Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 83

Thread: Official I support Mike D'Antoni thread

  1. #46
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    You think it's that simple? Every team in the league would benefit from hitting open shots. We still have to run smarter plays and rebound the ball better. Shot blocking is better but overall team defense isn't all that great.

    The pick and roll is important due to the type of player we have in STAT.

    Your right, offense is a problem but not just because the FG% is low. Shot selection is often horrible and takes us out of games or prevents us from consistently getting back in games.

    It is that simple. i never disagreed with running smarter plays, or rebounding. I think we do need better rebounding.

    Team defense isnt all that great? My dude, we are first in the NBA in team blocks per game at almost 8. Blocking is 'better'?? We made a total 180 in the blocking category. We are 10th in steals as a team. So until you bring some stats to back up our 'sub-par' defense, your comment holds no water.

    Just as you say amare is a PNR player, our system is designed to hit open three's. I see the importance of the one player in amare getting what he likes, but we have an entire team of shooters, that can make defenses pay for sweatin STAT so tough. I think the team shots are more important than amare's numbers and how he scores.

  2. #47
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Our defense is actually pretty OK. What seems to be killing us is giving up a lot of points on the break due to bricked 3's and whatnot. The poor shot selection is indirectly leading to us giving up a lot of points, and that's probably our biggest problem.

  3. #48
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,488
    Rep Power
    27

    Default

    Originally Posted by metrocard
    Why are you on my dick?

    Crazy8's you look like Bruno.

    Mike D'Antoni all day everyday until he doesn't have this team over .500 in 30 games.

    Thats my deadline.

    You're a whore. But not as much of a whore as your mommy.

    I've seen a pic of that hoe, and she is gagging for semen in her eyes. Shall I post it?

  4. #49
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    bump this.....

  5. #50
    Veteran p0nder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,323
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    <---check the pic.


    I've always liked the D'antoni style of ball. I like fast paced games, high scoring, high flying, exciting basketball. I like running the PnR, I like the 3 ball. I think we play great team basketball on both ends of the court.

    And most importantly it's fun! Players enjoy playing in this system. Opposing coaches HATE playing against it. We get highlight reel material every night in MSG and I can't remember the last time it was like that. Spreewell used to make it once in a while, but it was typically the same rim rocking jam off a steal or long rebound. Now we've got felton making smooth moves, drives and passes, Amar'e making amazing plays, Gallo hitting shots from 2 Burroughs over, Chandler has some monster dunks, etc etc.

    It's fun to watch the Knicks. When was the last time you could say that? For me... it was '99, over a decade ago... So thank you to Coach D'antoni!

  6. #51
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,792
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    ^Agreed. The Isiah years were awful to watch, and D'Antoni's first two weren't much better because all he was doing was waiting until 2010

  7. #52
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by Toons
    It is that simple. i never disagreed with running smarter plays, or rebounding. I think we do need better rebounding.

    Team defense isnt all that great? My dude, we are first in the NBA in team blocks per game at almost 8. Blocking is 'better'?? We made a total 180 in the blocking category. We are 10th in steals as a team. So until you bring some stats to back up our 'sub-par' defense, your comment holds no water.

    Just as you say amare is a PNR player, our system is designed to hit open three's. I see the importance of the one player in amare getting what he likes, but we have an entire team of shooters, that can make defenses pay for sweatin STAT so tough. I think the team shots are more important than amare's numbers and how he scores.
    Your so caught up in Dantoni basketball that you disregard fundamental basketball. It's one thing to hit open shots, but it really hurts the team if your shot selection is crappy. Taking a 3 just for the sake of shooting it is not good and will cause huge problems eventually. The team has been taking less 3s lately and you've seen an increase in FT attempts. This has helped Gallo immensely. You sound like Dantoni thinking that its ok to keep launching up 3s because eventually they will go in. WE DO NOT HAVE AN ENTIRE TEAM OF SHOOTERS JUST BECAUSE THEY ACTUALLY SHOOT THE BALL... you are aware of that right? Most of our players are much stronger when they drive to the basket.

