Fields is smarter than D'antoni? Yes.

CLYDE

Benchwarmer
In all honesty I think a young rookie is actually basketball smarter than the Guru D'antoni.

Fields runs with his head up, moves, looks for opportunities, takes good shots, does not chuck up 3's, maintains his dribble, fights over picks.

And, if you watch him closely, he adjusts to what is happening in the game! He thinks about what is working and what is not!!

Does our coach adjust to what is going on, or just say like last night "we can't just stop shooting 3's". Maybe that is why this team is 3 & 8, out of 11 games there has been 2 or 3 games where the 3's fell in. What a brilliant coach.

I can't beleive Walsh does not see D'antoni's shortcomings. Honestly, no other NBA coach would be so ignorant.

Paul1355

All Star
In all honesty I think a young rookie is actually basketball smarter than the Guru D'antoni.

Fields runs with his head up, moves, looks for opportunities, takes good shots, does not chuck up 3's, maintains his dribble, fights over picks.

And, if you watch him closely, he adjusts to what is happening in the game! He thinks about what is working and what is not!!

Does our coach adjust to what is going on, or just say like last night "we can't just stop shooting 3's". Maybe that is why this team is 3 & 8, out of 11 games there has been 2 or 3 games where the 3's fell in. What a brilliant coach.

I can't beleive Walsh does not see D'antoni's shortcomings. Honestly, no other NBA coach would be so ignorant.
fields is a smart cookie, he doesn't really take in the Mike D philospophy of run and chuck, he usually charges the basket and finds the open man and always cuts to the basket....just a good all around player with great athleticism and IQ.

elcol

Rotation player
the only thing i could think of doing was rate this thread 5 stars because it is so true

nyk_nyk

All Star

I have definitely noticed that. LF plays what he believes is smart basketball and that's why he stands out.