who is the bigger cancer recent years Marbury or D'antoni

quiggle

Starter
with today's article that Gallo was given special treatment and caused tension in the locker room, who do you consider more of a cancer that disrupt the Knicks teams from winning Marbury or D'antoni?

KingCharles34

All Star
One Star Thread

We won 33 games in 2007 with Starbury at point and Isiah as the coach. If Starbury didnt get hurt at the end of that season, we woulda made the playoffs.

Antoni has failed to help lead the knicks to 33 wins. Had he not alienated Starbury, we wouldnt have had to deal with the torture of Duhon running the team for 2 years

I've been saying this for the longest. I don't know why the organisation hasn't fixed this by now. At times, I'm not even sure if they are trying to win or lose..

Marbury took us to the ****ing playoffs.. Then Larry Brown came in and screwed him all up.. That and Isiah making dumbass personel decisions when surrounding Starbury...

iSaYughh

Starter
Steph was dropping sick numbers and balling it up for us. All-star level play, and his transformation into leader was only growing. 8+ assists, 20+ points, defense, efficiency, leadership.

Brown came on and went to war with Marbury. Look at the type of PGs Brown likes, and how he demands they play, no exceptions. He likes yes'm, yes'sir players; and experienced veterans who already fit his style that he can then mold into cast-iron models of defense and efficiency and team play.

But Isiah and Brown ****ing each other created a bastard child that was our Knick roster and team.

Marbury took it upon himself to still hold tight for the city and fans and his teammates. And did everything the Brown-Isiah tagteam desired. Transformed his entire game to get Larry Brown's nuts off.

His stats and game plummeted, along with his confidence. The rest of the team fell apart instead of getting better as Marbury's changed (read: DEVOLVED) game went down, and we had an epic fail. Brown took his fail out on the team, with Marbury as the figurehead and mantlepiece.

Of course, after all this, Steph wasn't going to act like some lowly bitch and allow the disrepect to him -- but really, the entire franchise -- to continue like that. So he riled up and began to mutiny some.

Respect, IMHO.

D'antoni isn't a cancer, yet either, though. The boys we brought in for him haven't been scrubs or jank assed fools (you might make an exception for Gallo). But Felton, STAT, AR, Turiaf, Azzy when he comes back...all the guys MD supposedly "craves", can ball it up for us or be serviceable no matter.

Cancer status would come when we start trading picks and giving big bones to past prime fringe starters like Michael Redd and Rashard Lewis in another couple years when they are FA, we're still losing, D'ant is still here, and Walsh is on his last breath of CO2 and is just opening up his pocket books for D'ant to do as he pleases.

That's a nightmare and cancer-status. I don't see it happening, tho...

iSaYughh

Starter
Co-signage to the Starbury crew above.

What a ****ing waste we made of Steph's career...Shit, ill never forget bringing in Steve Francis to pair with him, to further muck up his game.

quiggle

Starter
it's good you guys came in early because that's what I'm trying to make, can the Walsh Dantoni Gallo fanboys chime in

you know peeps who done more wrong in their life Darry Strawberry and Dwight Howard were given second chance by George Steinbrenner to redeem their lives and careers and they did okay throwing no hitter and winning some championships.

so follow the blueprint Dolan, like Steinbrenner, must give two others a chance to redeem themselves in Zeke Steph they need to reconcile and come back to help this young team get back some respect and pride for the franchise. Steph can be a back up and good mentor for the SPG and Zeke's contacts will bring in the likes of Carmelo and Paul

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
One Star Thread

We won 33 games in 2007 with Starbury at point and Isiah as the coach. If Starbury didnt get hurt at the end of that season, we woulda made the playoffs.

Antoni has failed to help lead the knicks to 33 wins. Had he not alienated Starbury, we wouldnt have had to deal with the torture of Duhon running the team for 2 years

agreed marbury did everything needed to be successful but dam'phony banished him for no reason...starbury wouldve made us a much better team no doubt

sg8

Benchwarmer
Steph was dropping sick numbers and balling it up for us. All-star level play, and his transformation into leader was only growing. 8+ assists, 20+ points, defense, efficiency, leadership.

Brown came on and went to war with Marbury. Look at the type of PGs Brown likes, and how he demands they play, no exceptions. He likes yes'm, yes'sir players; and experienced veterans who already fit his style that he can then mold into cast-iron models of defense and efficiency and team play.

But Isiah and Brown ****ing each other created a bastard child that was our Knick roster and team.

Marbury took it upon himself to still hold tight for the city and fans and his teammates. And did everything the Brown-Isiah tagteam desired. Transformed his entire game to get Larry Brown's nuts off.

