who are we hiring if D'antoni is gone?

GetRealistic

Starter
The poster who wrote Hubie Brown is on to something. I"m not sure if his health is good but the guy is one of the best teachers in the game. He's not the long term fix but he could come in and finish this year and teach this team defense and run solid sets.

I think an overall culture shock is needed. A coach that will communicate with his players and hold them accountable. I'd be fine with Marc Jackson but he'd worry me because during the season he'd be unable to get a great coaching staff which he'd need since he's never done it before.

JVG would be great for press and great for us old time fans and we'd get us interested but i don't really see him interested. And i have no interest in Patrick Ewing. I'd be fine having him on the bench as an assistant but he's not a head coach. Ewing was a absolutely great player but you can't say he was a high basketball IQ guy.

I wouldn't be against Hubie.. His old ass is knowledgeable.. plus I won't have to hear him put me to sleep when I'm watching games on ESPN anymore talking about guys %'s..

Toby Kimbal

Benchwarmer
clyde frazier

i like how he calls the games from his defensive comments to his offensive ones. Fundamentals would be taught. Seriously, i'd do it............ He has said in the past he'd like to coach the Knicks.

moneyg

Starter
van gundy by far.. mike brown...lawrence frank....no to ewing.. no to mark jackson.. need a coah with experience..

since we missed out on tom thibs..whoo i wanted from the start

rady

Administrator
Staff member
Clyde Frasier (yea I said it! I think his years watching this team and the respect he would command could do wonders)

Actually i was thinking about this earlier today after reading about how D'Antoni lost the locker room. Everybody enjoys listening to Clyde when he's calling the games, he might not have coaching experience but one thing i'm sure he can do is gather everybody around him.:beer:

On a serious side, i lost a lot of passion on the Knicks after JVG left and everything fell apart. I understand that's not the reason why we're going through a 10 year nightmare but would definitely love to see him comeback and these guys some old school defence.

iJoe

Rotation player
We need a hard nosed coach like Nate Mcmillan that will teach the youngins and force them to play hard. It would also be amusing seeing Jerry Sloan whoop our kids into shape.

The ONLY available coach I'd want right now is JVG. The others are all meh....
My favorite coach who is unavailable is Rick Adelman.

For those wanting Ewing and Marc Jackson, I really don't understand..... Ewing never had a good grasp of the game and can't even land an assistant coaching position with anybody. Marc Jackson is the most annoying commentator I've ever listened to. He's one of those guys who has great natural BBall instincts, but can't teach it. He also has zero experience and no one else wants him.

iSaYughh

Starter
Clyde Frasier (yea I said it! I think his years watching this team and the respect he would command could do wonders)

That's actually revolutionary and pretty brilliant. Which is also why it wont happen.

But it's the same principle as how many smart, hardcore fans have a better handle for a given sport and their team than a majority of "professionals".

That would be akin to Clyde, who would be at the top of the food chain in knowledge and forward-thinking criticism, within the "expert fan" pool, or "professional" pool.

Plus he has the actual insider experience, connections, and respect within the game that would rival any "professional" to begin with, and that even the most expert "fan" never has.

Really, our dream team would be something like Clyde has Head Coach; Ewing to teach our bigs; overpay a premier defensive coach to take an assistant job for us.

And bring on a world-class, elite NBA handicapper to be our GM.

This will never happen in any capacity so my prediction lacks true veracity. But I would bet anything that within 5yrs we would be the league juggernaut, and certainly among the most feared, rising teams.

Scribbles

Rotation player
It would be beyond amusingly awesome to see Clyde's colorful suits on the sidelines.

He's a tad bit too old though.

You gotta realize, our team is really YOUNG. They wouldnt really relate.

Go with a solid communicator like Mark Jackson.

JVG is the clear cut choice, but he had a fallout with Dolan.

Lawrence Frank, I totally forgot about him. Good coach.

Isnt Scott Skiles coach of the Bucks or am I crazy? Why is he even mentioned....