Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hate to break it to you guys but....

Default Hate to break it to you guys but....

Landry is as good as gone. if the Nuggets make a Trade with us for Melo, he's the first guy they would want along with Will.

Also anybody else think Melo looks better without the Headband? I always thought Headband players were kinda Douchey.

No comment about Melo's looks...

But yeah I agree on the Nuggets most likely requesting fields if we are going to work out a trade for Melo.. Chandler and Gallo are 50-50 split on who they may ask for imo.. BUT.. If we wait til trade deadline we can throw out a **** offer.. All the pressure would be on Denver at that point because it would be their last chance to get something in return for him should he walk away..

I doubt it. Gallo had the best game of his career against DEN last season, and they don't want him.

I say screw DEN. Call their bluff, watch deadline pass and then just sign Melo when the season's over.

Originally Posted by StEpHoN_mArBuRy
    No comment about Melo's looks...

But yeah I agree on the Nuggets most likely requesting fields if we are going to work out a trade for Melo.. Chandler and Gallo are 50-50 split on who they may ask for imo.. BUT.. If we wait til trade deadline we can throw out a **** offer.. All the pressure would be on Denver at that point because it would be their last chance to get something in return for him should he walk away..
    Yeah but a team like the Bulls might throw together some kind of 3 team trade so we always gotta be ready for a trade war.

I would love to keep Landry though. He is so Talented, and has such a great basketball IQ, Imagine how good he will be 2 years from now! he could be putting up All Star numbers!

Originally Posted by KnicksWillRiseAgain
    Landry is as good as gone. if the Nuggets make a Trade with us for Melo, he's the first guy they would want along with Will.

Also anybody else think Melo looks better without the Headband? I always thought Headband players were kinda Douchey.
    Fields is one guy we should lock up and make untradeable.

But i see what your saying, Fields is the only consistent young player on this team.

Fields to me should be unshopable

If I was GM I don't know what I'd do.

I want to keep Fields and Chandler. If we waited for free agency we'd be able to keep Gallo too. Gonna be interesting to see how it all unfolds.

Originally Posted by RunningJumper
    If I was GM I don't know what I'd do.

I want to keep Fields and Chandler. If we waited for free agency we'd be able to keep Gallo too. Gonna be interesting to see how it all unfolds.
    id trade Gallo and Chandler before trading Fields....think about it.

Fields is consistent where Chandler and Gallo are not.

Fields can actually play as a solid SG where Chandler and Gallo have to play either a 3 or a 4.

Imagine a lineup of:
    Felton
    Fields
    Melo
    Amare
    Turiaf

No inconsistency, all smart players, the only thing hurting is a strong bench but Mike D likes a short rotation anyways.

Fields is more valuable.

Veteran

Angry Wait untill Melo become a 2011 FA

Landry Fields is the "Bright-Spot" of the Knicks this season, the Knicks do have a history
    of getting rid of their bright-spot players (since Lonnie Shelton, Sugar Ray, Ray Williams,
    Anthony Mason, Starks, Sprewell, KVH, Ariza, Nate, Lee).

The Denver Nuggets is a defensive team with Nene, K-Mart, Birdman, Carter, Billups.
    The last 5 years the Denver organization been building the Nuggets team around high
    scoring Carmelo Anthony defenseless talent.

I would not give the Denver Nuggets Fields & Will for Melo. Hell No!
    The Nuggets would have a chance at becoming a better team in that trade by signing
    FA Zach Randolph in the offseason (Nene, Zach, Birdman, Harrington, Will, Fields, JR Smith,
    Billups, and Ty Lawson). That rotation of players would be a contender in the 2011-12 season.
    HELL NO!!!
    Last edited by Kiyaman; Nov 19, 2010 at 19:44.

Superstar

Originally Posted by Kiyaman
    Landry Fields is the "Bright-Spot" of the Knicks this season, the Knicks do have a history
    of getting rid of their bright-spot players (since Lonnie Shelton, Sugar Ray, Ray Williams,
    Anthony Mason, Starks, Sprewell, KVH, Ariza, Nate, Lee).

The Denver Nuggets is a defensive team with Nene, K-Mart, Birdman, Carter, Billups.
    The last 5 years the Denver organization been building the Nuggets team around high
    scoring Carmelo Anthony defenseless talent.

I would not give the Denver Nuggets Fields & Will for Melo. Hell No!
    The Nuggets would have a chance at becoming a better team in that trade by signing
    FA Zach Randolph in the offseason (Nene, Zach, Birdman, Harrington, Will, Fields, JR Smith,
    Billups, and Ty Lawson). That rotation of players would be a contender in the 2011-12 season.
    HELL NO!!!
    You're kidding when you say Nene, Zach, Birdman, Harrington, Will, Fields, JR Smith, Billups and Lawson would be contenders right? They'd be destroyed by the likes of the Spurs and Mavs, not even looking at teams like the Lakers.

I remember when Channing Frye was untouchable... that turned out great right?

The problem is people naturally want to keep players when they're doing good and trade them when they're bad. It doesn't work that way. The best scenario is to give up a player when they're performing above their level to get the best value. We're not gonna get any trade value for someone whos in a slump.

Originally Posted by iJoe
    You're kidding when you say Nene, Zach, Birdman, Harrington, Will, Fields, JR Smith, Billups and Lawson would be contenders right? They'd be destroyed by the likes of the Spurs and Mavs, not even looking at teams like the Lakers.

The problem is people naturally want to keep players when they're doing good and trade them when they're bad. It doesn't work that way. The best scenario is to give up a player when they're performing above their level to get the best value. We're not gonna get any trade value for someone whos in a slump.
    5 Star post!

Originally Posted by iJoe

I get what you're saying, but Fields AND Will? I don't like it.

Melo might WANT to play with those two. He might be just hoping for the FA.

If it was one of the two, I wouldn't like it, but very understandable. I don't want to trade both though.

fields too good to give up

gallo and chandler 4 melo would be amaZing

Originally Posted by Paul1355
    id trade Gallo and Chandler before trading Fields....think about it.

Fields is consistent where Chandler and Gallo are not.
    Ciao Paul,
    is there any chance that you're going to change your mind on Gallo consistency ? What this guy needs to do ?

SO BE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Remember Channing Frye? Great start to his rookie season, had some thinking he shouldve been drafted #1 (over Chris Paul, Deron Williams, and Bogut) he was untradable to us thus NY not being able to nab Artest who was lobbying to be a Knick.

Fast forward and re-visit that trade and we are talking steal for us!

We've also turned down deals for Frank Williams and Micheal Sweetney in the past!

This summer there was those who thought I was crazy for suggesting Randolph and Gallo for Melo

Nuff said.

Hot rookie starts don't mean that they are on their way to stardom in the league (just like slow starts don't mean bust) sometimes we have seen the best from them (think Channing Frye) I like Feilds and the intangiables he brings, he is the biggest steal in this year's draft hands down

But is he really the deal breaker for us getting Melo?

Now....being that Melo is a FA next season there is the possibility that we don't give up jack to get him and just sign him out right, but if we are talking strictly trades here, then Feilds will be apart of the package and with no 1st rounders to throw in their Feilds is certainley a nice compensation for a lack of picks.

Also untradable is a dumb concept when a team is rebuilding....To quote two revolutionist

"The biggest mistake a man can make is to think he isnt expendable, truth is anyone can be replaced"

-Che

"By any means neccessary"

-Malcom X

If Melo was on The Knicks this season we would be 9-4 as oppossed to 5-8, thats the difference between being 4th in the East and 10th!

Laundry Feilds can be had!