Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 83

Thread: Official I support Mike D'Antoni thread

  1. #61
    Veteran p0nder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,323
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Can you just imagine anyone going out of their way to meet someone from the internet, to fight? like toons is gonna send like $1000 on a plane ticket, $200 on a hotel for a night, spending money, cab money to get to your area and then challenge nyk to a fight or something?

    Can anyone imagine anyone doing something so ****ing retarded as that? that is about the stupidest **** i've ever heard. but if it happened i'd want video proof.

    on to KNICKS BASKETBALL:

    While I agree that we are not a great defensive team, that's not what D'antoni has been trying to sell us. he wants defense, but clearly he is an offensive minded coach and despite his talks about defense this team needs to be on the same page offensively for us to succeed. We are practicing offense and working on that right now.

    We are improved defensively because we have better players that are willing to play good defense for us. Defense is more of a hustle and fight area for basketball anyways. Most teams do rely on defensive grit and determination rather then specific defensive sets. There are only so many things you can do with a defense, different zone combinations or man to man. You could break down kobe's game tape all day, but in the end it's the effort and energy guys that will shut him down not a specific defensive set or "brilliant coaching".

  2. #62
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,795
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Yeah. The problem last year was that we had a bunch of players (Nate Robinson, David Lee, Al Harrington) who just...didn't play defense...at all, really...

    Replace Robinson with Douglas, Lee with STAT (who isn't great but admittedly is pretty good) and give Harrington's role to Chandler and now we're a much better team defensively. Felton has energy and hustles, Fields plays smart D, Gallo is always improving, Mozgov blocks shots and Stoudemire despite not being an amazing defender is getting better at it...beats the old team defense

  3. #63
    Veteran StEpHoN_mArBuRy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Queenz
    Posts
    3,086
    Rep Power
    16

    Default

    Originally Posted by SSj4Wingzero
    Yeah. The problem last year was that we had a bunch of players (Nate Robinson, David Lee, Al Harrington) who just...didn't play defense...at all, really...

    Replace Robinson with Douglas, Lee with STAT (who isn't great but admittedly is pretty good) and give Harrington's role to Chandler and now we're a much better team defensively. Felton has energy and hustles, Fields plays smart D, Gallo is always improving, Mozgov blocks shots and Stoudemire despite not being an amazing defender is getting better at it...beats the old team defense
    HOW COULD YOU FORGET THE MOST IMPORTANT MAN IN THIS AREA FOR US!?


  4. #64
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,795
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Because I was doing it by position. I still consider Mozgov our starting Center for some reason...heh.

  5. #65
    Sexy Stud knickzrulezH20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,781
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Dog don't come on here talking tough when you have no idea who your directing it to. I'm POSITIVE you don't wanna see me outside your little internet world so please be easy homie. I post on here cause i'm a Knicks fan but please do not come at me like that unless you really wanna see me. I have NO PROBLEM giving you my location since I know you will never do it. Seriously, please be easy homie. This is not a game.

    Watch out bros and hoes we got a tough guy. I'm scared already.

  6. #66
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Dog don't come on here talking tough when you have no idea who your directing it to. I'm POSITIVE you don't wanna see me outside your little internet world so please be easy homie. I post on here cause i'm a Knicks fan but please do not come at me like that unless you really wanna see me. I have NO PROBLEM giving you my location since I know you will never do it. Seriously, please be easy homie. This is not a game.
    hahaha bitch ass *****
    where im from, we dont watch faces....anyone could get dropped
    so i dont give a fu-ck who you are, i talk to everyone however the fu-ck i feel....if u have a problem, ask someone smart enough to show you how to block me, or ignore my posts...*******
    how about you hop on a plane and come to the Bahamas to see me? Hahaha, i just came from the beach yesterday homie....smoking joints on my jet ski...drinkin a kalik...
    cool off and put on ur hoodie *****....
    its like a zero chance me n u will ever meet ever in life
    so how about you stop acting tough... lmao, come see you?
    you really think its that serious?
    its 75 degrees out here!

    KNICKS ALL DAY EVERY ****-IN DAY!!!!

  7. #67
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Thank you! That's all I'm trying to say about the defense but since guys see that we average more blocks and steals they automatically assume TEAM defense is so great. Some guys need to stop being stat boys and actually watch the games.

    To everyone who still can't comprehend this, please go check some old Knicks games from the 90's. Those teams weren't averaging the blocks or getting the amount of steals this team gets BUT they were a far superior defensive team. LOL @ dudes using differential blocks and point difference to gauge team defense. Go watch some games man!
    i DIDNT SAY TEAM DEFENSE IT ELITE DUMMY.

    i said it was a great improvement over last year, and your blocks and steals indicate that. Mainly because we have a new cast of players. When shooting above 40% from 3 the knicks are 5 and 0

    The old knicks were a half court team
    i watch all knicks games
    i play fantasy ball with amare and felton on my squad
    lol at u tellin me watch games....
    . Bottom line, Ibelieve in Mike...eff what u herrd

    I said, read the 'Mind of Dantoni' Thread. Its a system players have to buy into. The players are buying into it, and so am i. why? because im a knick too!
    Last edited by Toons; Nov 23, 2010 at 09:18.

  8. #68
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by Toons
    Why is everyone so caught up on pick and roll? like that one tired ass play will be the savior of the knicks. The pick n Roll works best when teams play man to man. It gives us the option to capitalize on mismatches and we can set more effective picks if our spacing is right. I said it before in the 'Mind of Dantoni' thread that our offense is our problem. We need to hit open shots....point blank.
    we won over 20 games with pick and roll alone in the past and now we have an upgrade at PG and PF so we should be using it constantly.

    Amare is the best at this play so why no use it?


    Felton can't pass to Amare on the p and r because he doesnt drive deep enough to the basket so the second defender can double him, leaving Amare open for the slam

  9. #69
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    we won over 20 games with pick and roll alone in the past and now we have an upgrade at PG and PF so we should be using it constantly.

    Amare is the best at this play so why no use it?


    Felton can't pass to Amare on the p and r because he doesnt drive deep enough to the basket so the second defender can double him, leaving Amare open for the slam this makes no sense. why would a second defender double felton? is that a givin that felton will get doubled? why would a defender leave their man, to double felton? if amare is setting the pick, why is felton driving to the basket? just shut up paul, ur embarrassing yourself.
    oooooooh 20 games? woooooooow
    20 paula?
    did you not see david lee's jumpshot improve off of the pick and pop?
    we probably scored 10 points a game off the pick n roll last season.
    really paula, its not that big of a play
    we are winning, using actual offensive sets that look good to watch, and you still complain, ''waaaah waaaah waaaah, we didnt do the pick n roll, i want to get duhon back to we can pick n roll and turn mozgov into a 20,, 10 guy, an make stat a 30 ppg player''
    gtfohwtbs

  10. #70
    Knicks Guru hometheaterguy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Posts
    1,017
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd
    Toons is just mad cause he knows it's just a matter of time before D'Antoni gets fired. Don't even listen to him.

    D'Antoni's record with the Knicks: 65-111(.369)
    You realize the first 2 years were sacrificed to dump contracts right!?!?! This technically is his first year as the coach. I am 100% sure when he interviewed for the job Walsh warned him that he will be basically dumping 2 years while they rebuild. I mean I read what you guys say about him and I am sure he is aware of what the papers and talk shows are saying so it has to be excruciating to sit back for 2 years and except losing because of a far off plan like dumping contracts and getting cap friendly. Now he and Walsh are putting together the team they want and feel the can, over time, win and stay competitive for a long time. We see what this team can and can't do now with the current players. To me, they look like they are 1 maybe 2 players away form being a top 10 team' maybe even top 6 or 5.... We are close my friends!! Real close!!!

  11. #71
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by Toons
    hahaha bitch ass *****
    where im from, we dont watch faces....anyone could get dropped
    so i dont give a fu-ck who you are, i talk to everyone however the fu-ck i feel....if u have a problem, ask someone smart enough to show you how to block me, or ignore my posts...*******
    how about you hop on a plane and come to the Bahamas to see me? Hahaha, i just came from the beach yesterday homie....smoking joints on my jet ski...drinkin a kalik...
    cool off and put on ur hoodie *****....
    its like a zero chance me n u will ever meet ever in life
    so how about you stop acting tough... lmao, come see you?
    you really think its that serious?
    its 75 degrees out here!

    KNICKS ALL DAY EVERY ****-IN DAY!!!!
    Your right I probably will never see your gay ass. However, if you EVER feel the need to visit NY, I DARE you to talk tough where I can see you. U WILL GET STOMPED THE **** OUT and I put everything on that. See the problem is some dudes get real comfortabe and safe talking **** on here knowing they can't be directly located.

    I apologize to all the real peeps on KOL for this nonsense but some people really need their face smashed in. This will be my last post regarding that bitch as TOONS. Like I said man, if your ever in NY I DARE YOU to act tough anywhere I can see you. I'll even video that **** for everyone on here as proof.

