who are we hiring if D'antoni is gone?

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I want Patrick Ewing to get a head coaching job with the Knicks.

He worked with Dwight Howard the same year the Magic made the Finals, and he really helped improve Yao Ming's game, before he got hurt.

D'Antoni hasn't done s#!t for the Knicks, so it's time to bring someone who cares about helping the Knicks win and not about a 24 million dollar pay check.

Other people I'd like to see coach the Knicks: Lenny Wilkins(the Knicks were above .500 when he coached the team), Scott Skiles(he got Eddy Curry to average over a block per game one year. Enuff said), Jeff Van Gundy(has experience winning in New York).

iSaYughh

Starter
Skiles. Wilkins. Gundy. In that order.

Get Ewing a premier assistant position.

Putting him right in as head coach is a disaster waiting to happen. He's a knick legend, but he's just shown he can prolly be a real legit big man coach. Head coach of nyk with this roster....far cry.

Plus, being a ny legend, it would be a nightmare if he had to get canned or demoted, and his rep tarnished, bc he couldn't fly as a hc.

KBlack25

Starter
I always liked Wilkins, I wouldn't mind seeing him return.

I haven't seen anything to make me think Ewing would be a good head coach of an entire team. Knicks legend? Yes. One of the best ever? Absolutely. But brilliant head coaching prospect? D12's offensive game has remained limited until he worked out with Hakeem. I don't know what else Ewing does besides work with D12 in Orlando. As a big man or even a defensive coach? Absolutely.

Are we absolutely set on a big-name guy? Is there a Tom Thibodeau lurking somewhere?

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i think mark jackson would do a good job as coach inexperience will hurt him though, so my top choice is JVG and i still think herb would do a good job at the helm.

Paul1355

All Star
Herb? Mark Jackson? what type of coach do we want? what style?

i would want Ewing Jr....we need to teach these big men how to play basketball. and Amare can be much better with Ewing teaching him stuff.

I dont care just anyone who is tough and defensive minded

the portable man

Benchwarmer
i think if we can't find a good overall coach(defense, good plays) we need someone who can at least get the team to play to their strengths on offense and then hire an assistant for defense

it's gonna have to be someone new and young because look at doug collins, he's horrible and most of the known coaches that are available have no new tactics. look @ the hornets. im sure theres a lot of new prospect coaches out there that deserve the opportunity more

Sage

Rotation player
George Karl comes off contract this season, and while he seems to want to stay in Denver, the Knicks should at least offer to throw a bunch of cash at him.

la2ny

Starter
Well I'd want these guys...(no particular order)
1:van gundy
2:mike woodson
3:mike brown
4:herb
5:pat Ewing
6:George Karl
7:brian shaw
8:lawrence frank
9:hubie brown
10:marc Jackson

Paul1355

All Star
George Karl comes off contract this season, and while he seems to want to stay in Denver, the Knicks should at least offer to throw a bunch of cash at him.
i think over paying coaches that have been good with other teams has really hurt us...maybe we should go after a guy who has a hunger for coaching and not the paycheck

Sage

Rotation player
i think over paying coaches that have been good with other teams has really hurt us...maybe we should go after a guy who has a hunger for coaching and not the paycheck

Definitely a fair point. :thumbsup: I just like his style.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Not in any order although JVG would be my first choice:

JVG
Pat Ewing
Coach K
Clyde Frasier (yea I said it! I think his years watching this team and the respect he would command could do wonders)