    Some info for you: Blocked shots is NOT the only measure of a good defensive TEAM. There are way more better defensive teams that average less blocks than we do. The Knicks are 3rd in points allowed at 108ppg. Are those stats good enough for you?

  8. #53
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Your so caught up in Dantoni basketball that you disregard fundamental basketball. It's one thing to hit open shots, but it really hurts the team if your shot selection is crappy. Taking a 3 just for the sake of shooting it is not good and will cause huge problems eventually. The team has been taking less 3s lately and you've seen an increase in FT attempts. This has helped Gallo immensely. You sound like Dantoni thinking that its ok to keep launching up 3s because eventually they will go in. WE DO NOT HAVE AN ENTIRE TEAM OF SHOOTERS JUST BECAUSE THEY ACTUALLY SHOOT THE BALL... you are aware of that right? Most of our players are much stronger when they drive to the basket.

    Some info for you: Blocked shots is NOT the only measure of a good defensive TEAM. There are way more better defensive teams that average less blocks than we do. The Knicks are 3rd in points allowed at 108ppg. Are those stats good enough for you?
    You idiot....a more important statistic is the difference between points allowe dand points scored, which is -1 seeing that we post 107ppg. Yes its negative, because we have a losing record. But we are 15th in point difference. Meaning we are in the middle of the pack....not 3rd.
    We are first in blocks, and first in differential blocks. 10th in steals, and 8th in differential. My point is, in previous years we were at the bottom 5 in those categories, which means, we have improved tremendously on defense.
    You are stating obvious facts with no insight...if you can read, i said we need to take SMARTER SHOTS you retard....less threes dont mean increase ft you dummy, we got free throws from attacking the basket. we could have taken midrange shots or scored other ways....on the block or sum ****.
    Hey .... we have a team filled with shooters....ok?
    mason
    azubuike
    rautins
    fields
    chandler
    gallo
    amare
    douglas
    felton

    i can go on, all those dudes can shoot the ball.

    check your facts homeboy....n stop regurgitating dumb ****, cuz i know ur smarter than that....

    read the m ind of dantoni thread...just trust in the system....its gonna be fine

  9. #54
    Hannibal Lecter TR1LL10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dark side of the Moon
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by Toons
    You idiot....a more important statistic is the difference between points allowe dand points scored, which is -1 seeing that we post 107ppg. Yes its negative, because we have a losing record. But we are 15th in point difference. Meaning we are in the middle of the pack....not 3rd.
    We are first in blocks, and first in differential blocks. 10th in steals, and 8th in differential. My point is, in previous years we were at the bottom 5 in those categories, which means, we have improved tremendously on defense.
    You are stating obvious facts with no insight...if you can read, i said we need to take SMARTER SHOTS you retard....less threes dont mean increase ft you dummy, we got free throws from attacking the basket. we could have taken midrange shots or scored other ways....on the block or sum ****.
    Hey .... we have a team filled with shooters....ok?
    mason
    azubuike
    rautins
    fields
    chandler
    gallo
    amare
    douglas
    felton

    i can go on, all those dudes can shoot the ball.

    check your facts homeboy....n stop regurgitating dumb ****, cuz i know ur smarter than that....

    read the m ind of dantoni thread...just trust in the system....its gonna be fine
    Just to reinforce your point, we give up more points because our fast style of play leads to more possessions for both teams hence the inflated points allowed stat, hence why the differential is the key.

  10. #55
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by Toons
    You idiot....a more important statistic is the difference between points allowe dand points scored, which is -1 seeing that we post 107ppg. Yes its negative, because we have a losing record. But we are 15th in point difference. Meaning we are in the middle of the pack....not 3rd.
    We are first in blocks, and first in differential blocks. 10th in steals, and 8th in differential. My point is, in previous years we were at the bottom 5 in those categories, which means, we have improved tremendously on defense.
    You are stating obvious facts with no insight...if you can read, i said we need to take SMARTER SHOTS you retard....less threes dont mean increase ft you dummy, we got free throws from attacking the basket. we could have taken midrange shots or scored other ways....on the block or sum ****.
    Hey .... we have a team filled with shooters....ok?
    mason
    azubuike
    rautins
    fields
    chandler
    gallo
    amare
    douglas
    felton

    i can go on, all those dudes can shoot the ball.