    @knickzrulezH20: The same goes for you too man. Don't talk if you gonna hide behind your PC.

  12. #72
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by hometheaterguy
    You realize the first 2 years were sacrificed to dump contracts right!?!?! This technically is his first year as the coach. I am 100% sure when he interviewed for the job Walsh warned him that he will be basically dumping 2 years while they rebuild.
    So you're telling me James Dolan paid Mike D'Antoni 12 million dollars in his first 2 seasons to lose?

    I don't think so.

    Walsh's 2010 plan failed, so it's either playoffs or fired for D'Antoni.

    If D'Antoni was technically in his first season, why is there a 90% chance he will be fired, if the Knicks don't make the playoffs this year?

    Is it maybe because he's in his 3rd year coaching, and Knick fans like myself and others are tired of losing?

    I'm happy the Knicks have been on a winning streak, but they're only 1.5 games out of 14th place in the East.

    The Knicks have done these mini win streaks before, in each of their last 6 losing seasons.

    Unless the Knicks can get above .500 and maintain it for 3 weeks, I'm not impressed.

  13. #73
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Your right I probably will never see your gay ass. However, if you EVER feel the need to visit NY, I DARE you to talk tough where I can see you. U WILL GET STOMPED THE **** OUT and I put everything on that. See the problem is some dudes get real comfortabe and safe talking **** on here knowing they can't be directly located.

    I apologize to all the real peeps on KOL for this nonsense but some people really need their face smashed in. This will be my last post regarding that bitch as TOONS. Like I said man, if your ever in NY I DARE YOU to act tough anywhere I can see you. I'll even video that **** for everyone on here as proof.

    @knickzrulezH20: The same goes for you too man. Don't talk if you gonna hide behind your PC.
    Listen here you lil *****
    only because im bored at work, im gonna respond to your foolishness....
    internet fighting guy? really now? how old are u? 12?
    broke ass will probably never see the bahamas in ur lifetime, so yeah, i might come visit NY....probably to watch a game...i understand how poor folk like you need cash, so ill buy you a ticket.
    Come on now, im too old for fighting. i dont do face smash ins lol
    I aim for the head.

    no one takes you serious, u probably need friends or something.


    Shots fa snots!!!

  14. #74
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by abcd

    Is it maybe because he's in his 3rd year coaching, and Knick fans like myself and others are tired of losing?

    I'm happy the Knicks have been on a winning streak, but they're only 1.5 games out of 14th place in the East.

    The Knicks have done these mini win streaks before, in each of their last 6 losing seasons.

    Unless the Knicks can get above .500 and maintain it for 3 weeks, I'm not impressed.
    cosign this post, damn, 1.5 out of 14th place? we need to pick it up.
    I believe we will though....
    Turiaff had an important quote after the cats game
    he said he wasnt happy about the win...he was really upset that they let a 16 pt lead go in the 4th. My hopes r up....but i can see why urs is down.
    as a knick fan, i feel ur pain brother, but 10 new players is something to be optimistic about...feel me?

  15. #75
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,227
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Your right I probably will never see your gay ass. However, if you EVER feel the need to visit NY, I DARE you to talk tough where I can see you. U WILL GET STOMPED THE **** OUT and I put everything on that. See the problem is some dudes get real comfortabe and safe talking **** on here knowing they can't be directly located.

    I apologize to all the real peeps on KOL for this nonsense but some people really need their face smashed in. This will be my last post regarding that bitch as TOONS. Like I said man, if your ever in NY I DARE YOU to act tough anywhere I can see you. I'll even video that **** for everyone on here as proof.

    @knickzrulezH20: The same goes for you too man. Don't talk if you gonna hide behind your PC.
    Guess what genius, this is the internet, if you hadn't realised... People can say whatever the hell they want and you have no power to stop them. Sooner this fact dawns on you the sooner you can chill the **** out, son.

Similar Threads

  1. D'antoni Accepts Offer to Coach Knicks
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: Jan 26, 2012, 17:27
  2. Replies: 29
    Last Post: May 17, 2011, 11:40
  3. Mike D'Antoni The Meter Is Running
    By KNICKMATIC809 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: Apr 28, 2010, 20:25
  4. NOW Mike D'Antoni doesnt believe in Duhon
    By StreetDreams21 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Nov 13, 2009, 16:11
  5. D'antoni in Love with the Big ****
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: Jul 14, 2008, 11:23

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •