Small Fwd. Problems?

e_D

Benchwarmer
Looks like we might have the same problem at SF as we had at PF for the past years..

TT, DerMarr, Ariza, Penny, Shandon, Eddie Robinson (if the Crawford deal goes thru, looks like it will)..

If the Crawford deal goes thru (again, looks like it will) we'll have a dynamic 3 guard rotation.. We wont really need any other help in the backcourt if Houston is healthy, we'll be straight on guards.

So that leaves guys who could play both guard and forward positions, stuck at forward. This situation kinda bothers me as some of our younger guys may not see enough minutes to get some in game experience. Shandon is making too much money to be put on IR (get rid of him, please!) and Penny is still a valuable, but overpaid, asset.

Am I bugging out? Is this not as bad as it seems to me?

NYK89

Rookie
well, if crawford comes here, shandon will probably be shipped to Chicago...also, Ariza probably won't get much time, unless he shows a lot to Isiah and Lenny, but i doubt that. also, if the crawford deal does go down, i honestly think the knicks will try to get jerome williams , a PF, instead of eddie robinson, but thats just my opinion. so that leaves TT Penny

WiL8000

Rotation player
I agree that there could be some problems, but I doubt there will be. After this trade is made, who says further trading won't occur. The Knicks could then package Robinson and/or Williams with Kurt, or someone else in another trade(many possibilities). Cleveland is trying to steal Baker from us now that they lost Boozer to Utah. We need to get him signed and off the market.

platypus

Rookie
please god get rid of baker before he goes on another 6 month binge.

I wouldn't mind trading away Thomas along with the extras we get from Chicago to get an extra SF, say maybe Stephen Jackson.

e_D

Benchwarmer
think Stephen Jackson is going to Indiana for Al Harrington.. I would've liked to have either of them

newmove

Rotation player
But still there's a little chance of it could happen... I mean, ATL makes dumb trades sometimes (remember, when they've let Sheed go right after aquiring him)... I hope it will happen.

If Al lands in NYK it will be a great boost for our team. And Rasheed is still an option... Jesus, help New York!

e_D

Benchwarmer
JJtheKnick said:
AI said he wanted to stay with the sixers. why would he change his mind? also where would we get money for him.

i think he meant AL as in Al Harrington.. Iverson can stay in Philly. Looks like our guard issues are soon going to be solved. Harrington though, would be a good addition. I'm amazed Indiana wants to unload him.

nycballa91

Benchwarmer
then instead of shipping off baker 4 al, just sign him and then trade him 4 money. i kno that cleavland is interested in him.

newmove

Rotation player
nycballa91 said:
then instead of shipping off baker 4 al, just sign him and then trade him 4 money. i kno that cleavland is interested in him.
This might work as well... Maybe they should follow this one.

2 JJ:
I meant AL Haarington, not AI ;)

kevin

Benchwarmer
Baker has not been signed yet and I think it's really important that we do since it looks like were getting rid of Mutombo, Harrington, Thomas and Nazr. I think Baker is done with his drinking problem and can be a good bench player maybe 20-25 minutes a game.

JJtheKnick

Starter
Baker has not been signed yet and I think it's really important that we do since it looks like were getting rid of Mutombo, Harrington, Thomas and Nazr.

where are they all going?? Harrington and Nazr arent going anywhere because the dampier trade is probably dead.

dacash

Benchwarmer
harrington and jackson were traded for each other so they wont be coming here.with so many trade possibilities its impossible to know who is going to be left on the team.we might not a glut at sf,also rember penny is reallya guard with good hieght