Fields taking over gradually? Gallo needs to GTFO. Douglas in a slump?

the portable man

Benchwarmer
57%fg through 10 games, 10ppg and check this the most impressive stat 0.8 TO's in 28mpg, unheard of for a rookie and he's doing this as a 4th or 5th option just playing the right way, setting screens, spreading out, slashing and he GETS EASY BUCKETS moving without the ball

i mean he has basically been playing in the zone thus far, no soft shit like gallo

on to gallo, i never really mentioned how perplexed i was when dantoni praised gallo for his shooting early on when in italy he was a great playmaker. the time has come where it's obviously not working. there is no excuse for shooting 30% through 10 games, and actually it's ALL gallo's fault. IMO he took upon this pure shooter image and he doesn't fit it, yet he continues to shoot bricks. in that case he has extremely low iq if he doesn't realize he needs to pass it off and get better shots through off-ball movement. just because the nba turned out tougher than he expected doesn't mean u can't gradually build by being a team player, so based on that he needs to go no excuses. he has limited game in the nba pure and simple, ron artest would shoot a better % taking those type of shots

we don't need to waste another season just so next season he can be a slightly better shooter get my drift

and WTF @ douglas starting to settle more and more for 3's. he's the quickest guy we have and is great around the basket. i don't care how many open 3's he's getting he should only take em when wide open, not those pathetic 3pt handoffs dantoni has em do almost every time WHERE IT"S NOT A CLEAR LOOK

2 people to blame for this despicable 3-8 start

DANTONI
DANTONI'S BROTHER
GALLI

they don't do shit for the team, have horrible philosophies and just suck @ coaching and developing players

bye

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
agreed fields is a beats he's a really smart player and that enables him to make up for his inexperience and at facets of the game where he's weaker then other players. he moves well hustles every play( thats why he gets tip ins and putbacks ) and today he was involved in the game the team looked to him more we need to do that more. him and amare have an understanding of each other and they find each other from time to time. he should honestly start to be the 3rd option at this juncture, and by midseason he could be the 2nd he's real consistent and thats what it takes to make that leap consistency, looks like the steal of the draft

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
what about FRAUD tonight calling out his team mates then grabbing 6rbs and missing FTs

gallo missed key free throws, chandler missed key free throws, felton missed key free throws. STAT had a good game. yea sure he couldve grabbed more boards and i'd like him to yet we won the rebounding 55-41 so that didnt kill us. what killed us tonight was the 3's and bad double teams. it wasnt stats fault he came out and had a good game.

the portable man

Benchwarmer
what about FRAUD tonight calling out his team mates then grabbing 6rbs and missing FTs

its a shame but gallo went 2-10, NO EXCUSE for that, ****ing chucker

i'd deal an unproven player immediately if he did something like that

gallo is a bigger cancer now that marbury could ever be

also chandler just needs to leave on his own

i'd be embarassed if i played like either of them two for a job that pays millions

i would stop shooting altogether and just play D

this is a just a huge fail in knicks history

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Notice Gallo being more aggressive in the 4th quarter though? Not just him, the whole team. D'Antoni should make it like there's no three point line and have these guys attack all night long. These guys are young and quick. The team feeds off each other attacking.

I was already a Fields fan, and man oh man, tonight he was great. It's easy to see he's smart.

the portable man

Benchwarmer
agreed fields is a beats he's a really smart player and that enables him to make up for his inexperience and at facets of the game where he's weaker then other players. he moves well hustles every play( thats why he gets tip ins and putbacks ) and today he was involved in the game the team looked to him more we need to do that more. him and amare have an understanding of each other and they find each other from time to time. he should honestly start to be the 3rd option at this juncture, and by midseason he could be the 2nd he's real consistent and thats what it takes to make that leap consistency, looks like the steal of the draft

i agree

the sg/sf spots were wide open before the season. chandler and gallo both shoot 42% and play like playground noobs, this was the best timing

now if we could just get a team oriented guard in a trade for galli and chandler, i'd even go for gary forbes. guy plays the right way. let the nuggets try figuring out ways to get galli easier shots to make up for his low IQ cuz obviously dicktoni doesnt offer much

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
I know D'Antoni's system is predicated on shooting 3's but my goodness we should stop shooting those damn 3's.

Gallo only took 9 shots that weren't 3's and yet got sent to the line 8 times...you know what that means? If he drives to the basket more...

Chandler had a great game with the blocks and the good shooting. Also good to see him getting to the line.

Amar'e only hit 3-8 from the charity stripe. That's terrible. I know all players have bad games, but that's inexcusable.

Even Felton had a good statline today, 11 assists and 19 points on 13 shots isn't too terrible.

Fields with a beast night...Fields alone is a reason we shouldn't get rid of Donnie Walsh...EVER. My goodness, he snagged this guy at a point where nobody ever really drafts anybody thinking they're getting something impressive...

