Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26

Thread: Foul Pimp

  1. #1
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,482
    Rep Power
    27

    Question Mark Foul Pimp

    Gallo sold, drew and enticed fouls out of the Kings' defence tonight for a season best 27 points on 4-8 shooting, 3-5 from the arc.



    He thrived on hand off picks from the front court and pics from around the perimeter.

    I just wanna know what the common opinion is about the, albeit once, successful change in his approach.

  2. #2
    Huge Member smokes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,226
    Rep Power
    19

    Default

    Let him do it again next game, then the next, and then get happy about it.

  3. #3
    Hannibal Lecter TR1LL10N's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Dark side of the Moon
    Posts
    2,743
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    Originally Posted by smokes
    Let him do it again next game, then the next, and then get happy about it.
    Word. 100% agreement on this.

  4. #4
    Evacuee Crazy⑧s's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    日本
    Posts
    6,482
    Rep Power
    27

    Default Gallo and the head fake video by Big C

    [Only registered and activated users can see links. ]

  5. #5
    Member serendipity10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    near the lincoln tunnel in Union City, NJ staying close to MSG
    Posts
    449
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    "Get to the line"
    This should be a game plan for Gallo especially when he's slumping. Gallo took and made 13 free throws with ease. Hope he keeps up this attitude and keep being aggressive. Gallo has big help in this 3 game win streak.

  6. #6
    Sexy Stud knickzrulezH20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,781
    Rep Power
    8

    Default

    Originally Posted by smokes
    Let him do it again next game, then the next, and then get happy about it.

    I'm happy about it.

  7. #7
    Member bboycustom92's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    445
    Rep Power
    6

    Default

    Originally Posted by knickzrulezH20
    I'm happy about it.
    I love that you came back to comment on this. I'm happy about it as well. At this rate we don't even need melo.

  8. #8
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    2,789
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Gallo gets to the free throw line REALLY well...it's almost as if any time he drives he's going to get fouled at some point.

    I like that.

  9. #9
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,969
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Considering this is the team's offense now, and not just Gallo deciding to attack the basket, his consistency might go up. He also might get his emotion back. I love when Gallo gets that.

  10. #10
    Veteran Paul1355's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    5,464
    Rep Power
    13

    Default

    Originally Posted by Crazy8s
    Gallo sold, drew and enticed fouls out of the Kings' defence tonight for a season best 27 points on 4-8 shooting, 3-5 from the arc.



    He thrived on hand off picks from the front court and pics from around the perimeter.

    I just wanna know what the common opinion is about the, albeit once, successful change in his approach.
    Gallo is the next Paul Pierce if he continues to flop and draw all these fouls

  11. #11
    Member BleedOrange&Blue's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    354
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Originally Posted by Paul1355
    Gallo is the next Paul Pierce if he continues to flop and draw all these fouls
    Anyway we can get it man... Not to rain on anybody's parade but STAT and Felton are a big reason for Gallo's success. Gallo was getting all kinds of good looks off of their penetration. Gallo needs to keep pressing that advantage by mixing it up with his head fakes and his drives to the basket. The encouraging thing is Gallo has always been a great finisher, when he gets to the rim he either finishes or gets 2 free throws out of it.

    I am still unconvinced that he can make plays or get his shot on his own. I just don't see him dominating the ball or commanding double teams and making plays. So I will stick with my projection that he will be a solid role player at best. I would love to see him develop a post game as he is much taller than most SF's but not quick enough to get by them. As for right now if he can develop some consistency (play like this all season) then we can start talking "untouchable" and "core" again. Right now this is STAT and Felton's team.

  12. #12
    Superstar nuckles2k2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1,172
    Rep Power
    9

    Default

    Yea if he can do this game in and game out then we're gonna have to reevaluate our Melo situation. This is a slump proof style of play...unless you go cold from the line. Putting up huge point totals on minimal amounts of shots = back breaking for the opposing team.

    This is what I wanted to see from him all along. Not saying that he can't be a star in the league but he can be a Dirk-like player (even tho Dirk is a superstar.) Forget that, just work on your game and show us something, your game will determine if you're a star or not and then the comparisons will come.

    My only concern is that I don't the dude to get injured drawing a foul, because a couple of the fouls have been pretty violent. And he needs to work on how to get an actual shot off after the contact instead of just throwing the ball in the air in the general vicinity of the rim. If he can turn some of those "2 shots" into an "and 1" then we have a bonafide superstar.

  13. #13
    Member kukoc7's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    165
    Rep Power
    4

    Default

    Originally Posted by BleedOrange&Blue
    I would love to see him develop a post game as he is much taller than most SF's but not quick enough to get by them. As for right now if he can develop some consistency (play like this all season) then we can start talking "untouchable" and "core" again. Right now this is STAT and Felton's team.
    1) I agree that he needs to improve his playing as post, probably it's the next step he need to do and this is primary a coach team job.

    2) Right now is Stat-Felton-Gallo-Turiaf team (IMHO).
    Gallo is a core for the team just now and Turiaf is vital: the team loose bad when Ronnie was out.
    Last edited by kukoc7; Nov 22, 2010 at 06:20.

  14. #14
    The Knicks are Back DaTPRiNCE's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Brooklyn N.Y.........Alexandria,Egypt in the blood
    Posts
    3,862
    Rep Power
    11

    Default

    if he continues this and playing with this mentality i dont see why he wont be in the allstar consideration as a reserve

  15. #15
    Super Moderator RunningJumper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    3,969
    Rep Power
    14

    Default

    Originally Posted by kukoc7
    1) I agree that he needs to improve his playing as post, probably it's the next step he need to do and this is primary a coach team job.

    2) Right now is Stat-Felton-Gallo-Turiaf team (IMHO).
    Gallo is a core for the team just now and Turiaf is vital: the team loose bad when Ronnie was out.
    Yeah, the great thing about this team it's not just a superstar's team. This will allow chemistry to grow more and more.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •