Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 31

Thread: Really dumb move by Melo and whole organization

  1. #1
    Quiet Storm New New York's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    2,431
    Rep Power
    15

    Default Really dumb move by Melo and whole organization

    So it appears Melo has pulled himself out of the next two games due to his poor performance and needing rest for his injuries

    By why these two and not Charlotte and Clev. ?

    In all actuallity he shouldve rested for 3 games starting with Denver, yet I get it why he wanted to be out there against Denver and we did need him

    But why not Charlotte and The Cavs? We showed that we wouldve won without him against the Bobcats and showed we would have lost with or without him against The Cavs (because no one could keep Anderson Varrejo off the boards) but now the choice by him and the coaching staff is to sit him out?

    This creates a lose lose for him,because it is likely that we lose both in which case he is blamed by some (like me) for sitting out the wrong 2 games, or imagine if we win both without him, then you will have people in the media and posters all over the net claiming we "better without him"

    I know you don't coach and decide to rest yourself based on public perception....fine, but what kind of affect does it have on the locker room when your best player and team capo decides to sit out the most difficult and right now the most important game of the season?

    Poor choice top to bottom!!!!

  2. #2
    Veteran StEpHoN_mArBuRy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Queenz
    Posts
    3,086
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    I agree he should've been resting along time ago. With that said I don't blame him necessarily for taking these 2 games of specifically, but I can see why some fans would be upset.

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Greenwich Village
    Posts
    334
    Rep Power
    9

    Default Better late than never

    He should have sat out because he was hurting the team and himself.

    Who we were playing did not matter then, and should not matter now. This is not the playoffs, which is the only time you might consider playing that hurt.

    As for hurting the team, perhaps it is a silver lining, because his attitude needs to change, and if he were more effective perhaps never would have.

    Until he understands that he is hurting the team even when he scores 45 and shoots 60% from the floor, if the ball does not move and the team defense is not there, let alone what he has been doing lately, we will never win a championship.

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    162
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Big game against the Heat and Melo is taking the night off. Trade this guy out of here.

  5. #5
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    I think there's more to this. To be continued.

  6. #6
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by joegti10
    Big game against the Heat and Melo is taking the night off. Trade this guy out of here.
    Why is this a big game? Its only January. It's more a big game for the fans because we want to see all the star players between these teams on national TV.

  7. #7
    Veteran p0nder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,323
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Melo needs to rest. he should have rested ages ago but his damn ego got in the way. now he NEEDS to rest and it sucks cause we need him against lebron who he always dominates against.

    All i can hope is that him and baron have good conversations on the bench in street clothes and come back together to lead the knicks on a tear through the rest of the season.

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    162
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Why is this a big game? Its only January. It's more a big game for the fans because we want to see all the star players between these teams on national TV.
    Well, if you look at the standings about 1/4 into the season, as of today the Knicks are not in the playoffs...

  9. #9
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by joegti10
    Well, if you look at the standings about 1/4 into the season, as of today the Knicks are not in the playoffs...
    Well lucky for us the playoffs don't start today.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    162
    Rep Power
    0

    Default

    Originally Posted by nyk_nyk
    Well lucky for us the playoffs don't start today.
    All I can say is hopefully Baron Davis can carry the team on his bad back. Not going to happen. This team is headed nowhere but south in the standings unless major changes are made. First with Dantoni, second with shipping out Melo.

  11. #11
    Veteran nyk_nyk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,529
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Originally Posted by joegti10
    All I can say is hopefully Baron Davis can carry the team on his bad back. Not going to happen. This team is headed nowhere but south in the standings unless major changes are made. First with Dantoni, second with shipping out Melo.
    Wow, so you give up on Melo THAT quickly? You're basically suggesting that no matter who the coach is, Melo will bring the team down. DEN performed just fine with him. They were always competitive in the tough western conf.

  12. #12
    Nein, Mann! Weissenberg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rotterdam
    Posts
    3,058
    Rep Power
    15

    Default

    Now they're even more competitive, Carmelo fans just don't see that the Nuggets are completely rebuilt, some players developed, some were drafted. Remember the 2007/08 season? Denver got swept in the first round despite having Carmelo, Iverson, Camby, JR and K-Mart... mostly because Carmelo's chucking, only Camby and Carter who aren't real shooters averaged lower FG% than Anthony (36%).
    Carmelo doesn't make anyone on his team better, without Billups probably he would never pass the first round...

  13. #13
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    683
    Rep Power
    10

    Default Resting Carmelo

    I do not think that it is a bad idea to rest Carmelo so that he can deal with these relatively minor but nagging injuries. It is probably also a good idea not to rush Baron. If they both come back together it will be a new start and perhaps this period of truly dismal basketball will cease.

    There was an ESPN article about Amare and the state of his current play. It was not encouraging. His injuries could be well on the way to eroding his signature athleticism. I am not too happy with our prospects going forward. Perhaps a healthy Carmelo and a healthy Baron will improve those prospects. I can wait a few days. Besides, it was not likely -- given our current play -- that we would have beaten either Miami or Houston.

  14. #14
    Superstar nuckles2k2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,172
    Rep Power
    10

    Default

    Originally Posted by Dzwonsson
    Now they're even more competitive, Carmelo fans just don't see that the Nuggets are completely rebuilt, some players developed, some were drafted. Remember the 2007/08 season? Denver got swept in the first round despite having Carmelo, Iverson, Camby, JR and K-Mart... mostly because Carmelo's chucking, only Camby and Carter who aren't real shooters averaged lower FG% than Anthony (36%).
    Carmelo doesn't make anyone on his team better, without Billups probably he would never pass the first round...
    All of that is true, but if you think Denver is getting past the Thunder or even the Blasers with Gallo, Rudy, Ty, Birdman, and Nene....you're wrong.

    Denver is a great regular season team, they're not a title contender. A team with Carmelo, Amar'e, and Tyson, with some competent coaching, is a title contender. Our bench isn't great, but you can't say it's terrible with Jordan, Lin, and even Renaldo getting essentially 0 mins. Those are a few bodies that can be pigeonholed into specific roles on a contending team to supplement a strong starting 5 that plays inside-out to showcase their dominant front line.

    Denver never won anything with Melo, cause Melo had very little help. He's never been on a team with the likes of Amar'e and now Tyson. Now that he has those guys, two of the 3 have been taking the most ridiculous shots for about 16 of the 18 games they've played so far.

    How can you assess anything when Melo basically carried the team in the playoffs last year, only to have two victories in Boston stolen by bad calls and poor coaching, with an injured Amar'e and an absent Billups; and this year, MDA has yet to alter the approach?

    Do we know what kind of devastation possibly awaits the other 29 teams if Melo is feeding the ball to STAT in some 3-4 two man game?

    How will we ever know that unless it's implemented?

    I mean....I know 2K12 is just a video game...but when I run some pick-and-roll with STAT & Melo....I feel like I'm cheating. It feels sort of dirty.

    How come we haven't seen it at least one time in roughly 1,746 possessions?

    Coach.....hello?

  15. #15
    SWAGABURY KingStarbury3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chinabury
    Posts
    3,313
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    They might wanna put the Spurs and Wolves on ESPN instead. And whats the deal with no Lakers or Clippers tonight? smh @ tonights schedule

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •