Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: where does O'antoni rank among coaches???

  1. #1
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    county of the kings
    Posts
    1,120
    Rep Power
    9

    Nyk Logo where does O'antoni rank among coaches???

    lets put out the very good/elite active coaches as we know them

    jackson
    karl
    sloan
    pop
    skiles
    vangundy (both of them)
    nate mc
    adelman
    doc rivers
    brown
    avery

    the thing about these coaches is if even if their star players goes down.. they still have a competitive team.. even when jackson lost mj.. he still was good with pipen and co..

    even when nate mc lost roy and priz and aldrige.. they still were good

    even when sloan has no boozer still good..

    even when adelman has no yao and mcgrady.. still competive..

    then u have guys like....

    flip
    doug collins
    lawrence frank (asst)
    thibs

    who i still put ahead of him



    The truth is before o'antoni got nash.. he was a bad coach with marbury running the point. rather than prove us right.. he banished marbury even when he came in to lead the knicks and did exactly what the coach asked.. would this happen with gallo.???. im sure gallos father is like... my son musrt start.

    he sure benched nate for bad shot selections.. but if he does it this year.. galo is the first to be benched


    this is bulldooodoooo

  2. #2
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Sloan
    Pop
    Nate Mc
    Adelman
    Van Gunsy

    Top5 overall coaches.

    Still. You put Brown as elite? He mucked our team and left a bigger disgrace than D'ant ever will...especially if D'ant left now.

    And Doc Rivers was despised by fans and celtics hierarchy on the chopping block until their GM actually made a real powermove...he had a good team...now he's "elite". That's where this **** lies. -- the gm, who incidentally brings in these coaches after vetting them to begin with.

    Again. I have no hard-on off D'ant and think he's a mediocre in-game coach. But it's getting ridiculous how much blame and attention he gets.

    What's next? We can bring Phil Jackson in and then send him off after a couple seasons because he's really an ego-inflated overrated who can only handle big time egos and stars like his...

  3. #3
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    county of the kings
    Posts
    1,120
    Rep Power
    9

    Nyk Logo

    Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    Sloan
    Pop
    Nate Mc
    Adelman
    Van Gunsy

    Top5 overall coaches.

    Still. You put Brown as elite? He mucked our team and left a bigger disgrace than D'ant ever will...especially if D'ant left now.

    And Doc Rivers was despised by fans and celtics hierarchy on the chopping block until their GM actually made a real powermove...he had a good team...now he's "elite". That's where this **** lies. -- the gm, who incidentally brings in these coaches after vetting them to begin with.

    Again. I have no hard-on off D'ant and think he's a mediocre in-game coach. But it's getting ridiculous how much blame and attention he gets.

    What's next? We can bring Phil Jackson in and then send him off after a couple seasons because he's really an ego-inflated overrated who can only handle big time egos and stars like his...

    u can blame brown.. but i can blam the isaih/marbury relationship. brown has a good track record outside of ny.. so is it us???. or him.???. history would show its us... think about it

  4. #4
    Superstar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    962
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    I don't know how much you can blame the coaches but i can say this. Eventually they just don't reach the players anymore for whatever reason. WIth Mike D's philosophy we should be a great offensive team, but we aren't...

    Look at Wade Phillips with teh Cowboys, they were trash, then the fire him and they go and kick the giants in the mouth last week with the same roster.

  5. #5
    SWAGABURY KingStarbury3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Chinabury
    Posts
    3,313
    Rep Power
    21

    Default

    O'antoni

  6. #6
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by moneyg
    u can blame brown.. but i can blam the isaih/marbury relationship. brown has a good track record outside of ny.. so is it us???. or him.???. history would show its us... think about it
    I mean I agree. But D'ant has a history of successes and accolades, too...That was the comparison I was trying to allude to. And that the "is it us vs them" is really a lot more us than we like to admit...By "us", I'll include Walsh, too, along w Players since they are his players.

    Brown also *admitted* he did a **** job to us! No doubt the Isiah dysfunction had some to do with it though.

  7. #7
    Member BleedOrange&Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    354
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by iSaYughh
    Sloan
    Pop
    Nate Mc
    Adelman
    Van Gunsy

    Top5 overall coaches.

    Still. You put Brown as elite? He mucked our team and left a bigger disgrace than D'ant ever will...especially if D'ant left now.

    And Doc Rivers was despised by fans and celtics hierarchy on the chopping block until their GM actually made a real powermove...he had a good team...now he's "elite". That's where this **** lies. -- the gm, who incidentally brings in these coaches after vetting them to begin with.

    Again. I have no hard-on off D'ant and think he's a mediocre in-game coach. But it's getting ridiculous how much blame and attention he gets.

    What's next? We can bring Phil Jackson in and then send him off after a couple seasons because he's really an ego-inflated overrated who can only handle big time egos and stars like his...
    Yeah jackson is overrated all he did was win 11 championships... another fail post courtesy of IsaYughh

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    2,845
    Rep Power
    12

    Default

    Originally Posted by BleedOrange&Blue
    Yeah jackson is overrated all he did was win 11 championships... another fail post courtesy of IsaYughh
    He just won some games because he had the perfect stars and our pre-eminent superstars. Just like D'ant only ever won a lotta games because he has the perfect PG.

    Never said Jackson wasn't good. I never said **** about Jackson being good, great, or overrated. It was a point made about your type of hypocricy and logical flaws. And acting like a senseless whiny child with blinders on, thinking you can see. And a trap that a logically flawed, pointless poster like you walked into.

    Clean your head out from all the ****s (Gallo's included) that have been skull****ing you so bad. Take a nice nap from posting. Come back when you **** free.

  9. #9
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,484
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by moneyg
    lets put out the very good/elite active coaches as we know them

    jackson
    karl
    sloan
    pop
    skiles
    vangundy (both of them)
    nate mc
    adelman
    doc rivers
    brown
    avery

    the thing about these coaches is if even if their star players goes down.. they still have a competitive team.. even when jackson lost mj.. he still was good with pipen and co..

    even when nate mc lost roy and priz and aldrige.. they still were good

    even when sloan has no boozer still good..

    even when adelman has no yao and mcgrady.. still competive..

    then u have guys like....

    flip
    doug collins
    lawrence frank (asst)
    thibs

    who i still put ahead of him



    The truth is before o'antoni got nash.. he was a bad coach with marbury running the point. rather than prove us right.. he banished marbury even when he came in to lead the knicks and did exactly what the coach asked.. would this happen with gallo.???. im sure gallos father is like... my son musrt start.

    he sure benched nate for bad shot selections.. but if he does it this year.. galo is the first to be benched


    this is bulldooodoooo
    since MIke D never went to the championship with Nash in his prime, a young Amare, and Marion in his prime...i'd say he ranks pretty low.

    He has always coached bad defensive teams. So he ranks low

Similar Threads

  1. Rank Isiah's moves: Worst to least worst
    By metrocard in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Mar 26, 2009, 22:36
  2. Rank the players you want to stay
    By jpz17 in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Jul 26, 2008, 11:49
  3. Rank
    By jpz17 in forum Site Feedback
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: Jul 07, 2008, 18:01
  4. new head coaches
    By a knick fan in forum NY Knicks
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: Mar 27, 2005, 22:09
  5. Rank the Top Centers in the League...
    By Bobnbuu in forum NBA
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: Aug 02, 2004, 20:04

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •