I can't find Melo thread
I have just posted a reply. Do you see it?
For some reason there convinced that we don't have the cap space to sign Melo next year. They are really in denial.
Need some help over there. Anyone please help
They don't want to see Melo go.. obviously theyre gonna be butthurt and sensitive about this..
Now there sayin Melo has said he doesn't wana join the Knicks and we don't have the money to get him. SMH! Talk about denial!
I have today off, so I went in there and gave them a rundown about the CBA and Melo's best options - obviously as far as I see it, I'm not a GM - and they banned me! 1 post ban!
All I said was:
If the CBA decreases max salaries to help meet the franchise owners strict mandate, that Melo would be better off in NY for the sake of endorsements. There is talk of reducing MAX salaries by 30% and for shorter terms, so it's CLEARLY a better financial option for Melo to market himself in The Apple.
They didn't like that!
No swearing, no taunting, NOTHING! Banned.
These fools have some serious sand in their vaginas.
Yeah your tellin me!
Im not even going back over there untill we get Melo. Then im just gona go rub it in.
Hahah. What a lot of mutts over there.
Still, Denver CO is a lonnng ways off from redneckville...But I imagine hearing New Yorkers call them that really pisses them off.
I cant wait to go over there after we get Melo and be like,
"Oh yes your tears are so yummy and sweet!"
[Only registered and activated users can see links. ]
Can some one make a video like this but with the Knicks symbol on Cartman and Cartman licking George Karl's face?
I just went over ther to see what there doing now that no one is there for them to tear apart.
*There still tearing apart Crazy8s and saying theres "No Way" Melo is leaving.
*With none of us there they have started on Gallinari. for those who havent gone check this out.
Crazy8s made this post.
He was then attacked by 2 Mountain people before the banned himLuxury Tax means nothing to superbrat, James Dolan.
The CBA's cuts will be relative to salaries, as well. The easiest way for Stern and the CBA to appease the strict mandate of the owners is to do one of 2 things:
1: Lower the salaries of middle and lower classed players and increase the salaries of MAX players.
2: To reduce the salaries of MAX contracts by roughly 30% and have a more level field throughout the league.
If the decision is option 2, then there'll be far less red tape and fine print and the franchise owners will get, or at least be very close to, what they're seeking financially which is:
They want to pay millions less for maximum deals and shorten contracts. Most of all, they want a hard salary cap and assurances that protect themselves against a diminished economy. And, I guess, protecting themselves from a stupid move or one with 20/20 hindsight.
Like a Rashard Lewis, Kirilenko or Arenas deal.
What's my point? If the outcome is the afore mentioned option 2 - which, let's face it, has to be more likely because there are approximately 30 max contracts out there and the rest of the 400 players in the league will start a revolution of the MAX increases as their salaries plummet - THEN Melo is better off in NY.
Because of the market, the endorsements, the high profile/celebrity perks of being the center of the basketball universe.
Anything he achieves in NY will be amplified 100 times comparatively with the same achievement in Denver.
He needs to sign his 3 year $65M deal now, or make like a tree. That tree being NY. The best basketball tree in the world.
And let's be honest with ourselves.... The Fuggets are slowly slipping down the toilet.
Your backs are against the wall boys!!!
No cap room my anus!
<!-- google_ad_section_end -->
<!-- google_ad_section_end -->1 luxury tax meaning nothing does nothing for a team when they are trying to sign a player for above the MLE, they can only go to the cap on a free agent signing.
2. there are approximately 20 max contracts in the NBA, do you think the other 420 or so players in the NBA are going to vote to allow the Max players to get raises while they take big paycuts? And is against the very basis of the union philosophy which is too take care of the lesser workers as well as the top guys. That will never be approved by the union, they have more of a chance raising the MLE and cutting max contracts.
3. The NBA does want to cut max salaries by 30%, however the minute Melo's believes it is going to happen, what do you think happens. I would bet he does not willingly take anywhere close to a 30% paycut.
4. The NBA is pushing for a 33% reduction in the cap, and a hard cap being put in place, how do you think that will affect a team without the cap space they already need? a 33% reduction in the cap cuts the cap by $17 million or so, while a 30% reduction in max contracts cuts the max melo would qualify for to $12.5 or so, meaning that not only are the Knicks nowhere close to even having cap space but they have to cut $13.5 million in money just to sign Melo.
5 I have asked what seems like 1000 New York fans to do this, maybe you can? Please provide a list or something verifiable showing that NBA or even NFL players make more money while playing in New York. Also you may want to get that to Melo considering he has already said several times that the endorsement money comes from national and international contract, which only come from winning.
6. I know that New York fans and writers love to call New York the mecca of basketball, but I would love for you to answer a question for me. When is the last time the Knicks signed anybody for market or below market value? If they all are desperate to play there, it should not take you long to come up with it, but don't worry we will all be around in a few weeks when you realize it has not happened in decades.
7. Please provide something with a quote from anybody but an unnamed source saying that Melo is only going to the Knicks. No innuendo or twisting of the meaning of something he has said, but a straight quote. I can show you quotes where he says that he does not want to play in a no defense system, where he only wants to win, he wants to weigh his options next summer, he never asked for a trade, he wants to play out the year in Denver, and the coming CBA is very scary to him, so can you show me one where he says anything about only wanting to go to New York?
all of this work and yet no real common sense. if the 30% increase on max contracts does become reality, then melo will BEG for that extension...and it WONT be with NY