His stats and game plummeted, along with his confidence. The rest of the team fell apart instead of getting better as Marbury's changed (read: DEVOLVED) game went down, and we had an epic fail. Brown took his fail out on the team, with Marbury as the figurehead and mantlepiece.

Of course, after all this, Steph wasn't going to act like some lowly bitch and allow the disrepect to him -- but really, the entire franchise -- to continue like that. So he riled up and began to mutiny some.

Respect, IMHO.

D'antoni isn't a cancer, yet either, though. The boys we brought in for him haven't been scrubs or jank assed fools (you might make an exception for Gallo). But Felton, STAT, AR, Turiaf, Azzy when he comes back...all the guys MD supposedly "craves", can ball it up for us or be serviceable no matter.

Cancer status would come when we start trading picks and giving big bones to past prime fringe starters like Michael Redd and Rashard Lewis in another couple years when they are FA, we're still losing, D'ant is still here, and Walsh is on his last breath of CO2 and is just opening up his pocket books for D'ant to do as he pleases.

That's a nightmare and cancer-status. I don't see it happening, tho...

completely agree about marbury man...we ruined him..he was terrific both with isiah and lenny and he even agreed to become f.......g duhon
(13 pts 6 ast season remember?)..i'm not anybody's lover, all i care is about the knicks,but i do acknowledge that marbury did try to do the best for the knicks and not himself..

i will always believe that the organisation f....d marbury way more than he f.....d the knicks.

p0nder

Starter
You can't really compare these two. One is a player that was mismanaged by a different coach, different GM and played with a completely different roster. The other is a coach that has been leading a rag-tag crew of scrubs into the great unknown. Compare apples to apples man.

Who was a worse coach for us? Larry Brown or D'antoni? Brown ran marburry's career into the ground, D'ant is running his god-son's into who knows what...

Who is responsible for more losses and team chemistry **** ups? Gallo, the godson accused of benefiting from nepotisim Or Starburry, a former star running a mutiny on his organization?

Those are legit questions.

This thread is just another example of someone taking things and putting them into a context JUST to provoke arguing and bullshit. Sensational pile of bullshit designed to incite anger between two different groups. You seem to forget that we are still all Knicks fans. Despite whatever "crew" you think you run with.

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
And speaking of cancers if there ever was a cancer here its Quigle. All he does is trash everyone and everything after the fact like the 20/20 hindsight Monday Morning quarterback he is. And whats your solution? Bring back Isiah, hold a weeklong starbury tribute?

I am not an advocate of being a blind fanboy (see 1/3 of this forum.) But what real moves or ideas have you proposed Quigle? Besides bitching and moaning why not actually make an informative argument instead of the usual "bad team is bad." The Knicks are 3-7 I think thats pretty obvious.

As for Team Cancerbury... Look I was one of Marbury's biggest supporters and off the court I still am. I bought his shoes, 5 pairs of em. As a human being he is flawed but his outreach to the local community and his talent as a basketball player is undeniable. I also agree that how management handled him was a disgrace. But heres the kicker kiddies...

Marbury's ego and his inability to lead a team is what ultimately doomed his career. It wasn't just the Knicks every team Marbury was on he clashed with personal.

When he was a young gun he couldn't handle Kg making more money so he bailed on the Wolves.

He had a brief period where he was "the truth" and played like a superstar for the Nets, yet he was unable to lift up the players around him or get to the playoffs. Trade was made for Kidd and the Nets go on to be an Eastern Conference Contender with multiple finals appearances.

Fast forward he goes to Phoneix and plays decent on a fairly talented and up and coming team with STAT and Marion. Give the championship spurs a run for their money. Bring in Steve Nash and you have a perennial contender (see a trend?)

But as far as his Knicks career goes they got to the playoffs once and get murdered by the Nets. After that the Isiah installs Larry Brown who previously won a championship with a bunch of misfits in Detroit and a resume of containing head case point guards ( Iverson and Billups) So don't give me the excuse that it was all Larry Brown's fault. After Larry was fired Marbury got is wish and got to be coached by Isiah... Quiggle I mean Isiah.

At this time they also added Z-Bo and Jamal Crawford who was coming off his best year under Larry and Eddy Curry more then just a bench warmer. David Lee was also coming into his own. Did Marbury lead them back to the playoffs? Nah not really more like another season of irrelevance and mediocrity 33 wins.

A fight with his coach on a plane, a sexual harassment suit etc. etc.. an all out media circus fueled by Starbury and Isiah and you now everybody hates Isiah and his boy Marbury. Whether you think this was fair or not is up for debate but it is again ultimately irrelevant as perception is often the reality.

D'Antoni and Wlash understood that all Marbury brought was bad karma and dysfunction and thats why he insulated the team from him. His hands were tied, believe me when I say that if Marbury was not such a huge media and locker room distraction he would of loved to have Marbury run his uptempo system and get himself some extra wins and added job security.

Ultimately Marbury got his money (on and off the court) and had a chance to win a championship with the Boston Celtics, the Knicks could of done far worse and traded him to Memphis like Iverson was recently (and Iverson was a hell of a lot better player and winner than marbury will ever be.)

Marbury did little to help their run and it was an easy decision for the Celtics to let him go. We are not talking about Michael Vick here, somebody who made some mistakes but ultimately redeemed themselves and returned back to prominence. This is Stephon, "I eat vaseline and cry while i have a mid life crisis on youtube" Marbury. We ALL wanted him to do well hes a New Yorker, hes gritty and he beat the odds but unlike some people here I don't make excuses for millionaires who are being paid to play the sport they love.

Marbury, David Lee the whole era they represent is one of failure and humiliation. They are history now but unlike Ewing Starks and Oakley, Or Camby Houston and Sprewell, its a history that doesn't need to be embraced or acknowledged.

metrocard

Legend
Marbury was never a cancer, and D'Antoni isn't a bad coach. He has too good of a track record to be considered one. Isiah is a BAD coach

Italian Stallion

Benchwarmer
Marbury was more talented than he was actually good. If he was more interested in the team he would have concentrated less on scoring and more on his teammates. His own scoring efficiency was BELOW AVERAGE. It wasn't great, very good, above average, or even average. It was BELOW AVERAGE. That tells you a player either doesn't understand the game despite his talents or that he's self centered and just wants to shoot and score.

He was also always a disruptive force and more interested in himself than the team (going all the way back to Minny, NJ, Phoneix and finally NY). That's why he was traded so often despite his talents.

Even today's Berman article explains it all.

If he was really a Knicks fan and cared about NY, he'd set aside the way things ended here instead of taking pot shots at Mike D'Antoni getting fired and trying to upset the chemistry, respect in the locker room for the coach, and the team's ability to attract free agents in the future. He doesn't care about the Knicks. He's Stephon MEbury.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
One Star Thread

Marbury took us to the ****ing playoffs.. Then Larry Brown came in and screwed him all up.. That and Isiah making dumbass personel decisions when surrounding Starbury...

Co-sign on both posts.

Marbury was not a cancer.

If he was a cancer, the Knicks would be doing better without him.

The Knicks are yet to make the playoffs, since Marbury has left the team. In fact, the team has won less games than they did with Marbury, which is sad, considering Marbury's highest win total in New York was 39. If D'Antoni can't top 39 wins, or even Isiah Thomas' 33 win season that he had with Eddy Curry leading the way, then he deserves to be fired.

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
haha team chinabury is so predictable, I laid out the facts and not one of you knuckle heads can refute them. What you are good at is the personal attacks as most Marbury fanatics tend to be immature or high out of their mind. So let me add you guys as well to the list of cancers that plague the Knicks and their fans.

KingCharles34

All Star
Marbury's ego and his inability to lead a team is what ultimately doomed his career. It wasn't just the Knicks every team Marbury was on he clashed with personal.

When he was a young gun he couldn't handle Kg making more money so he bailed on the Wolves.

He had a brief period where he was "the truth" and played like a superstar for the Nets, yet he was unable to lift up the players around him or get to the playoffs. Trade was made for Kidd and the Nets go on to be an Eastern Conference Contender with multiple finals appearances.

Fast forward he goes to Phoneix and plays decent on a fairly talented and up and coming team with STAT and Marion. Give the championship spurs a run for their money. Bring in Steve Nash and you have a perennial contender (see a trend?)

But as far as his Knicks career goes they got to the playoffs once and get murdered by the Nets. After that the Isiah installs Larry Brown who previously won a championship with a bunch of misfits in Detroit and a resume of containing head case point guards ( Iverson and Billups) So don't give me the excuse that it was all Larry Brown's fault. After Larry was fired Marbury got is wish and got to be coached by Isiah... Quiggle I mean Isiah.

At this time they also added Z-Bo and Jamal Crawford who was coming off his best year under Larry and Eddy Curry more then just a bench warmer. David Lee was also coming into his own. Did Marbury lead them back to the playoffs? Nah not really more like another season of irrelevance and mediocrity 33 wins.

A fight with his coach on a plane, a sexual harassment suit etc. etc.. an all out media circus fueled by Starbury and Isiah and you now everybody hates Isiah and his boy Marbury. Whether you think this was fair or not is up for debate but it is again ultimately irrelevant as perception is often the reality.

