna knock him on what he feels is best for his own body? that makes no sense at all man. if knicks fans are gonna try to erase everything Allan has done for this franchise the past 8 years cuz he missed 36 games total last season then im not sure where the loyalty is...i mean Allan joined the knicks in 1996 and has missed a total of 46 games...i mean people are trying to act like Allan is a player that has had injury problems for his entire career.

so what if he would played against the Nets would our chances have been that much greater? or would you guys rather have Allan sit out, get healthy and have his 18-21 ppg in the lineup for next season? come on knicks fans...lets be a little reasonable here...he has never been a player that is prone to injury...let's just wait it out to see what happens. at LEAST give him the benefit of the doubt...i think he deserves that.

dacash

Benchwarmer
im not hating on his skills,nor the fact that he was given a hell of a lot of money.im just saying he has no real leadership ability and cant make his teammates better..when crawford comes he will be a great 6th man.

JJtheKnick

Starter
alot of people even at this site all say houston is done and we have to trade. the fans dont look at the past we look in to the future.

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
first point id like to amke is how is allan houston not good int he clutch. He has been one of the knicks best clutch players. How can you forget the floater in the knicks champioonship run against miami which got them to the finals., and many other times that he had made clutch shots. Ill admit hes overpaid but hes not as bad as u make him sound

pbjb14

Benchwarmer
all i have to say right now is houston is fukin talented hes been to a pair of all star games hes been to a dunk contest, hes one of the best shooters and free throw shooters in the game, yeah he is getting paid more then he deserves but should we blame houston or layden for that. Although he may njot seem like he helps his teamates get ebtter cuz he doesnt give out 5 or 6 assists a game like some 2 gaurds but i stil think his simple presense and need for the opposing defense to constiantly make sure hes not scoring opens up spots for
other players to get open shots. For example int he ents knicks series we gave up alot of turnovers off the nets putting so much pressure on starbury coming up the court they had kerry kittles covering him and martin always jumping in for backup. I highly duobt they could have done this same thing if houston was there they would be forced to ease up off starbury and make sure he couldnt just kick it out to houston.

JJtheKnick

Starter
nycefnl said:
Maybe we can trade Houston for Kittles. They're both over-paid! :hump:

are you kidding, kittles will never be half of what houston is and was. and i think houston gets paid more than kittles............ :rolling:

Bobnbuu

Rookie
Don't rip Allan Houston. When it is all said and done and he has retired, there will be a number 20 jersey hanging from the rafters. :hoops: