Mozgov would score if we used the P&R

Scipio

Benchwarmer
Okay folks here`s something I have noticed from watching the Knicks all season long.

Many posters on this forum are saying that Mozgov isn`t contributing much and I would have to agree but the fact that he doesn`t score is because Raymond Felton refuses to use the pick and roll with him.

During every single game of the season Mozgov has run the pick and roll time and time again. It always ends with him moving to the basket unguarded and able to get a dunk or easy layup.

The problem is that Felton never passes him the damn ball, he seems to be incapable of running the pick and roll. During the FIBA world championships Mozgov was excellent at the pick and roll he`s brilliant at it, it`s one of his strengths but Felton always refuses the pass.

Honestly, the next time that you watch a Knicks game, perhaps tonight, watch how many times Moxgov plays the pick and roll, finds himself unguarded as he rolls to the basket only to have Felton ignore him. If Felton could run the pick and roll I think that Moz could be a good scorer. As it is he is forced to take jump shots which just isn`t his game.

What do you guys think? Has anyone else noticed that during games?

iSaYughh

Starter
Agreed. His numbers are outrageously meek. But it's mainly because he doesn't get any confidence or plays run for him.

We may as well be starting AR. Yet we aren't...and continue to trot out arguably the worst:

Backcourt
&
Center

In the conference.

Paul1355

All Star
Okay folks here`s something I have noticed from watching the Knicks all season long.

Many posters on this forum are saying that Mozgov isn`t contributing much and I would have to agree but the fact that he doesn`t score is because Raymond Felton refuses to use the pick and roll with him.

During every single game of the season Mozgov has run the pick and roll time and time again. It always ends with him moving to the basket unguarded and able to get a dunk or easy layup.

The problem is that Felton never passes him the damn ball, he seems to be incapable of running the pick and roll. During the FIBA world championships Mozgov was excellent at the pick and roll he`s brilliant at it, it`s one of his strengths but Felton always refuses the pass.

Honestly, the next time that you watch a Knicks game, perhaps tonight, watch how many times Moxgov plays the pick and roll, finds himself unguarded as he rolls to the basket only to have Felton ignore him. If Felton could run the pick and roll I think that Moz could be a good scorer. As it is he is forced to take jump shots which just isn`t his game.

obviously, during the FIBA games Mozgov constantly did a pick and roll.

Felton fails as a P and R PG.....if we had Duhon, no joke, he would be feeding Amare and Mozgov all game

Toons

is the Bo$$
obviously, during the FIBA games Mozgov constantly did a pick and roll.

Felton fails as a P and R PG.....if we had Duhon, no joke, he would be feeding Amare and Mozgov all game

Paul, really, give the Pick n roll shit a rest ok? its not the most effective play in basketball on offense. Go and goodle it. Gat damn

Paul1355

All Star
Paul, really, give the Pick n roll shit a rest ok? its not the most effective play in basketball on offense. Go and goodle it. Gat damn
your retarded Toons....and an even bigger one for putting my quote on the bottom of your sig....

Can Felton do the pick and roll? Answer honestly.

Would Duhon be better at the actual play? From what history has shown we go with Duhon. Every other skill goes to Felton but this guy just cant pass on the pick and roll yet. It has always been the main play for MIke D's teams which allowed him to win over 50 games a year consistently.

So stop thinking we can win by throwing bricks, we cant.

Gallo and Amare have to draw a large number of fouls ever night, hustle for rebounds Turiaf has to stay out of foul trouble, and we have to hit open shots...this could keep us at an 8th seed....if we had the pick and roll we would crush teams every night. When you run a pick and roll constantly with great efficiency then the opposing defense just plays no pressure defense to guard the one play. It is a highly efficient play, always has been, i dont know what your smoking but pass it.

Think toons before you take something so minor and blow it up in your fantasy world of being good at arguments.

Paul1355

All Star
If Felton was a passer like steve nash, Mozgov and Amare would be getting the pick and roll all day, this is Felton's only weakness, he can't comprehend the simple play.

Toons

is the Bo$$
your retarded Toons....and an even bigger one for putting my quote on the bottom of your sig....

Can Felton do the pick and roll? Answer honestly.

Would Duhon be better at the actual play? From what history has shown we go with Duhon. Every other skill goes to Felton but this guy just cant pass on the pick and roll yet. It has always been the main play for MIke D's teams which allowed him to win over 50 games a year consistently.

So stop thinking we can win by throwing bricks, we cant.

Gallo and Amare have to draw a large number of fouls ever night, hustle for rebounds Turiaf has to stay out of foul trouble, and we have to hit open shots...this could keep us at an 8th seed....if we had the pick and roll we would crush teams every night. When you run a pick and roll constantly with great efficiency then the opposing defense just plays no pressure defense to guard the one play. It is a highly efficient play, always has been, i dont know what your smoking but pass it.

Think toons before you take something so minor and blow it up in your fantasy world of being good at arguments.

you really believe that Raymond Felton, NBA Starting point guard does not know how to pass off of a pick? Watch the gaddamn games paul other teams are clogging the paint, we HAVE TO HIT OPEN SHOTS. just shut up and believe in mikes system.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
I guess I'm alone here... the problem isn't Felton... when Moz gets in the game I see plenty of pick and rolls but this guy can't catch a ball to save his life. He's still young and very new in the NBA... the ball is flying a lot faster then he has ever seen before and his teammates(Felton & Amar'e) are reluctant to feed him the ball if he is going to turn it over half the time.

elcol

Rotation player

look, its not only that mozgov has lost confidence, so has felton.. mozgov moves his eyes and his body before he catches the ball, which results in turnover after turnover, because of that he can't catch the ball unless both the pg and him are running towards the basket and the ball comes between him and the basket, thats when he can catch it. felton and other pg/distributors don't like to pass to him for exactly that reason?

its not like felton has a grudge on him or smt, mozgov just thinking too quickly..

elcol

Rotation player
furthermore, felton is more inclined to fade off the pick instead of driving off of it, which means mozgov has to turn his head to catch the ball then turn around and go in, which we've seen stat do many times. mozgov isn't good at that yet, but as long as he works on it, he'll get it. he is simply making his move before he catches it, which results in an awkward catch or no catch at all.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star

The problem is Mozgov's inability to hold onto the ball. I think it has to do with his poor language and communication skills, which will improve in time.

iJoe

Rotation player
Felton is still learning the nuances of the pick and roll and lets face it.... Amare makes the pick and roll a lot easier for a PG since he's so great at catching with his gigantic meat hands and knows exactly where to move.

I noticed while watching a few games that if Mosgov messes up one pass or shot, the entire team kinda ignores him on the next few possessions. Thats one case where I definitely put the heat on Dantoni. He needs to yell at the team to not ignore a player when they're wide open under the rim.

Still... apparently Mosgov is a team favorite and the rest of the locker room loves the guy. The bench goes nuts when he makes a big play and he's definitely got wads of potential. Lets just hope the coaches work with him and he gets his confidence boost.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
He's new to the NBA.

Players who are new to the league are given crap from league veterans all the time. It's all about earning your spot on the team, which Mozgov is currently doing.