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
Well at least the one bright spot we have is Fields. This kid has real potential and not the kind that asks you to perform mental gymnastics like Gallo learning how to post or play defense HAH..

Landry Fields has the potential to just be a solid dude starting at the 2 or 3 position period. If he stays on course he will be a career starter and glue guy as he has no big weaknesses. Dude will produce every night because being from Stanford he has a diversified portfolio including scoring, rebounding, slashing, hustling. Guys like Landry don't have "off" days because he does so many things right its hard for him to do them all wrong one night. While one trick ponies or in this case roosters like Gallo rely way to much on their one thing.

Not everybody has to be a superstar, and this kid Landry will fit in perfectly as a Shane Battier, Trevor Ariza type impact player who does not need the ball to be effective. For all of Donnie's drafting woes got to give him credit for pulling highway robbery getting Landry at 39.

Paul1355

All Star
57%fg through 10 games, 10ppg and check this the most impressive stat 0.8 TO's in 28mpg, unheard of for a rookie and he's doing this as a 4th or 5th option just playing the right way, setting screens, spreading out, slashing and he GETS EASY BUCKETS moving without the ball

i mean he has basically been playing in the zone thus far, no soft shit like gallo

on to gallo, i never really mentioned how perplexed i was when dantoni praised gallo for his shooting early on when in italy he was a great playmaker. the time has come where it's obviously not working. there is no excuse for shooting 30% through 10 games, and actually it's ALL gallo's fault. IMO he took upon this pure shooter image and he doesn't fit it, yet he continues to shoot bricks. in that case he has extremely low iq if he doesn't realize he needs to pass it off and get better shots through off-ball movement. just because the nba turned out tougher than he expected doesn't mean u can't gradually build by being a team player, so based on that he needs to go no excuses. he has limited game in the nba pure and simple, ron artest would shoot a better % taking those type of shots

we don't need to waste another season just so next season he can be a slightly better shooter get my drift

and WTF @ douglas starting to settle more and more for 3's. he's the quickest guy we have and is great around the basket. i don't care how many open 3's he's getting he should only take em when wide open, not those pathetic 3pt handoffs dantoni has em do almost every time WHERE IT"S NOT A CLEAR LOOK

2 people to blame for this despicable 3-8 start

DANTONI
DANTONI'S BROTHER
GALLI

they don't do shit for the team, have horrible philosophies and just suck @ coaching and developing players

bye
honestly only Amare and Fields are untradeable

Paul1355

All Star
Notice Gallo being more aggressive in the 4th quarter though? Not just him, the whole team. D'Antoni should make it like there's no three point line and have these guys attack all night long. These guys are young and quick. The team feeds off each other attacking.

I was already a Fields fan, and man oh man, tonight he was great. It's easy to see he's smart.
Gallo still threw up 20 something shots and only scored 21 points...he is too inconsistent

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Best thing about Fields is that you can tell he has great basketball IQ. He's got great positioning so he grabs a ton of boards and he knows how to play without just using sheer athleticism and skill to beat people, because, face it, he's not that athletic and that good of a player skill-wise, but man he knows where to be.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Yeah, I will have to admit that he's much more athletic than I thought.

But he's still not a "blow you away" athleticism type of guy like Anthony Randolph or Nate Robinson - he's athletic enough to get to the basket if he drives when he has a good lane, which is good enough.

the portable man

Benchwarmer
felton, fields, amare is the key now even tho felton is slow as shit, i'd trade him instantly for the right player

his d is pathetic against real competition but he's a stand-up guy and his fg% has improved drastically, but if 3.4 to's per game dont go down he needs to be dealt unless he can keep his fg% up which is a miracle given his career 41%, but then again at least he's better than baron davis

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Fields looked like a budding Gerald Wallace last night.

Wallace
Ariza
Battier

Pick a comparison. The kid's wiley intangibles are unteachable and underpraised in a highlight league.

CoolClyde

Feels for the game

Landry Feels is the second coming of David Lee. High basketball IQ, ability to get to the rim, drive, put backs, etc. He's probably better now than DLEE was when he first joined Knicks, he can only improve.

Monster game against Denver last night! Our one bright spot on a miserably coached team.

p0nder

Starter
I put Fields on Shane Battier's level of intelligence and effectiveness. He's not going to put up crazy stat lines like that all the time, but he does the hustle plays, the gritty defensive work, cleaning the glass, boxing out his man, solid basketball fundamentals that this team needs in order to improve. Honestly a lot of these guys should take some pointers from him because he is putting on a fundamental/hustle clinic.

metrocard

Legend
I feel like Fields can average 16 and 7...

Just needs to improve his ball handling/passing, outside shot and stop biting on pumpfakes, overall his defense is pretty good.

I'm liking this dude. Lets take it slow though. We don't know how his potential is, well I don't know.