Official I support Mike D'Antoni thread

Paul1355

All Star
Paul1355, we gotta be patient.
Ive been patient for two seasons and I gave Mike D the pass on that, now he has his players and we still don't compete at a decent level....we barely edged it out over a really bad Kings team...I doubt we get more than 35 wins this year.

We are 4-8 and we still have not established the pick and roll.

Either we get a new PG that can perform the pick and roll, or we get a new coach because we are taking away an easy ten to twenty ppg by not using that play.

Toons

is the Bo$$
Ive been patient for two seasons and I gave Mike D the pass on that, now he has his players and we still don't compete at a decent level....we barely edged it out over a really bad Kings team...I doubt we get more than 35 wins this year.

We are 4-8 and we still have not established the pick and roll.

Either we get a new PG that can perform the pick and roll, or we get a new coach because we are taking away an easy ten to twenty ppg by not using that play.

Why is everyone so caught up on pick and roll? like that one tired ass play will be the savior of the knicks. The pick n Roll works best when teams play man to man. It gives us the option to capitalize on mismatches and we can set more effective picks if our spacing is right. I said it before in the 'Mind of Dantoni' thread that our offense is our problem. We need to hit open shots....point blank.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Why is everyone so caught up on pick and roll? like that one tired ass play will be the savior of the knicks. The pick n Roll works best when teams play man to man. It gives us the option to capitalize on mismatches and we can set more effective picks if our spacing is right. I said it before in the 'Mind of Dantoni' thread that our offense is our problem. We need to hit open shots....point blank.

You think it's that simple? Every team in the league would benefit from hitting open shots. We still have to run smarter plays and rebound the ball better. Shot blocking is better but overall team defense isn't all that great.

The pick and roll is important due to the type of player we have in STAT.

Your right, offense is a problem but not just because the FG% is low. Shot selection is often horrible and takes us out of games or prevents us from consistently getting back in games.

Toons

is the Bo$$
You think it's that simple? Every team in the league would benefit from hitting open shots. We still have to run smarter plays and rebound the ball better. Shot blocking is better but overall team defense isn't all that great.

The pick and roll is important due to the type of player we have in STAT.

Your right, offense is a problem but not just because the FG% is low. Shot selection is often horrible and takes us out of games or prevents us from consistently getting back in games.

It is that simple. i never disagreed with running smarter plays, or rebounding. I think we do need better rebounding.

Team defense isnt all that great? My dude, we are first in the NBA in team blocks per game at almost 8. Blocking is 'better'?? We made a total 180 in the blocking category. We are 10th in steals as a team. So until you bring some stats to back up our 'sub-par' defense, your comment holds no water.

Just as you say amare is a PNR player, our system is designed to hit open three's. I see the importance of the one player in amare getting what he likes, but we have an entire team of shooters, that can make defenses pay for sweatin STAT so tough. I think the team shots are more important than amare's numbers and how he scores.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Our defense is actually pretty OK. What seems to be killing us is giving up a lot of points on the break due to bricked 3's and whatnot. The poor shot selection is indirectly leading to us giving up a lot of points, and that's probably our biggest problem.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Why are you on my dick?

Crazy8's you look like Bruno.

Mike D'Antoni all day everyday until he doesn't have this team over .500 in 30 games.

Thats my deadline.

You're a whore. But not as much of a whore as your mommy.

I've seen a pic of that hoe, and she is gagging for semen in her eyes. Shall I post it?

p0nder

Starter
<---check the pic.

I've always liked the D'antoni style of ball. I like fast paced games, high scoring, high flying, exciting basketball. I like running the PnR, I like the 3 ball. I think we play great team basketball on both ends of the court.

And most importantly it's fun! Players enjoy playing in this system. Opposing coaches HATE playing against it. We get highlight reel material every night in MSG and I can't remember the last time it was like that. Spreewell used to make it once in a while, but it was typically the same rim rocking jam off a steal or long rebound. Now we've got felton making smooth moves, drives and passes, Amar'e making amazing plays, Gallo hitting shots from 2 Burroughs over, Chandler has some monster dunks, etc etc.

It's fun to watch the Knicks. When was the last time you could say that? For me... it was '99, over a decade ago... So thank you to Coach D'antoni!

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
^Agreed. The Isiah years were awful to watch, and D'Antoni's first two weren't much better because all he was doing was waiting until 2010

nyk_nyk

All Star
It is that simple. i never disagreed with running smarter plays, or rebounding. I think we do need better rebounding.

Team defense isnt all that great? My dude, we are first in the NBA in team blocks per game at almost 8. Blocking is 'better'?? We made a total 180 in the blocking category. We are 10th in steals as a team. So until you bring some stats to back up our 'sub-par' defense, your comment holds no water.

Just as you say amare is a PNR player, our system is designed to hit open three's. I see the importance of the one player in amare getting what he likes, but we have an entire team of shooters, that can make defenses pay for sweatin STAT so tough. I think the team shots are more important than amare's numbers and how he scores.

Your so caught up in Dantoni basketball that you disregard fundamental basketball. It's one thing to hit open shots, but it really hurts the team if your shot selection is crappy. Taking a 3 just for the sake of shooting it is not good and will cause huge problems eventually. The team has been taking less 3s lately and you've seen an increase in FT attempts. This has helped Gallo immensely. You sound like Dantoni thinking that its ok to keep launching up 3s because eventually they will go in. WE DO NOT HAVE AN ENTIRE TEAM OF SHOOTERS JUST BECAUSE THEY ACTUALLY SHOOT THE BALL... you are aware of that right? Most of our players are much stronger when they drive to the basket.

Some info for you: Blocked shots is NOT the only measure of a good defensive TEAM. There are way more better defensive teams that average less blocks than we do. The Knicks are 3rd in points allowed at 108ppg. Are those stats good enough for you?

Toons

is the Bo$$
Your so caught up in Dantoni basketball that you disregard fundamental basketball. It's one thing to hit open shots, but it really hurts the team if your shot selection is crappy. Taking a 3 just for the sake of shooting it is not good and will cause huge problems eventually. The team has been taking less 3s lately and you've seen an increase in FT attempts. This has helped Gallo immensely. You sound like Dantoni thinking that its ok to keep launching up 3s because eventually they will go in. WE DO NOT HAVE AN ENTIRE TEAM OF SHOOTERS JUST BECAUSE THEY ACTUALLY SHOOT THE BALL... you are aware of that right? Most of our players are much stronger when they drive to the basket.

Some info for you: Blocked shots is NOT the only measure of a good defensive TEAM. There are way more better defensive teams that average less blocks than we do. The Knicks are 3rd in points allowed at 108ppg. Are those stats good enough for you?

You idiot....a more important statistic is the difference between points allowe dand points scored, which is -1 seeing that we post 107ppg. Yes its negative, because we have a losing record. But we are 15th in point difference. Meaning we are in the middle of the pack....not 3rd.
We are first in blocks, and first in differential blocks. 10th in steals, and 8th in differential. My point is, in previous years we were at the bottom 5 in those categories, which means, we have improved tremendously on defense.
You are stating obvious facts with no insight...if you can read, i said we need to take SMARTER SHOTS you retard....less threes dont mean increase ft you dummy, we got free throws from attacking the basket. we could have taken midrange shots or scored other ways....on the block or sum shit.
Hey .... we have a team filled with shooters....ok?
mason
azubuike
rautins
fields
chandler
gallo
amare
douglas
felton

i can go on, all those dudes can shoot the ball.

check your facts homeboy....n stop regurgitating dumb shit, cuz i know ur smarter than that....

read the m ind of dantoni thread...just trust in the system....its gonna be fine

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
You idiot....a more important statistic is the difference between points allowe dand points scored, which is -1 seeing that we post 107ppg. Yes its negative, because we have a losing record. But we are 15th in point difference. Meaning we are in the middle of the pack....not 3rd.
We are first in blocks, and first in differential blocks. 10th in steals, and 8th in differential. My point is, in previous years we were at the bottom 5 in those categories, which means, we have improved tremendously on defense.
You are stating obvious facts with no insight...if you can read, i said we need to take SMARTER SHOTS you retard....less threes dont mean increase ft you dummy, we got free throws from attacking the basket. we could have taken midrange shots or scored other ways....on the block or sum shit.
mason
azubuike
rautins
fields
chandler
gallo
amare
douglas
felton

check your facts homeboy....n stop regurgitating dumb shit, cuz i know ur smarter than that....

read the m ind of dantoni thread...just trust in the system....its gonna be fine

Just to reinforce your point, we give up more points because our fast style of play leads to more possessions for both teams hence the inflated points allowed stat, hence why the differential is the key.

nyk_nyk

All Star
mason
azubuike
rautins
fields
chandler
gallo
amare
douglas
felton

Idiot??? Retard??? Dummy??? All over a internet post?? You guys are a bunch of losers. lol

If I knew you I'd slap your moms for that disrespect homie. REAL TALK

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Idiot??? Retard??? Dummy??? All over a internet post?? You guys are a bunch of losers. lol

Toons is just mad cause he knows it's just a matter of time before D'Antoni gets fired. Don't even listen to him.

D'Antoni's record with the Knicks: 65-111(.369)

Our defense is improved fo sho.. But that's not saying much. We're still not a great defensive team, not even good. Guys still look lost too often out there and there are still too many mental lapses. Right now basically we're just playing instinctive D. Guys relying on their athletic ability to try and get stops. There still isn't a set defensive scheme like many of the great defensive teams in the league have.

Toons

is the Bo$$

Take the insult personal you twat. lol. My mom? hahaha ''yo mama'' lol im supposed to be mad now?
u lost the argument, your points are stupid and hold no weight
u lost
hence, the loser is you.

dont call dumb stats to prove our point if you dont know shit. you should thank me for giving insight on ''differentials'' instead of babbling some random as bullshit.

nyk_nyk

All Star
Our defense is improved fo sho.. But that's not saying much. We're still not a great defensive team, not even good. Guys still look lost too often out there and there are still too many mental lapses. Right now basically we're just playing instinctive D. Guys relying on their athletic ability to try and get stops. There still isn't a set defensive scheme like many of the great defensive teams in the league have.

Thank you! That's all I'm trying to say about the defense but since guys see that we average more blocks and steals they automatically assume TEAM defense is so great. Some guys need to stop being stat boys and actually watch the games.

To everyone who still can't comprehend this, please go check some old Knicks games from the 90's. Those teams weren't averaging the blocks or getting the amount of steals this team gets BUT they were a far superior defensive team. LOL @ dudes using differential blocks and point difference to gauge team defense. Go watch some games man!

nyk_nyk

All Star
Take the insult personal you twat. lol. My mom? hahaha ''yo mama'' lol im supposed to be mad now?
u lost the argument, your points are stupid and hold no weight
u lost
hence, the loser is you.

dont call dumb stats to prove our point if you dont know shit. you should thank me for giving insight on ''differentials'' instead of babbling some random as bullshit.

Dog don't come on here talking tough when you have no idea who your directing it to. I'm POSITIVE you don't wanna see me outside your little internet world so please be easy homie. I post on here cause i'm a Knicks fan but please do not come at me like that unless you really wanna see me. I have NO PROBLEM giving you my location since I know you will never do it. Seriously, please be easy homie. This is not a game.