D'Antoni and Wlash understood that all Marbury brought was bad karma and dysfunction and thats why he insulated the team from him. His hands were tied, believe me when I say that if Marbury was not such a huge media and locker room distraction he would of loved to have Marbury run his uptempo system and get himself some extra wins and added job security.

Ultimately Marbury got his money (on and off the court) and had a chance to win a championship with the Boston Celtics, the Knicks could of done far worse and traded him to Memphis like Iverson was recently (and Iverson was a hell of a lot better player and winner than marbury will ever be.)

Marbury did little to help their run and it was an easy decision for the Celtics to let him go. We are not talking about Michael Vick here, somebody who made some mistakes but ultimately redeemed themselves and returned back to prominence. This is Stephon, "I eat vaseline and cry while i have a mid life crisis on youtube" Marbury. We ALL wanted him to do well hes a New Yorker, hes gritty and he beat the odds but unlike some people here I don't make excuses for millionaires who are being paid to play the sport they love.

Marbury, David Lee the whole era they represent is one of failure and humiliation. They are history now but unlike Ewing Starks and Oakley, Or Camby Houston and Sprewell, its a history that doesn't need to be embraced or acknowledged.
What good does bringin up what he did with past teams do for your argument? We aint talkin about when he played for other teams, we're talkin about when he played for the Knicks. Stay on topic.

I'm not concerned with what happened when Larry Clown was here, once Isiah starting coaching that became irrelevant.

The only thing that is relevant here is what happened once Antoni became our coach. Marbury did everything he was asked to do. Your a fool if you cant read between the lines and see that Donnie wanted to keep Starbury, Antoni didnt. I dont ever remember any of Marburys teammates calling him out at that point except maybe Q rich, but who the fukk is Qrich to be callin anyone out? Lee always had good things to say about Starbury.

The Celtics were the one team that offered Marbury a deal, so they didnt let him go. And he was a valuable player on that team. His offense wasnt good with them but his defense was great. And Bumston woulda been outta the playoffs sooner if it wasnt for Starbury, he helped them win game 5 i think it was. Then they lost games 6 and 7 but Id rather lose in 7 games then in 5 games, wouldnt you?

Marbury is a part of the failure that the Knicks have gone through this era, but a very small part just like every other player that came and went. The biggest problem was Isiah Thomas and Mike Antoni. Mikes b*tch side was exposed when he told Qrich before the first game of the 2008-09 season that Starbury was gonna be benched. The whole team knew, everybody except starbury. He didnt play in that first home game despite the fans demanding for him to come into the game. Once Crawford got traded, Antoni had the nerve to ask the player he humiliated in fornt of Marburys native new york fans if he wanted to play. If Im marbury, i dont give a fukk about money...im not playin for this shmuck. Antoni had already said something about moving forwards without marbury. He never apologized to him so that was that. Antoni doesnt communicate with the players and the foundation is the most important thing. Having a good general manager and a good coach, thats gotta be set in place and it hasnt been for years with us. So blame Antoni, Isiah, but to blame any individual player is unfair.

Your the only poster on this board that still brings up Starbury and gets angry. Thats 2 years ago breh, for someone that strives to be a decent human being you fail. I could give a fukk about Crawford, Lee, or any other former Knicks at this point. Not everybodys living in the past. Good human beings dont hold grudges and have anger in them from something that happened a few years ago thats not even a part of real life, this is just sports. Entertainment dog....Get mad at the team now, or get mad at the individuals that got us to where we are...Scott Layden, Isiah, D'antoni, Dolan, etc.

haha team chinabury is so predictable, I laid out the facts and not one of you knuckle heads can refute them. What you are good at is the personal attacks as most Marbury fanatics tend to be immature or high out of their mind. So let me add you guys as well to the list of cancers that plague the Knicks and their fans.

This is just childish right here, grow up kid. The irony of you bashing fans of a player while saying some sh*t like team chinabury is immature. No one from Team Starbury is still bringing him up, and I did once but it was as a joke which i made obvious in that thread. You seem like you been waiting for this thread for a long time....your built like a b*tch. If you really dont like me, metro, stephon marbury, abcd, and iSaYughh, then put us on ignore. Your making yourself look immature and childish...you must still be a teenager. Its aright though, you learn alot as you walk through this journey we call life. You keep learning and you gotta always be learning.

metrocard

Legend
MSGKNICKS
MAC10

You're a God amongst Gods.

Thank you for sharing the knowledge with us.

Excellent read.

Im off to boxing now!
Peace.