    check your facts homeboy....n stop regurgitating dumb ****, cuz i know ur smarter than that....

    read the m ind of dantoni thread...just trust in the system....its gonna be fine
    Idiot??? Retard??? Dummy??? All over a internet post?? You guys are a bunch of losers. lol

    If I knew you I'd slap your moms for that disrespect homie. REAL TALK

  11. #56
    KnicksonLIN.com
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    3,073
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Idiot??? Retard??? Dummy??? All over a internet post?? You guys are a bunch of losers. lol

    If I knew you I'd slap your moms for that disrespect homie. REAL TALK
    Toons is just mad cause he knows it's just a matter of time before D'Antoni gets fired. Don't even listen to him.

    D'Antoni's record with the Knicks: 65-111(.369)

  12. #57
    Veteran StEpHoN_mArBuRy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Queenz
    Posts
    3,086
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Our defense is improved fo sho.. But that's not saying much. We're still not a great defensive team, not even good. Guys still look lost too often out there and there are still too many mental lapses. Right now basically we're just playing instinctive D. Guys relying on their athletic ability to try and get stops. There still isn't a set defensive scheme like many of the great defensive teams in the league have.

  13. #58
    is the Bo$$ Toons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Bahamas
    Posts
    2,379
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Idiot??? Retard??? Dummy??? All over a internet post?? You guys are a bunch of losers. lol

    If I knew you I'd slap your moms for that disrespect homie. REAL TALK

    Take the insult personal you twat. lol. My mom? hahaha ''yo mama'' lol im supposed to be mad now?
    u lost the argument, your points are stupid and hold no weight
    u lost
    hence, the loser is you.

    dont call dumb stats to prove our point if you dont know ****. you should thank me for giving insight on ''differentials'' instead of babbling some random as bull****.

  14. #59
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    Our defense is improved fo sho.. But that's not saying much. We're still not a great defensive team, not even good. Guys still look lost too often out there and there are still too many mental lapses. Right now basically we're just playing instinctive D. Guys relying on their athletic ability to try and get stops. There still isn't a set defensive scheme like many of the great defensive teams in the league have.
    Thank you! That's all I'm trying to say about the defense but since guys see that we average more blocks and steals they automatically assume TEAM defense is so great. Some guys need to stop being stat boys and actually watch the games.

    To everyone who still can't comprehend this, please go check some old Knicks games from the 90's. Those teams weren't averaging the blocks or getting the amount of steals this team gets BUT they were a far superior defensive team. LOL @ dudes using differential blocks and point difference to gauge team defense. Go watch some games man!

  15. #60
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by Toons
    Take the insult personal you twat. lol. My mom? hahaha ''yo mama'' lol im supposed to be mad now?
    u lost the argument, your points are stupid and hold no weight
    u lost
    hence, the loser is you.

    dont call dumb stats to prove our point if you dont know ****. you should thank me for giving insight on ''differentials'' instead of babbling some random as bull****.
    Dog don't come on here talking tough when you have no idea who your directing it to. I'm POSITIVE you don't wanna see me outside your little internet world so please be easy homie. I post on here cause i'm a Knicks fan but please do not come at me like that unless you really wanna see me. I have NO PROBLEM giving you my location since I know you will never do it. Seriously, please be easy homie. This is not a game.

Similar Threads

  1. D'antoni Accepts Offer to Coach Knicks
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 51
    Last Post: Jan 26, 2012, 16:27
  2. Replies: 29
    Last Post: May 17, 2011, 10:40
  3. Mike D'Antoni The Meter Is Running
    By KNICKMATIC809 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: Apr 28, 2010, 19:25
  4. NOW Mike D'Antoni doesnt believe in Duhon
    By StreetDreams21 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: Nov 13, 2009, 15:11
  5. D'antoni in Love with the Big ****
    By MSGKnickz33 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: Jul 14, 2008, 10:23

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •