New York Knicks @ Sacramento Kings Game Thread 11/17/2010

Will the Knicks win tonight's game against the Kings?

• Yes, and all the D'Antoni haters will wish they never doubted him.

Votes: 2 11.8%
  • Yes, of course.

Votes: 10 58.8%
  • No.

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
We did, however, put up a mere 15 three pointers, though. Half the usual amount. A factor in Gallo's success, though he did play a smart, deliberate offensive game.

I think it's important we stay reasonably grounded though. We beat the Kings.

rather be hyped about a win than over-hyped about a loss.. :cool:

KBlack25

Starter
We did, however, put up a mere 15 three pointers, though. Half the usual amount. A factor in Gallo's success, though he did play a smart, deliberate offensive game.

Yes true...but in the win column it counts the same as any other one...focus on the Clips and going into G-State and getting that win back we gave to them at home...

Play smart, play focused...get to the hoop and take smart shots. When we do that, we can win games.

iJoe

Rotation player
Finally the knicks end the losing streak. Now we gotta take out the clippers Friday night...there off to a bad start but we cant take them lightly. If we can go 2 and 2 on this westcoast trip thats not bad, that might be enough to prevent Fire Dantoni chants when we return home and play the bobcats. We got a chance against the Warriors too, i heard David Lee had to have a 2nd surgery today to clean out where the infection was

We'll sic Eddy Curry on them and let him take a bite out of whoever is hot. We'll sacrifice his teeth for the good of the team. Its too bad we don't have Jerome James anymore. Just starve them for a few days and they'll chomp down on anyone who dares come inside.

tiger0330

Legend
Small steps, 1 game win streak, Gallo a very efficient 25pts on 8 shots, team took only 15 3s, got to the line 39 times. Hope this game is a lesson learned by the Knicks on how playing the right way will lead to Ws.

KingCharles34

All Star

exactly...the Kings are more young and inexperienced then we are. The Clippers aint exactly a good test either, the Warriors will probably be tough even without Lee but its a winnable game. We can beat the bobcats too, lets put together a 4 game win streak now :gony:

We'll sic Eddy Curry on them and let him take a bite out of whoever is hot. We'll sacrifice his teeth for the good of the team. Its too bad we don't have Jerome James anymore. Just starve them for a few days and they'll chomp down on anyone who dares come inside.

And they will miss alotta time as well...we seen what chandler did to Lee. Just imagine what Curry could do to somebody

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Clyde Sucks!!!!
Breen is a Puppet.
Breen is trying very hard not to be, but its obvious who the man is in that relationship.

Gus Johnson should replace them both.

He will Bury Amare every "chance he get" He is the worst.

Refs are the second worst.
If they did not have Clyde trying to justify there actions or make it seem less obvious, they would be more fans complaining.

The Knicks are doomed, with clyde at the wheel.

Let's go Knicks.

shoot 3's if your open, despite what clyde says. He's an idiot.

Your clearly another poster on this site.

And yayy Knicks :) Gallo with 27 points. Loved seeing him shoot all those free throws.

So uh.. I kinda want Mozgov to lose some minutes so Randolph gets PT.. Also wouldn't be opposed to play Curry at C next to Amare once he gets healthy....

Paul1355

All Star
we barely won this game...the Kings are one of the worst teams in the NBA....their offense is dreadful. If you lock up the inside they are basically sunk since no one really has an outside shot on that team. Tyreke Evans didnt do much damage since Jared Jeffries is so longer covering him.

We could have easily lost this game.

We got lucky that Felton had a strong night offensively

But what really won it for us was that we lowered the amount of threes and drove often and Gallo played HIS game and not Mike D's game. He finally drew fouls and drove to the basket, then hit some shots just to put the icing on the cake. Best game for Gallo this season.

Turiaf was solid like always.

Amare was beast, his sequence of the block and then the pick and roll slam was the highlight of the game.

Fields was good like always.

Felton had it going tonight

A couple of players lead the team, but The Kings lack of offense really helped us.

Most teams would have beaten us.

Let's enjoy this win before we go on another losing streak:thumbsup:

^ The sad but true reality.. But hey a win is a win and I'll take it. We aren't exactly one of the beast of the league so a win vs any team is an accomplishment.

mafra

Legend
Yeah, falling behind by 15 midway through the 1st quarter... Scoring like 14 points in the 1st quarter. Hanging on to a 4-point lead with 2 minutes left against a struggling SAC team.... Doesn't mean this team is out of the woods.

All this win does is protect MD from getting canned.

This is exactly what you want from Gallo. GET IN RHYTHM knocking down some free throws and then the basket looks bigger.... Then shot 3s, but don't reduce yourself to being at the mercy of a 28-foot jumper.

STAT brought his game and led by example.

Not sure why AR was removed from the rotation. That wont make DW happy.

Let's see us beat GSW (sans D-Lee) and then take out the Clippers. Win 3 in a row and come home for CHA. That'll get me going again.

p0nder

Starter
This game was sloppy in the first quarter. I mean they came out very flat, but they made some adjustments and they worked.

The pick n roll was getting used, tho i saw Felton miss the pass to Turiaf and amar'e on a number of plays. Felton was playing better but still has to work on seeing the open man in the lane. It's clear he's not yet used to this style of play but he's getting there.

Tony D needs to understand his role without the ball as the SG a lot better for him to be effective.

Turiaf was a big reason we won this game, like Fields he does the intangibles that get us wins.

This sacramento team is better then you might think. Cousins is a big impact player and Evans is going to be a great player for years to come. Omri Caspi is going to move into a role position and give them a 3rd or 4th option on offense. I suspect that in a year or two this team will be fighting for a playoff spot in the west.

Feels good to be out of the losing streak. Hopefully they can do some more damage during this road trip.

mafra

Legend
Given how OBVIOUS it is that Turiaf is a difference-maker for this team, and how his energy-presence s almost impossible to make up for when he's not playing....

You would think the role he serves, rebounding and interior defense, would WAKE PEOPLE UP. So, instead of having Rautins, Mason, Williams on the team, wouldn't it be wise to get another BIG in here to supplant Turiaf at times, and fill-in when he's not playing.

E-Dampier anyone? He would mean more wins than Roger freaking Mason.

KingCharles34

All Star
ABCD almost has himself a platinum thread....just a few more posts

Im not sure what Dampier has left in him. Hes gettin old and washed up, larry holmes

But it would be nice to have 2 part time centers that can split the 48 minutes and bring us some defense since Mozgov is not yet ready to contribute on a consistent basis.

I fell asleep on this game in the 3rd, but I just finished checking the box scores. I'm sure glad they calm down those 3 balls, it was the main thing killing this team. I see Gallo has wised up a bit and learned that he could take his shooting to the foul line instead of the parimeter, I don't know whats more funny thou, his drive to the hoop, or the fouls these other teams are willing to give him....at this point, I'll take em.

Fields and chandler is still consistant, Douggie's D is still strong, and Amare and Turiuf was dominating the paint. After smelling that familiar stench of yester years, I welcome the breath of fresh air. Over all our D still sucks, but if we can slack up on the 3's and play these guys to their strengths (more often) we can have some entertaining games. I'm still skiptical with this roster, mainly because of how its used...I see a bunch of players who are more skilled around the basket then away from it. I need to see more of this to determine if the coach and/or the players are a match for this city.

KBlack25

Starter
I fell asleep on this game in the 3rd, but I just finished checking the box scores. I'm sure glad they calm down those 3 balls, it was the main thing killing this team. I see Gallo has wised up a bit and learned that he could take his shooting to the foul line instead of the parimeter, I don't know whats more funny thou, his drive to the hoop, or the fouls these other teams are willing to give him....at this point, I'll take em.

Fields and chandler is still consistant, Douggie's D is still strong, and Amare and Turiuf was dominating the paint. After smelling that familiar stench of yester years, I welcome the breath of fresh air. Over all our D still sucks, but if we can slack up on the 3's and play these guys to their strengths (more often) we can have some entertaining games. I'm still skiptical with this roster, mainly because of how its used...I see a bunch of players who are more skilled around the basket then away from it. I need to see more of this to determine if the coach and/or the players are a match for this city.

Gallo proved last night he can be an effective player when he uses his jumpshot as a threat as opposed to the main weapon. When he takes the ball to the hole, he seems to draw fouls. The long range jumper is a weapon in an arsenal for Gallo, not the entire game. Unfortunately he gets encouraged to employ only one weapon it seems like.

If he can continually take the ball to the hole, get teams in foul trouble (making teams go to their backup and third-string centers and power forwards), that opens up the offense a lot.

It's easy to hate Gallo. He hasn't been good and hasn't lived up to his promise and draft position. But it's nights like this where you realize, if this kid decides to actually attack the hoop he can be a deadly weapon.

We need to be smarter with the 3 ball, realize that the outside shot will always be there. We need to attack the basket and look for better shots. This is middle school-level basketball, fundamental. Get to the hoop, take high percentage shots. When we do that it opens up Amare, unquestionably our #1...if teams are collapsing on Gallo driving it prevents centers and powerforwards from sticking to Amare like glue...

For the love of God, take the ball to the hoop. When we played well in the Denver game, we crawled back into it, it's because we went to the hoop. That said, sometimes it looks like we can't buy a layup. Hate on Mike D, but we had plenty of open layups that we missed in the Houston games. This is 3rd grade basketball - hit your layups if you want to win. Mike D isn't out there missing open layups like we did over and over in the Houston game.