Foul Pimp

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Gallo sold, drew and enticed fouls out of the Kings' defence tonight for a season best 27 points on 4-8 shooting, 3-5 from the arc.

ap-598eb32c8c494de89d6e18b1c98662f1.jpg

He thrived on hand off picks from the front court and pics from around the perimeter.

I just wanna know what the common opinion is about the, albeit once, successful change in his approach.

serendipity10

Benchwarmer
"Get to the line"
This should be a game plan for Gallo especially when he's slumping. Gallo took and made 13 free throws with ease. Hope he keeps up this attitude and keep being aggressive. Gallo has big help in this 3 game win streak.

SSj4Wingzero

All Star
Gallo gets to the free throw line REALLY well...it's almost as if any time he drives he's going to get fouled at some point.

I like that.

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
Considering this is the team's offense now, and not just Gallo deciding to attack the basket, his consistency might go up. He also might get his emotion back. I love when Gallo gets that.

Paul1355

All Star
Gallo sold, drew and enticed fouls out of the Kings' defence tonight for a season best 27 points on 4-8 shooting, 3-5 from the arc.

ap-598eb32c8c494de89d6e18b1c98662f1.jpg

He thrived on hand off picks from the front court and pics from around the perimeter.

I just wanna know what the common opinion is about the, albeit once, successful change in his approach.
Gallo is the next Paul Pierce if he continues to flop and draw all these fouls

BleedOrange&Blue

Benchwarmer
Gallo is the next Paul Pierce if he continues to flop and draw all these fouls

Anyway we can get it man... Not to rain on anybody's parade but STAT and Felton are a big reason for Gallo's success. Gallo was getting all kinds of good looks off of their penetration. Gallo needs to keep pressing that advantage by mixing it up with his head fakes and his drives to the basket. The encouraging thing is Gallo has always been a great finisher, when he gets to the rim he either finishes or gets 2 free throws out of it.

I am still unconvinced that he can make plays or get his shot on his own. I just don't see him dominating the ball or commanding double teams and making plays. So I will stick with my projection that he will be a solid role player at best. I would love to see him develop a post game as he is much taller than most SF's but not quick enough to get by them. As for right now if he can develop some consistency (play like this all season) then we can start talking "untouchable" and "core" again. Right now this is STAT and Felton's team.

nuckles2k2

Superstar
Yea if he can do this game in and game out then we're gonna have to reevaluate our Melo situation. This is a slump proof style of play...unless you go cold from the line. Putting up huge point totals on minimal amounts of shots = back breaking for the opposing team.

This is what I wanted to see from him all along. Not saying that he can't be a star in the league but he can be a Dirk-like player (even tho Dirk is a superstar.) Forget that, just work on your game and show us something, your game will determine if you're a star or not and then the comparisons will come.

My only concern is that I don't the dude to get injured drawing a foul, because a couple of the fouls have been pretty violent. And he needs to work on how to get an actual shot off after the contact instead of just throwing the ball in the air in the general vicinity of the rim. If he can turn some of those "2 shots" into an "and 1" then we have a bonafide superstar.

kukoc7

Benchwarmer
I would love to see him develop a post game as he is much taller than most SF's but not quick enough to get by them. As for right now if he can develop some consistency (play like this all season) then we can start talking "untouchable" and "core" again. Right now this is STAT and Felton's team.

1) I agree that he needs to improve his playing as post, probably it's the next step he need to do and this is primary a coach team job.

2) Right now is Stat-Felton-Gallo-Turiaf team (IMHO).
Gallo is a core for the team just now and Turiaf is vital: the team loose bad when Ronnie was out.

Last edited:

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
if he continues this and playing with this mentality i dont see why he wont be in the allstar consideration as a reserve

RunningJumper

Super Moderator
1) I agree that he needs to improve his playing as post, probably it's the next step he need to do and this is primary a coach team job.

2) Right now is Stat-Felton-Gallo-Turiaf team (IMHO).
Gallo is a core for the team just now and Turiaf is vital: the team loose bad when Ronnie was out.

Yeah, the great thing about this team it's not just a superstar's team. This will allow chemistry to grow more and more.

CoolClyde

gallipini poeticock

when the foul pimp's wrist ain't limp
he's poppin' three's like italian shrimp
when the cock ain't hurt
he'll score in spurts
and 'Antoni won't look like a wimp

sorry
:boohoo:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
when the foul pimp's wrist ain't limp
he's poppin' three's like italian shrimp
when the cock ain't hurt
he'll score in spurts
and 'Antoni won't look like a wimp

sorry
:boohoo:

Dude. You're my favourite poster. You funny, funny bastard.:teeth:

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Just a week ago Gallo was being crucified by some of the posters who are now praising him. Kudos to the Knicks fans who didn't let a couple games blind them about Gallo.

ronoranina

Fundamentally Sound
gallo can also be called the foil pimp.. that's what he does, you know.

he's baiting opponents who respect his shooting in to drawing silly fouls. he's figured it out finally and it is SO good to witness from game to game.

..psyched for tonights offering!!:gony:

CoolClyde

Gallop Home

Just a week ago Gallo was being crucified by some of the posters who are now praising him. Kudos to the Knicks fans who didn't let a couple games blind them about Gallo.
most posters were just sick and tired of the damn cock chucking and missing threes instead of what he's been doing last few games... getting to the free throw line, not just hanging out on the perimeter, getting involved on D, and taking it to the hoop. that's all anyone ever wanted out of the godson.
personally, i blame his limp wrist and da godfadda.
tinfoil pimp.