Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hate to break it to you guys but....

KnicksonLIN.com

Originally Posted by KnicksWillRiseAgain
    Landry is as good as gone. if the Nuggets make a Trade with us for Melo, he's the first guy they would want along with Will.

Also anybody else think Melo looks better without the Headband? I always thought Headband players were kinda Douchey.
    Just like the Knicks didn't get Lebron James, they're not getting Carmelo Anthony.

Originally Posted by abcd
    Just like the Knicks didn't get Lebron James, they're not getting Carmelo Anthony.
    Melo wants to be here, dont compare the two

Originally Posted by kukoc7
    Ciao Paul,
    is there any chance that you're going to change your mind on Gallo consistency ? What this guy needs to do ?
    He has to constantly look for an open lane to drive. He has to draw fouls because when he drives he almost draws a foul automatically because Gallo is a good actor and can flop. He has to post up more, no one can stop a 6'10 shooter in the post.

Gallo struggles when he settles for the outside shot and does nothing else.

On defense Gallo allows guys to drive off him with their dominate hand. Look at the game when Paul Peirce destroyed Gallo on simple lay ups. Gallo allowed Pierce to drive with is right hand open lane! That is probably on Mike D but still, Gallo can't allow that, that is fundamentals, force a guy to go to his non dominate hand.

The reason why Gallo has to look to drive is because teams play him tight on the ball. The only thing that will allow teams to give you some room is either being fast off the ball and coming off screens like Ray Allen or by constantly driving which forces teams to play you back to guard the drive.

Then once Gallo learns this and does it every night, he can be consistent and can be very good.

He is not at that point right now, and it might take years.

The problem I have with Gallo is that Knick fans have been preaching what I just told you since he came in the NBA and he still hasn't learned these things and he hasn't posted up or drove every game. That is on the coaching staff but watching game tape can solve Gallo's problems, I dont see the complicated matter.

And Gallo needs to get angry. He plays at hi best when he is pissed off, example would be when he faced Melo last year and scored 30 points with Melo in his face. He only did that because Melo was talking trash to him.

Gallo needs to apporach a game being pissed off and do what I said at the top of my post....then this guy can average 20 ppg easy.
    Last edited by Paul1355; Nov 20, 2010 at 22:22.

landry > melo

Veteran

The Nuggets are as good as gone. From relevancy.

They ****ed themselves grossly mis-evaluating Gallo, and disrespecting him and Donnie's negotiations. Now Walsh is going to serve up revenge, ice cold.

Pretty soon DEN will be begging for Gallo straight up as Walsh laughs and hangs up, while Carmelo licks his shop over prime NYC real estate to join.

Gallo is reverse hijacking DEN leverage. Walsh could trade w DEN easier. But for same reasons Melo will want to sit tight even more and just flock to NYC as absolute priority #1.